[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my Onkyo is acting Wonkyo. Generally the right speaker is a little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 8d7b4e95_front_large[1].jpg (57KB, 800x294px) Image search: [Google]
8d7b4e95_front_large[1].jpg
57KB, 800x294px
my Onkyo is acting Wonkyo. Generally the right speaker is a little louder, and as I increase volume they even out. Just a minute ago though, the left speaker was full volume and nothing from the right. I turned the receiver off and on and now I have full right and no left, even with increasing volume. Huh.

This should be a matter of scrubbing some eletronics with rubbing alcohol or some such, right? I'm totally at a loss here but I can't afford anything new like this, pls halp. Pic related is not the exact model but super similar, I will have to look on the bottom to see what it actually is
>>
>>1239558
deoxit
clean the pots and the switches
>>
>>1239563
something i need to ask, when i open this thign isnt it possible to shock myself badly even when its been unplugged? how do i avoid that? im retarded about this shit
>>
>>1239564
dont touch the big power filter capacitors
>>
>>1239565
okay thats the only thing i knew not to do already so i guess im good. thanks
>>
>>1239558
Onkyo is probably the cheapest, shitiest brand of receivers on the market today. Every year we get dozens of calls just after Christmas because someone got one from BestBuy or as a gift or something and they have problems. They also don't last very well. So, if >>1239563 suggestion doesn't fix it then you might as well shitcan it. The cost of the repair will be greater than the worth of the unit.

If you want something that is reliable and aren't will to pay for a Marantz then get a Yamaha. Even used they are pretty decent. If you just want something stereo music then an old Kenwood or Pioneer will blow that POS out of the water in terms of sound quality.
>>
>>1239567
its not from the market today though, its from the market like 25 years ago, when i think they were a bit better :)

I actually dont really need any "receiver powre" at all, this is just for my computer, I just need something to drive 2 bookshelf speakers. Ive been thinking about downgrading to a small ass thing, but I can't seem to find a good receiver that is not a standard large format?
>>
>>1239569
smsl SA50
>>
>>1239569
>25 years ago

At least it won't be full of DSP shit.
>>
>>1239569
Onkyo was never good. They were cheap. That has always been their only selling point. Why do you think you see so few of their products on the used market? They don't last. They have never lasted. The only reason they are still around is that they are dirt cheap and they make a lot of private label stuff. It is trash.
>>
>>1239558
It looks like the volume pot just went to shit. They're usually just stereo pots, motorized if you have remote control. You can clean it, but it's best to replace it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.