[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Undoing the damage of DE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 3nc-bed bugs.jpg (89KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
3nc-bed bugs.jpg
89KB, 640x481px
How to minimize the damage of ridiculous amounts of diatomaceous earth?

Long story short...
>get bed bugs
>waste tons of money on witch doctor voodoo BS found online (didn't do shit and probably made it worse)
>waste more money on exterminator which also didn't do shit
>go insane; start thinking about burning down house along with all possessions
>Find EPA's scientifically proven facts (no marketing gimmick BS)
>buy 6 HP vacuum cleaner, $1k commercial grade steam cleaner and $500 thermal camera
>vacuum and steam once per week (using thermal to verify temperatures and find cold spots they may hide)
>make room spotless, minimizing places for them to hide, and allows me to vacuum/steam much faster
>no bites for almost a month.
>keep vacuuming and steaming once per week.
>safely got rid of bed bugs in a month.
>no more bed bugs.
>now haven't been bit for atleast 4 months
>dad finds bed bugs in his bed.
>tell him I have $2000 bedbug destruction arsenal available for his disposal that actually works.
>doesn't listen.
>dumps 2 lb diatomaceous earth in his room
>1 month later, I now am developing a cough and respiration irritation.
>he still has bedbugs

....So yea. He's probably not going to clean that shit up anytime soon. Ultimately my 2 questions are.... How the hell do you clean up 2 fucking POUNDS of DE distributed all over AN ENTIRE ROOM??? ......and we have central AC. This means that shit is being spread to my room and the entire house. I was thinking of getting some kind of high-end HEPA filter and just hiding out in my bedroom, as an attempt at protecting my health. Any suggestions for a filter or how to clean this mess up?? Yes I am going to see a pulmonologist.
>>
>>1236887
Shopvac and air filter
>>
>>1236901
>air filter
I kinda already had that idea xD Any suggestions on which model or brand to get?

>Shopvac
Won't the greater majority of the DE slip passed the bag and end up in the filter? I mean, TWO FRIKIN POUNDS!! If it ends up in the filter... $35 a pop for a HEPA filter, that'll be expensive as fuck
>>
once it's wet it stops being a problem. so maybe spray it a bit every now and then. blame it on summer humidity if asked.
>>
>>1236955
Any air filter will do. De isn't so fine it'll slip past regular furnace or a.c. filters
>>
File: inserts.jpg (594KB, 1690x950px) Image search: [Google]
inserts.jpg
594KB, 1690x950px
>>1236887
shopvac dude, I vacuum up metal chips with mine all the time.

don't buy no pussy regular vacuum cleaner
>>
>>1236887
>buy 6 HP vacuum cleaner

Just chiming in to say that, no you didn't. You're lucky if you got a 2 HP vacuum.
>>
>>1236901
Ok, so first off, not shopvac, wetvac. One of the ones that bubbles the air through water to prefilter, because >>1236962.
Although >>1236962 will fuck you with mold so don't do that.

Also also, don't even give a shit about filters, get a nice big hose to put on the shopvac exhaust and pump that shit outside. It'll either settle until the next rain and get ground into the dirt and clump so it's not an issue anymore, or it'll drift until it's low enough concentration not to bother anyone.
>>
>>1237033
6hp is 4,474 kW.
A 16A schuko can't handle that but your country's electrical system might be different from mine.
three phase 380V doesn't care about such small powers....
>>
>>1237001
Shopvac not a pussy regular vacume?
>>
>>1237001
>high powered wet/dry vac with a large capacity and the ability to go in reverse
>10th the cost of the shit women buy

so this is the power of the patriarchy
>>
>>1237238
>doesn't understand why carpets need to be beaten not just sucked
Cushy childhood m8?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.