[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know what this type of hardware is called? Trying to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Anyone know what this type of hardware is called?

Trying to make some but can't find a single thing on Google about how it's made without custom engineering.

I figure that there's gotta be a way to make this with flat bolts and brackets.
>>
>>1236722
Take a piece of angle or flat stock or whatever, drill holes in it that are the correct distance apart and the same size as your bolt, and weld the head of the bolt to the bar.
>>
>>1236722
ITT OP makes his own artificial knee joint
>>
>>1236722
U bolts
>>
>>1236740
I make some by tapping holes in stainless flat bar and just screwing some stainless cap screws all the way through to mount a new proportional valve on my mates troopy. Was just as quick as welding
>>
i'd put the bolt through with a bit over the top, tighten the nut to end, hold in a vice, then get a ballpeen hammer and stretch the metal outwards so it flattens over the top.

like http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-peen-a-rivet/
>>
File: hw1175_1.247.jpg (252KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hw1175_1.247.jpg
252KB, 1000x1000px
Not entirely sure, but I think it's referred to as a type of shackle?

Anyway, get yourself some wheel studs from an auto supply, and get some flat metal stock. Cut the metal stock to length, drill some holes in it, and hammer in the wheel studs.
>>
>>1239760
wait im a dumb. was thinking somehow that makes it hold
>>
>>1239763
It's better to use a press to get them in

Hammering them in is murder on your joints, call up local shops and see if they'll use their press for you parts, half the time all it takes is a case of beer and some cookies or donuts. Nothing fancy just be a bro about it unless they charge you then just give them the money.
>>
>>1240259
Pressing isn't really necessary, I wouldn't bother unless you had your own. It's easy enough to just put a nut on the stud and tighten it down to draw the stud into the hole.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.