[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My desk space is very limited so I am building a monitor stand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: monitorStand.png (139KB, 935x1000px) Image search: [Google]
monitorStand.png
139KB, 935x1000px
My desk space is very limited so I am building a monitor stand that will allow me to place the keyboard under the monitor and still use it comfortably. However I'm also thinking of making some sort of heater to put inside of it, as whenever the weather is cold my hands always go numb, and any gloves thick enough to keep my hands warm would impede my ability to use my keyboard or mouse. Any ideas how I would accomplish this?
I'm putting some LEDs on the underside pointing down to illuminate the keyboard, so I'm going to get a big sheet of felt to put under the keyboard to reduce glare from the desk as it's fairly shiny. I was thinking of perhaps using excess felt to insulate the inside and stick one of those zippo hand warmers inside. However I think the opening on the front would be too wide and would let any warm air out. I don't want to put a curtain or anything over it either, I don't have good sensitivity in my fingers at the best of times so I can't touch type. I need the keyboard to be visible.
>>
File: felix again_ebin.jpg (33KB, 350x492px) Image search: [Google]
felix again_ebin.jpg
33KB, 350x492px
>>1237227
Why don't you just heat your house you fucking dingus. If you hands get cold wear mittens of keep a bottle of hot water by your desk to grope.
>>
>>1237227
duct the warm exhaust air from your pc to the hand warming statiion
>>
>>1237598
This, your computer is a heater. Mine is fairly confined under my desk and I had to use a fan to cool my legs the other day.
>>
>>1237227
You'll need at least 3.5-4" of vertical clearance for comfortable typing. Make it out of glass because for some reason you never learned to touch type.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.