[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Table Saws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 00b0b_aGGdm3GMmso_600x450.jpg (29KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
00b0b_aGGdm3GMmso_600x450.jpg
29KB, 337x450px
I'm torn between two brands of table saws to get. One is a Delta, the other a Porter Cable. These are the Craigslist ads for them

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/tls/d/delta-table-saw/6286645503.html

https://lakeland.craigslist.org/tls/d/porter-cable-full-size-table/6276848692.html

They are roughly the same price. The Delta Table Saw is much closer to me, about an hour and a half drive. The Porter Cable, however, is much farther, about 4 hours drive, BUT includes a lot more (dado blades, jigs, rollers, etc.)

My question is, is it worth the 8 hour round trip to acquire the Porter Cable or should I go for the Delta? Are there any major differences regarding brand and performance?
>>
File: 00U0U_20goIzzs1Lz_600x450.jpg (20KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
00U0U_20goIzzs1Lz_600x450.jpg
20KB, 337x450px
This is the PC one
>>
>>1236235
https://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-15-Amp-Table-Saw-PCB270TS/dp/B004TSNB78

There is something fucky with that PC fence, he modified it or moved it or something.
It looks like they only produced it for a short time too, which doesnt bode well. And the fact its way further?

I would pass on the Porter Cable, with that many accessories (most of it looking old and beat) its probably had a rougher life than you would ideally want.

The Delta comes with a much better fence in the first place, so I would go for that one. Looks like its been taken care of well enough, especially if it passes the nickel test.
>>
>>1236246
Almost looks like he is missing half of the split fence, why you would take it off I dont know
>>
>>1236235
Personally, I would pick up the Delta. You can make your own jigs. And if you value your time at all, that plus the gas money will pay for a new dado stack.
>>
I own that same delta saw, would recommend but 2 things to know:

1) Starting capacitors are known to pop, use a 12ga extension cord to alleviate this

2) spindle on some models won't fit dado stacks

Other than that it's a fairly decent saw and is the best bang for the buck I could find at the time
>>
File: IMG_0968.jpg (41KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0968.jpg
41KB, 512x287px
Delta, woodworking meme man uses one.
>>
>>1236259
Probably older than 2011 when a chinese company bought the Delta name
>>
>>1236235
Wow. I checked everything even remotely near you and its all garbage or super overpriced. I live in California and older Unisaws in great shape go as cheaply as 600-800 dollars but they are going for 2-3 times that where you live. Plus you guys are going to be underwater in 10 years or whatever. I'd move.

That said, the Delta is the better of the two saws. It is not great and I would never spend that price on a used one but it looks like the best you are going to get.
>>
>>1236256
What do you mean by using a 12ga extension cord? Like, just plugging it into an extension and then plugging the extension to the outlet? If the guy responds I'll be sure to ask if the spindle fits dado stacks, I didn't know that
>>
>>1236275
>>1236256
You lose power when you plug your table saw into an extension cord.
>>
>>1236274
I agree with you completely, and that's not only for table saws or power tools in general, it's EVERYTHING. For some reason, everyone in the Miami area thinks they're selling some fucking gem when it's clearly not worth anything close to that. Been thinking of relocating to California for some time now, heard rooms for rent are sort of affordable near the uni in San Jose.
>>
>>1236290
How much power are we talking
>>
>>1236294
What really happens if you have an undersized extension cord is that the extra resistance of the thinner cord causes voltage drop, which means your amperage has to rise to produce the same amouny of power. This causes cords & components to overheat or die over time, especially when frequently started/stopped or under heavy load.

Tldr; don't plug this into a basic home cheapo 16ga 50ft extension cord and wheel it into your driveway to rip up a bunch of boards, or you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
Delta delta delta delta delta delta delta delta
>>
What do you guys think of this Grizzly

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/tls/d/grizzly-table-saw/6288332268.html

Would it be worth getting it without a guarantee that, say, a new Ridgid R4512 has? Plus the fact that it's brand new
>>
P.s. the Ridgid is pretty much double the price of this used Grizzly. Worth it?
>>
>>1237484
Grizzly in general is a good mid level brand. And youll be able to easily get parts for it if you want.

Itd probably be a perfectly fine basic table saw
>>
>>1237485
I dont think the ridgid is going to be a vastly better saw, i would probably guess they would be on par with each other.
Its just the idea if you want to buy new or save money and buy used.

Buy some scotch brite pads and clean the cast top off, youll be money ahead of the ridgid
>>
>>1237484
looks like a grizzly g1022pro
>>
What do you guys think of this one? Always hear so much about Jet table saws.

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/tls/d/table-saw/6291727095.html
>>
>>1238347
chinese jet is not the USA made jet
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.