[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know if this is the right board but I'll post

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

File: GOSO_24pcs_Lock_Pick_Set_grande.jpg (56KB, 670x521px) Image search: [Google]
GOSO_24pcs_Lock_Pick_Set_grande.jpg
56KB, 670x521px
I don't know if this is the right board but I'll post it anyway.

Is lockpicking a meme? Can I learn to lockpick by just buying a cheap set of lockpicks and downloading free ebooks?
>>
>>1233639
A 12 gauge makes a great lockpick.
>>
>>1233639
Lockpicking works. It's not crazy difficult to learn either. You probably have some unrealistic expectations on how well it works though. If you're looking to use it for anything illegal, it's not some 5 second ninja silent way or opening a locked door. In general, with manual only tools, it's either relatively quick and very loud, or relatively quiet and very slow.
>>
>>1233639
That's exactly how I did it. Cheap picks because there's really no advantage in expensive ones, then read something about it. The only reason people think lock picking is difficult is because they have never looked into it.
>>
>>1233639
This is a stupid point of reference, and i'm guessing it's a mix of dumb luck and a cheep lock, but....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YER5uqxVs2A

They got in with no real lockpicking experience, so it would be handy if you locked yourself out of something or lost your keys.

My old man passed on the coat hanger and ribbon trick for getting into my car if i locked the keys in it, but you risk shattering the glass or fucking something up.
>>
>>1233639
Just buy one of those things from Home Depot that you use to drive fence posts into the ground and fill it with concrete.
>>1233640
This too.
Remember OP
shock and awe>stealth
volume of fire>ballistic performance
deafening loudness>silence
>>
>>1233639

lol i bought that kit too
>>
>>1233643

those locks are quite easy as the pins arnt threaded but it is a good diagram of how a lock works
>>
>>1233639
>Is lockpicking a meme?
No
>Can I learn to lockpick by just buying a cheap set of lockpicks and downloading free ebooks?
No. Buying the stuff and reading books is the start. Next, buy, borrow or anyhow acquire a metric ton of padlocks and bare locks.
Then, you start to practise. I recommend you to do this at home or some other place that is quiet, the more you can concentrate the faster you will learn to actually open locks.
>>
>>1233639
I have a Southord picking set that's on a keychain. It's come in handy a few times when we've had some guys at work lose trailer keys, LOTO keys, the key to our propane tank cage, that sort of thing. There are some great YouTube videos that will help more than a book. Check out Bosnian Bill. Another good skill is getting into a car door with a coat hanger and learning to hot-wire. Of course, unless you practice you forget how. Reading about it only does so much.
>>
http://lockpickguide.com/support-files/mitguidetolockpick.pdf
>>
>>1233639
It's a real thing. A fun "sport", too (seriously. They call it Locksport or Lockfaille. It beats the hell out of sudoku).

https://m.youtube.com/user/bosnianbill

https://lock-lab.com
>>
File: 1497223263630.jpg (38KB, 490x290px) Image search: [Google]
1497223263630.jpg
38KB, 490x290px
>>1233639
>k weapons
sage
>>
File: EZ pick gun.jpg (13KB, 550x452px) Image search: [Google]
EZ pick gun.jpg
13KB, 550x452px
>>1233639
If you really want to get into places, just get a lockpicking gun
>>
File: 1502825233924.jpg (37KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1502825233924.jpg
37KB, 500x375px
>>1233639
I could crack open most school combination locks after about a week of practice.
>>
>>1233639
/k/ related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yr6ATdaDQ8
>>
>>1233652
Those only work with fairly wide key ways on straightforward locks. In other words, if you got it with a lock gun, you could've done it with a rake. Don't get me wrong, they can be useful; they're just not the be all end all of lock picking.
>>
>>1233639
I pick locks regularly as a hobby, no it is not a meme, doable. In terms of picks, chinky shit is prob going to be everyones first kit which is fine, just dont got into the 200+ pick set meme. You will and even the good pickers are going to regularly user 1-4 picks. In terms of better picks such as Sparrows or Petersons, they can can get you thinner better crafted picks for euro locks or locks with difficult keyways.
>>
File: 1358656648835.gif (756KB, 241x182px) Image search: [Google]
1358656648835.gif
756KB, 241x182px
>>1233639
tfw it's dangerously close to illegal to even own lockpicks in this state.
>>
Locksmith reporting in. We pick locks all the time. However some locks are super hard to pick. More about key cut depth then lock quality as far as how hard it is to pick. A 26262 key would be a great big pain in the ass but a 45454 key would seem really easy
>>
>>1233640
Welcome to /k/, now git! -the post

