[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I crazy to want to run plumbing (supply and drain) outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: shake.png (729KB, 1251x927px) Image search: [Google]
shake.png
729KB, 1251x927px
Am I crazy to want to run plumbing (supply and drain) outside of my house to the shed on the corner of my property for a washer/dryer? I'd need an ejector pump once it comes into the building under the foundation.
>>
>>1240097
Drain, yes. Just let it drain outside. fuck it. If you're in an area that it get's super cold don't forget to use pipe tape.
>>
>>1240100

>let it drain outside

can't, property slopes to the side so it'd go right into my neighbor's yard. I could only get away with it if I sent it under his deck, but he has a serious rat problem and supplying them with water probably wouldn't help the situation.
>>
>>1240106
Win win:
Pvc to under his porch with a collection bowl at the end.

About 10 feet back is a poison mixing valve that poisons water. 2 problems permanently solved.
>>
>>1240113
What aisle are the poison mixing valves in at Home Depot?
>>
>>1240113

my dad tried that on his property a few years back and ended up killing his neighbor's cow. In case it isn't obvious, cows are really expensive and he had to pay out a settlement.
>>
You'll need a small lift station and enough power at the shed to run it and the washer simultaneously. Water heater?
>>
>>1240097
If it is just greywater and the soil drains put in a drywell.
>>
>>1240097
Built a shed in my yard, 15x15
Put in a RV wet shower/toilet combo
Plumber quoted me eleven grand to run water and sewer, electrician wanted six grand to run the power
Fuck That Shit
Ran a trench 5 feet deep and pulled line from the garage to the shed inside some conduit, added a circuit in my main power box, watched a video on what to do.
Water went pretty much the same way, too long a run for a hot water tank so I put in an on demand mini one
Sewer was a problem
Watched another video and did a do-it-yourself septic system with two 55 gallon plastic barrels
Works fucking great
Area above the septic is fertile as hell, grow tomatoes, carrots, squash, strawberries, won't eat them myself, give them away to relatives
>>
>>1240187
Oh no, Anon, you can't do that. You'll have a flood, then your house will burn down, then the insurance company won't pay ANY damages (they'll actually charge you more for just thinking about doing your own repairs), and you'll probably go to jail for being subversive...

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure it's a book title, but you now know without a doubt that the grass is always greener over the septic tank. Don't ever forget that.
>>
>>1240187
>Area above the septic is fertile as hell
Congratulations, your "septic" leaks!
>>
The real question is why the fuck do you want to take your washing back and forth between your house and your shed?
Around here people put freezers in their sheds because its colder in a shed than a house so its more efficient. But a washer dryer? Guess you don't want to deal with ventilation or something?
You can't run a drain to meet the sewer anywhere rather than back to the property?
>>
>>1240300

because my house is small so moving the washer/dryer out saves a lot of room that can be used as a workspace. I also need a better place for random house supplies then the closets I currently have them stuffed into

>You can't run a drain to meet the sewer anywhere rather than back to the property?

not unless I want to go through my neighbor's property, which isn't a thing either of us want to do
>>
>>1240187
>won't eat them myself, give them away to relatives
based dr. Mengele
i thought you were dead somewhere in Argentina, my friend
>>
>>1240334
Here is a top tip for you, use the shed as a workspace
>>
File: Eichler-flier-Back.jpg (939KB, 3154x2125px) Image search: [Google]
Eichler-flier-Back.jpg
939KB, 3154x2125px
>>1240381

Let me clarify: my house is a tiny postwar shitbox (pic related) and the washer/dryer are in the kitchen adjacent the fridge and the standalone sink. To get an idea of how fucked this room is, the stove sits inside the original space for the fridge which is now too small for one, as 5' fridges aren't made anymore. A lot of work has to be done, and the first job is getting the washer/dryer into a dedicated utility room. The shed is the best option I have to do this that doesn't involve physically expanding the house itself (which I'm not ready to do because that job starts with removing the huge custom masonry fireplace, ripping out part of the driveway and moving a light pole).
>>
>>1240299
>Confirmed for not knowing how a septic system works
>>
>>1240423
At least you admit it.
>>
>>1240390

sounds like fun
>>
In those small old houses like that, there are of course hundreds in the area in just a couple of areas of town built right after the war, I've seen many cases where someone just builds on a really shit room onto there for washer/dryer, maybe moving the W.H. into there if not already in attic.
You can just either wall in and roof a small room on the porch or outside next to a door, or mate a small shed like 8x8 to the house or just a couple of feet away, near a door, then you only have to run utilities a few feet. You feed sewer for washer into an existing cleanout, through the foundation into the crawlspace (don't even have to bury deep), or trench around to the main drain line in the yard.
I've also seen the extreme of a semidecent freestanding addition/room/shed or whatever that matched the house and had a screened/covered walkway to it from the back door.

Some do it really cheap but decent, just going up against a back wall, building a 10x10 or 10x15 bare minimum frame/roof/insulation/walls addition and cutting a door way into what was the exterior wall. That puts it all up against the house, reached from inside, but can end up with the washer/dryer room off of a bedroom sometimes.
>>
>>1240390
Pic related says the washer and dryer are in the garage
>>
>>1241526

It's not the floorplan of the house I have, which my parents made some awful modifications too (example: a fucking masonry fireplace in california, but no air conditioning or central venting). I posted it as an example of what I'm working with. I'm just lucky that the house is built on a proper raised foundation (not a concrete slab) and that the studs are 2x4s not 1x2s.
>>
>>1241412

The end goal of all of this is to add about ~700 sqf doing exactly what you described but as two bedrooms (complete with cal king beds, walk in closets and full baths) instead. But for me to do that, the washer and dryer have to get moved out someplace else.

This is very much an exercise in pacing and staging things. If I could afford a bonded contractor I could probably get all of this done in about two weeks but I'm doing it myself so I have to do it in 24-hour increments.
>>
>>1240131
3. Next to the diy bunker books
>>
>>1240139
Shitty
>>
>>1240170
Leach line anon. Dig trench. Line with clean or washed 2 inch and shove a pvc pipe with holes in and bury it.
>>
>>1240299
It's supposed to ffs. Do u not understand setic systems?

U put bacteria in it to eat your shit and paper, then all the water mixes and flushes it out...
>>
>>1242647
Not directly above it you fucking retard.
>>
>>1242646
Field lines for washer? Won't detergent, clorox etc create a big patch of dead shit above it?
>>1242647
You don't have to add bacteria unless you live alone, rarely shit, use lots of clorox or take lots of antibiotics or chemo for the cancer.
The bacteria that eats your shit is replenished from everytime you take a shit and flush it.
>>
File: snab.png (72KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
snab.png
72KB, 300x300px
serious question

is there any way to legally drain a washing machine without a sewer in california? I'm in the same bucket as OP
>>
>>1242798
It's a 55 gallon drum u fuckstic he prolly just poped the 3/4 plug of a let her fly. Ask him. Fuck ig i know or care
>>
>>1243087
Fuck. Yeah, u might use some sort of nontoxic shit or lay a raised flower bead over the dead patch
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.