[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /diy/. Do you have a book, page or video tutorial about basic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: POMPA_preview_featured.jpg (52KB, 628x472px) Image search: [Google]
POMPA_preview_featured.jpg
52KB, 628x472px
sup /diy/. Do you have a book, page or video tutorial about basic plumbing? I want to install a manual water pump to feed a tank installed in my roof. It's at 6 to 8 meters of distance from the floor.

Pic related, I want to use something like that but not too big.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>1235525
pumps have 2 ratings, head and speed.
head is how much pressure it can impart to the fluid (measured in feet or meters, literally how high will it go), speed is how fast the fluid moves.
but its not just two numbers, its a whole curve.
at its absolute minimum head the flow speed will be the maximum, typically the same speed as the outer tip of the blades in the pump, you can work that out from rotation speed and diameter.
at the pumps absolute maximum head, where it literally cannot pump any more consider that the speed will be 0. between these two points there is an infinite range of head heights and each one has its own corresponding flow rate.

the pump manufacturer may show you a pump curve on a graph where you can trace the intersection of x and y to find the flow rate for your given head required, or they might just give you a maximum head and maximum flow rate, both are unrelated and don't go together but thats how they get you. sometimes it will give you one single point on the graph. if you ask them nicely they should give you the graph because a pump without a curve is no use to man nor beast.

everything you add, curves, bends, loop-de-loops, restrictions, valves etc all have an inherent resistance to flow, ideally you find what this is, convert it to head and add it to what you require when sourcing the pump. thats the tricky part. if its straight up or a single bend you might just kind of not worry about it just make sure you have a little wiggle room.

that skims the surface, if your feed is pressurised, fed from mains, dirty from a well, etc etc its more complicated
>>
>>1235532
thanks for the info, but I wanted to do something simple. I have a set up with an electric water pump, I wanted to change that water pump with a manual pump, that way I wanted to simplify maintenance. The system has two tanks, the lower tank is of 150lt and the higher tank is 500lt (I know, it's not optimal it's an improvisation). Water has to go up for at least 6 to 8 meters, that's from a second floor to the roof of a third floor.

Any ideas? My doubt is if a manual water pump has enough force to pump water one floor up.

Sorry, english is not my native language.
>>
File: handpumps.jpg (17KB, 576x320px) Image search: [Google]
handpumps.jpg
17KB, 576x320px
>>1235583
Eight meters means a pressure of 0.8 bar or 80 kPa. This requires either a diaphragam pump or a semi-rotary pump. Both are expensive.
>>
>>1235724
damn, thanks anon. I think I will learn about basic electric skills and plumbing, it will be cheaper.
>>
If you don't mind low throughput and you don't have to pull the water from a well, you could get several low-voltage low-wattage pumps and connect them in series. For a few bucks you can get pumps that have 2-3m head. That is assuming you have some electricity available, if it's a remote location it might not be worth it.
>>
>>1235997
it was something more related to easy to no maintenance, I wanted the manual pump for those reason. I don't know about electrics/electronics but a manual pump looks easier to maintain and install.

I found these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Lt4kgFafE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN9KLd9X6ZE

yeah, that anon was right, they ARE EXPENSIVE.
>>
It's just tubes, anon. How hard can it be?
>>
>>1236020
yeah, I think you are right. It's more a mental thing than anything.
>>
>>1235532
thanks, I read a little about head and it made everything a little clearer. Also, I found a semirotary manual pump from Italy with a head of 25mts I guess it could be enough. Also, it's not that expensive it (it's a little more than 100 dollars).

Still, I guess I will keep my current system and learn a little about electricity and electric pumps. But, if for any reason the pump dies, I will have my excuse to buy and install the manual pump.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.