[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

wood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I collect woods whenever a near tree of valuable wood is cut down near my place i try to get some of that sweed wood,

has anyone else experiences with drying wood yourself? maybe some advice to prevent damage to the wood.
i use the wood for knife hilts so it is quite important espacialy to not have tears through the wood.

pic loosely related
>>
>>1238725
In 1997, Steve was chopping wood. He missed a spot and chopped off his dick, in 1997
>>
>>1238725
tfw wood dries out faster as i get older.
>>
>>1238725

Small and thin pieces air dry fairly quickly and with less cracking than whole boards. Cover the ends with latex paint or paste wax and put them somewhere with good air flow.
>>
>>1238725
The technical term is "checking," so just google "how to avoid checking when drying hardwoods."
>>
>>1238798
thx that helps a lot>>1238743
>>
>>1238725
my neighbor mills his own hardwood for cabinetry. he just sets it out in neat stacks of cut planking on the floor, with shims between the layers to air-gap it.

he apparently offers $15 per board-foot on mesquite, oak, apple, and Pecan woods
>>
>>1238725
as to handles. well, even if it splits you can fill in gaps with thin resin. and if you do it right it actually loos quite nice.
>>
>>1238725
For small pieces, after they've dried a month or so, the microwave may pull out some more moisture. Wood turners use it for fancy carvings that have to be done green. Also the oven real low can work like a kiln
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.