a magical place
>>
File: 1502691059359.jpg (90KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1502691059359.jpg
90KB, 625x626px
>>1233651
>>
File: IMG_0576.jpg (1MB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0576.jpg
1MB, 2400x1600px
I believe >>>/diy/ would be the right board for this discussion, not that anyone here would have a problem with it. It's probably best to make a thread there tho.
>>
>>1233661
nice poorfag guns
do you have anything worth showing?
>>
>>1233785
No, my dad would be mad if I took more. How is this line of questioning related to lockpicking or diy?
>>
>>1233660
careful, one of the /diy/ mods is a kike. banned me for posting the 14 words
>>
Get ready to get arrested when the neighbours hear load metal against metal lock raping during the night.
>>
Keep out Tyrone.
>>
>>1233804
There's more than one mod for /diy/? No way... More like we share one with some other slow board, or two, like /po/ or /p/ or something.
>>
>>1233642
Expensive picks last longer since they are made of better material, but for learning to pick there is no advantage, if they're the same shape and thickness then they're functionally almost identical.
>>
>>1233639
I was thief and trust me you will take more than one year to even start doing it right
>>
>>1233847
I was a middle schooler and trust me it took me 10 minutes to craft a pick out of a pen and barely two minutes to open my first locker. The thing was so efficient that I stopped carrying my keys from this day. It worked with the simple locks of course, I never tried to open anything else, but the principle is quite simple to master.
>>
every single lock in my country is abloy
>>
>>1233856
>and barely two minutes to open my first locker.
thats not really an achievement, i open my locker at work by pulling on it really hard.
>>
>>1233861
At this point it shouldn't be called a locker... Also it was 2 minutes the first time, after you got the trick it's as fast as a key.
>>
>>1233639
Yeah it's kinda fun.

Get a starter kit, go buy a few clearance rack door-handle-locks from walmart to practice on.

It's a handy skill to have, you won't ever feel too impeded by a locked door because you'll just need the right tools to open it.
>>
>>1233867
>you'll just need the right tools to open it.
You can always just kick it in. Most doors are hollow and attach to cheap hinges sunk into cheap walls.
>>
>>1233879
Kicking doors is expensive if you have to pay for repairs. My friend locked themself out of their room. Could we have kicked in the door? Yeah, but picking the lock only took 5-10 minutes and didn't damage anything.

Mostly I just pick for fun though.
>>
>>1233639
Can make a basic set with a Grinder or dremel and either hacksaw blades or the metal inserts from windscreen wiper blades and a blowtorch to twist and bend torque wrench.

The they'll break from time to time but a reasonably quick and easy way to get started depending on availability of actual tools in your country
>>
imported thread from /k/?
>>
There's sets on amazon for $10-$15 that include a see through lock to practice on
>>
>>1234458
seems like it
>>
>>1233639
I picked one of mine today when I lost the key. It was only for a master brand padlock. I used another key that fit into the lock, but couldn't turn/unlock it, as a bump key. Took only like 5 seconds to open it. I "bumped" by shoving it in and out really quick and short while trying to turn it. Luckily, the lock is only for keeping racoons out of feed and not people.
>>
>>1233639
>>1233640
A 12lb sledge makes a great lockpick too
>>
>>1233639
i dont know if this is diy (im here starting a thread to ask for help) but lock picking is really fucking hard and the pay off is minimal. Lockpicking school in a box is great becasue it gives you up to 3 tumblers so you can work your way up and comes with a cheepo set so if you hate it you dont feel like you wasted a ton of mony on tools you will never use.

it took me about a year and a half to consistently do a modern six pin. ive used it twice.

if you are gunna learn it learn it for the art/skill not for practical application. if i was going to do anything practical i would just get a key gun.
>>
>>1233804
What are the 14 words?
>>
>>1235745
the savior of the white race.
>>
>Learned lock picking in high school Junior year (7 years ago) for shits and giggles
>Never really had a practical use for it, but it was fun
>Had a few padlocks I would pick, would try it once every year or so
>Fast forward to last month
>Do the pants check before heading out the door, lock the door and close it on the way out
>Get to my garage door, reach for my keys
>It's not keys, but it is delicious granola bar for breakfast that I put in key pocket for some dumb reason
>Fuck
>Know I have my pick set in my garage, and that the strike plate for the door is too far away from the latch anyway and you can just kinda force your way in, so I do that
>Get pick set
>Fiddle for like ~45 seconds, lock turns, open door, get keys, move on with my day and didn't have to give the landlord a call
>Realize that I should probably ask my landlord to replace the locks with some that aren't shit

Useful skill OP, but maybe not for obvious reasons and maybe not immediately so.
>>
>>1233657
commiefornia?
>>
>>1234397
Street sweeper bristles. Strong spring steel. Look for them along the side of the road where all the gravel and shit collects.
>>
>>1233639
Go to the junkyard with your lock pic set.... that supplemented with some videos, you will be unlocking any and everything
>>
>>1236880
>not using bobby pins
>not growing your hair out to explain possession of bobby pins
It's like you all want to be caught being niggers.
>>
>>1238043
>to explain possession of bobby pins
holy shit, is this how far bongland has fallen?
>>
Why are bump keys so expensive?
>>
File: bobby-pin-lock-picking.gif (917KB, 700x286px) Image search: [Google]
bobby-pin-lock-picking.gif
917KB, 700x286px
>>1238043
>>
>>1233653
>Be in middleschool
>Be horny little teenager
>Goth kid named Thad or Thai or something comes over to me during lunch and offers to sell me what he calls a "shim"
>It's just a bent piece of metal that looks like pic related, and all you have to do is wedge it into those cheap schoolyard locks and twist it open
>Don't believe him, but he shows me how to do it and it's unbelievably easy
>I buy it off him for literally just 5 dollars
>Break into girl's lockers and steal their panties and bras from their gym clothes during PE
>Imagined them walking around uncomfortably all day with their nips poking out of their thin shirts and their bare mounds exposed to the cold air under their school skirts
>J/O to it in the bathroom with my bag stuffed full of girl's underwear
>Do other /lewd/ things to their personal property, coinciding with around the same time my body actually began producing semen
>Steal this really cute girls panties and hang it above a pole for everyone else to see, because 13 year old me really got off to that
>Middleschool me thought I wasn't the only one doing this because I figured if Thai was selling me these shims for only 5 bucks, then he must be selling it to everyone else too
>Turns out I was the only one he sold it to, and it was becoming very obvious that I was the culprit behind all these school locker break-ins
>Get super freaked out and quit breaking in to locks
>Apparently I quit breaking in to them the MOMENT they were about to lay a trap for me in the form of a surveillance camera or something
>Find out about this because some poor sucker had gotten a shim and had tried to do what I did and got caught
>Not from Thai, he just happened to buy it from someone else or make it himself
>He tried to explain that he wasn't the one that did all of the other crimes, but he couldn't really prove himself
>Not sure what happened, because didn't want to ask too many questions or I might be pegged as a suspect
>Get away scot-free
>>
>>1238897
I'm pretty sure I still have some of those panties from years ago somewhere inside my closet. I never threw them away or my parents never found them, so they must still be in my room somewhere.

Thanks, based Thad/Thai. You pretty much single-handedly revolutionized my adolescent sexual awakening.
>>
File: shim.jpg (7KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
shim.jpg
7KB, 280x180px
>>1238897
oh shit, here's pic related
>>
File: coke can padlock pick.png (109KB, 866x649px) Image search: [Google]
coke can padlock pick.png
109KB, 866x649px
>>1238901
>pair of scissors
>empty coke can
>profit!
$5
>>
>>1238937
C'mon, man. I'm only calling it a shim now because I've learned what it is. If I was telling the story in the first-person, 13 year old me would have just called it "a metal bendy lockpicky thing".

Not to mention, all I had back then was a shitty used laptop computer from Compaq (kek, remember that?) that only my dad would use for work, and I didn't want to look it up on my school computers because I knew it would get me caught.
>>
>>1233640
fpbp
>>
>>1233639
What about this set
http://www.tmart.com/12pcs-Unlocking-Lock-Pick-Set-10pcs-Key-Extractor-Set-1pc-Transparent-Practice-Padlock-Silver-Transparent_p362337.html
>>
>>1239124
meh, said fuck it and ordered it.

Just two weeks ago friend paid $75 for a locksmith to come and pick his front door when we locked keys inside.
I dont want to start a hobby, just want to be competent enough to pick Kwiksets if need be, which im reading isnt too hard
>>
>>1235793
I must be blind because I can see that is only 6 words long.
>>
>>1239135
You should have gotten bump keys instead.
>>
>>1233639
I managed to unlock a locked bedroom door when my uncle left my dad's house for weeks and left a fan on the whole time.

Did it once then realized i turned the wrong way so i did it again.

Had to unlock it again like a week later.
>>
>>1238538
I don't get it. If you work one pin at a time, why wouldn't the blue part just be pushed back into the cylinder? They're fucking springloaded. Please help a retard out.
>>
>>1239849
My younger brother said the exact same thing. You're playing on the imperfections of the lock and it's components.

When you apply extremely light torque to the tumbler it rotates ever so slightly, creating a lip between the tumbler and the cylinder cavity. When the pin is pushed into the cylinder cavity and it's passed the tumbler threshold, apply extremely light torque to create the lip and the lip then holds the pin in place inside the cylinder cavity.
>>
>>1233655
I've found raking to be the most "spy" type of tech, and works on almost every "simple" 4 and 5 pin lock. I've picked file-cabinet / master-lock / interior / exterior doors at work at least 10 times now, possibly more. Everyone is stunned when you do it, if you're good with a rake and torque wrench, you can open a lock in 10-15 seconds.

That said, I enjoy actually picking a lock. