[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so I have this thing connected to my pc, it's a serial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Ok so I have this thing connected to my pc, it's a serial device which is always turned on, but I can send it a signal to turn of temporarily, when this signal ends it will turn back on, so what I do is to send it many signals so it can be always off. The problem is that it turns back on between signals for a short period (maybe half a second). So I need it to be always off. I've been thinking about using a capacitor but I'm not totally sure about that.
>>
Sorry I forgot to mention, if there's no signal, A is positive and B is negative, but when I send a signal, A turns negative and B turns positive, so I think a capacitor will just blow off
>>
>>1234479
>Sorry I forgot to mention,

you need to post some more that start with that.
>>
>>1234487
Like what?
>>
>>1234489

seriously?
>>
>>1234492
Well, that's all that I know about this thing
>>
For a start: is it like rs323 serial, or a direct drive?
>>
>>1234496
I'm not totally sure, but it's a card used for printers. The thing is to keep the 12v constant on the input of the relay. I have the idea, like those that are used on a full bridge rectifier, that prevent the voltage to fall
>>
you want a latching relay and a driver for it
Serial device -> transistor -> relay coil
it toggles when you give it a pulse
>>
Why don't you just, I don't know, keep sending the signal without stopping for half a second each time?
>>
>>1234479
>I need it to be always off.
Then pull the plug.
>>
>>1234514
The pulse is sent by a BAT file, so it reads the line (which takes about 4 minutes) then repeats the cycle, but when it's done reading the line, it turns back on

>>1234561
The idea is to be able to turn it on and off from my computer
>>
>>1234479
Use either a latch gate or a flip flop between the relay if you want to toggle the relay on or off with the same signal
>>
>>1234705
Obviously you should run a service to keep the serial line on or off, or get a smarter controller that latches.
>>
>>1234705
>The pulse is sent by a BAT file
Post the content of your BAT file.
>>
OP, what kind of bomb are you making?

Post pics
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.