[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a better way to have made this? I think I did pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: Weight Rack.jpg (189KB, 801x460px) Image search: [Google]
Weight Rack.jpg
189KB, 801x460px
Is there a better way to have made this?
I think I did pretty good, seeing as how it's lasted 2 years.
>>
splurging on an olympic bar and cross supports so that you don't crush your throat or crack your sternum/ribs.
>>
>Is there a better way to have made this?

Yes. That's third world shit tier at it's finest. Literally balancing heavy weight over your neck with rusty steel pipe which isn't suitable structural at all. Please proceed and remove yourself from this planet before you reproduce.
>>
>>1236723
Take this over to /fit/. They'll sperg out all over it.
>>
>>1236723
What kind of nigger-tier bullshit is this?

You actually trusted this pile of shit to hold weights over your head for two years? You didn't even push it out from the wall enough to allow someone to stand behind it and spot you, you retard.
>>
We /congo/ now
>>
>>1236723
If it works it works. Safetyfags forever buttblasted
>>
>>1236723
are you a BR? you seem like a BR

its ugly as sin but seems ok. id maybe add a cushion to the bench and replace the weight bar with one thats not rusted to shit but w/e
>>
>>1237786
It's rusted to shit because it's outside anon
>>
>>1237797
shoulda got galvanized steel or covered it with something

maybe even just paint it
>>
>>1236723
Are you in hawaii?
>>
File: no.jpg (50KB, 328x244px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
50KB, 328x244px
>>1236723
>dat rod
>>
>>1236723
Not bad, but I would have used galvanized pipe or at least painted it. Not a fan of the rusty bar.
>>
>>1236723
Uganda/10
>>
File: DSCF3297.jpg (3MB, 2848x2136px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3297.jpg
3MB, 2848x2136px
This one has lasted 5 years and I put 110kg/240ib on it
>>
>>1239119
anon
explain the ghetto weights
>>
>>1239473
Not anon, but weights are fugging expensive compared to concrete.
>>
>>1236723
Im selling a Marcy bench and hundreds of lbs in steel plates in Rochester, Ny . lmk
>>
>>1236814
>>/fit/42760808
>>
>>1236723
Yes, you should have made a power rack so you didn't die
>>
>>1239480
I dunno man they sell empty ones at canadian tire for like 10 bucks each and you can just fill them with sand or water, which are free

concrete costs probably more than 10 bucks a bucket

but then again im canadian and a city dweller so everything construction related is bonkers expensive
>>
>>1239545
>10 bucks a bucket
Literally paying for something you can find in nature for free
>>
>>1239545
80lb of concrete mix is about $4 USD locally.
>>
>>1236723
like others have said, you need stable safeties. it's possible to dump the plates off when you don't use collars, but it's a fucking mess.

the biggest problem is it's too fucking wide, limiting how many plates you can load on. in addition to safeties (simple sawhorses may work here), another set of J-hooks may come in handy if you can't lock out the bar. put another set of hooks up higher so that you can squat under the bar (bench moved), or rack the bar on your shoulders for military presses (not that clean and press is bad, but may limit your pressing weight at some point). if you decide on a power rack design like below, make sure it's tall enough so that you can press inside of it while standing with the bar fully overhead.
>>
>>1240036
>you can find concrete for free, in the nature
>>
>>1240368
I was talking about sand. I'm not sure what post I was trying to quote back to.
>>
>>1239473

Just made them out of some buckets, pipe and concrete I had lying around. You can buy a bag of cement for 20 euros and probably make enough weights for 10 gyms.
There are measured out so its just like the real thing.
>>
>>1240368
Never been to the concrete jungle?
>>
File: beforeafterfull.jpg (379KB, 1111x2097px) Image search: [Google]
beforeafterfull.jpg
379KB, 1111x2097px
>>1236723
>Is there a better way to have made this?
Yes, like this.
>>
>>1241812

>sand filled plastic weights
>dat 0.5 kg dumbell

rethink your life
>>
>>1239545
thats pretty clever actually
meanwhile i paid a shitload for actual ironplates.
but i guess it takes away less space, which is important for me, since I use the plates on dumbbells aswell
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.