[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Highway Sound Proof Fencing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1.jpg (59KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
59KB, 852x480px
Has anyone ever done something similar to that? I'm thinking to fixing my late grandma's village house, but my main concern is its proximity to a busy highway that's half a kilometer away through just a field and this muffled sound of traffic can get annoying.
>>
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environMent/noise/noise_barriers/design_construction/keepdown.cfm&ved=0ahUKEwiEjbTB9JPWAhXDLmMKHcudBY0QFghUMAs&usg=AFQjCNG6NrweNaKjEFZcU5nVjj1W8krovw
>>
>>1240497
The thickest, tallest concrete wall you can build, with a row of even taller trees on the inside of the wall.
>>
>>1240497
I'd probably do double or triple glaze windows first
If that's not enough then id do professionally blown insulation in your walls.

If that's still not enough, then id start looking at walls. Around here in California they are just cinderblock walls like 12' tall. Sometimes two walls in parallel. It's so far away I don't know how effective it would be unless it was quite long.
>>
>>1240504
I have one of those walls literally in my backyard, and am old enough to remember what it sounded like before it went up. It was a massive improvement.

It is also, notably, still massively noisy anyway.

OP, sound insulate your house. There really isn't a solution to this problem.
>>
>>1240505
>>1240504
OP here. I haven't noticed any annoying sounds while inside the house, but next time I go I really need to listen carefully. The problem is the garden outside.
>>
>>1240513
Wall, trees, bushes.
>>
>>1240513
Also feed the birds everyday, year 'round, it will change your sonic focus.
>>
>>1240497
Square bails of hay
>>
>>1240497
https://www.thespruce.com/bamboo-privacy-hedges-as-noise-barriers-2132868
>>
>>1240497

Earth berm with gabions on top, need to learn to handle the heavy machinery to put up the berm and fill the gabions. Only way to do it cheaply.

Sound proofing needs mass, not shrubs. Plants are just to cover up the fuck huge tons of dirt and rocks.
>>
>>1240589
Stands of bamboo is an age old noise blocker, fyi. They don't get rid of everything of course. I mean shit, I live 4 miles from the nearest highway and I can still hear it very well on some foggy mornings. There's nothing but massive hills and forest between me and the highway too.
>>
>>1240589
>implying you need heavy machinery to fill gabions with rocks
I'm sure the folks at home depot would love to help you with that job.
>>
>>1240587
>bamboo
You fucking nigger, fuck off. Invasive weeds are not a reasonable solution.
>>
File: image.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>1242204
>>wat clumping veriaties
>>
File: costanza.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
costanza.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>1242241
>less invasive than normal is non-invasive
wew
>>
>>1242204
true bamboo actually isn't that invasive because it only spreads asexually, except for when it flowers, which is only every 80-130 years depending on variety.

It can be a huge PITA to get out of your yard once established but it won't take off and destroy your local environment like kudzu, knotweed, mimosa, opuntia, etc.
>>
>>1240497
Thick row of trees?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.