[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck that Finch killing asshole But I have a large food freezer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: freezer.jpg (71KB, 900x903px) Image search: [Google]
freezer.jpg
71KB, 900x903px
Fuck that Finch killing asshole

But I have a large food freezer that is filled with years old no electricity food and black mold creeping through the cracks. How do I destroy this? It will be a bitch to move, would have to be moved down a bunch of fucking stairs and I don't want do die from mold exposure. Can I pay someone to get rid of this bio-hazard bullshit?
>>
>>1235155
Someone on Craigslist will haul it as junk pretty cheap.
>>
>>1235155
Buy new one with delivery,.. ask for haul away of the old one along with delivery... laugh... maybe tip delivery guys...

Or sawzall it apart... open the windows turn on a fan... vent the refrigerant because fuck the baby seals... it's literally thin sheet steel, foam, and copper tubing... you could pretty quickly break it down into parts
>>
>>1235155
The right amount of explosives should do the trick.
>>
>>1235155
Just a thought, why don't you plug it back in and let everything freeze before handling? Frozen nasty shit is not as bad as room temp nasty shit.
>>
>>1235162
If you're going to take it apart, wear a respirator.

If it were me, I'd suit up in mask, gloves, glasses and coveralls wrap that thing in a few layers of plastic sheeting, tape it up then drag that fucker outside.

Then I'd pull the food out and double bag it in industrial trash bags, put sawdust into the bottom to soak up any liquids, power wash it (or just hose it out real good), then wrap it up again and take it, and the bags, to the tip or other disposal facility.
>>
>>1235169
I support this idea.
>>
>>1235169
Good thought.
>>
File: LodsArkDDDD.jpg (20KB, 507x277px) Image search: [Google]
LodsArkDDDD.jpg
20KB, 507x277px
>>1235155
If you really want to do it and not fuck anything up: Suit up first, then
I'd seal it up carefully without disturbing anything with good duck tape, then a roll of wide heavy tape or patching/insulating tape like the rubber or vinyl, or even better, the mobile home underbelly repair tape.
Then, I'd get a cheap 2 dollar shower liner and put it over the top and sides, then tape and secure. If possible with helper, lay down another on the floor, move freezer on top of it, secure that liner from the bottom up. It's then close to air tight.
Next, 4 random chunks of wood or bricks, etc. holding it up under each corner.
Get 3 or 4 cheap lashing or winch straps from walmart or harbor freight. run the straps around long and short ends,secure. Now there shouldn't be any way for it to be knocked open unless you do a decent bit of damage to the whole thing.
To carry it down the stairs with a friend, you could try one of those harness/vest strap furniture moving systems, OR you use some strong wood or pipe and straps or ropes to put 2 long handles across each side
Carry it with the beams like it's the lost ark and your face will melt if it opens.
>>
Is there a large window or door near it? I'd just remove it and toss the fucker out it. When it lands, just set it on fire and salt the earth after.
Or rent a bobcat to push it to the road onto a tarp, and call for a pick up of construction debris
>>
>>1235226
I feel like this would be hard while going down stairs
>>
>>1235236
Never seen movers carry a sofa up or down stairs? Same principles, less equipment.
Just google "carry X upstairs" X= couch,sofa, fridge, freezer, etc and look at pics. You can life and carry from the bottom if you want, put it on a sled (even use a winch or rope/pulley if needed)

They got the thing up the stairs in the first place in one piece without the lid being open, maybe still in a box or shrinkwrapped.
Only difference is that it's a little heavier and you REALLY REALLY don't want the lid to open or contents spill.

If it was empty, you'd just tape or strap the lid shut and carry it down the stairs no different than a bookcase, sofa, fridge, treadmill, bathtub, or any other large or long shit.

If you weren't afraid of the contents, then just plug it in, freeze everything, empty contents into double bagged contractor bags or something.

Be happy you just have stairs. I had to help deliver some super heavy custom wood made couch into a 4th floor corner condo with an entry hall type thing. Couldn't make it through the door with such tight bends, too large to just twist tall wise, etc. We had to carry it out onto the porch of the unit next door, then use ladders as a bridge slide it over to their porch and twist it around into the doorway on this like maybe 5x5 foot porch. They could have have afforded it, but there was no way to use a lift or a small crane, since that end of the building was surrounded by trees and garden on a slope.
>>
>>1235169
Genius.
>>
>>1235169
Dude, that's pretty good idea.

Do you go to uni, or you're just using simple common sense?
>>
>>1235169
I do this with food that gets moldy in the fridge when I want to salvage the container.
>>
>>1235177
Aren't all the refrigerant gases the same they put in inhalers? Or used to?
>>
>>1235155
Wrap it way the fuck up in Saran wrap or tarps or some shit. Tape it closed tight. Then hire some laborers off Craigslist to help you haul it out for $50 bucks.
>>
>>1238169
Don't go the bio hazard route anon, it'll cost you tens of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Look at the massive cost a broken mercury thermometer cost the school system just 5 years ago

Check with a local medical college if they want a live/preserved culture of down on luck poor people filth from bad food and electricity biological samples for food hazards. Donate it, and let some poor college student doctors haul it out of there practicing hazmat and other clean up techniques. Make sure to do it when they have a glut of funds so at the beginning of their funding year only, or the end if they haven't used up their funds and don't want to have their yearly funds reduced.
>>
>>1235155

Put it on craigs list in the free section. Record people's responses when they show up.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.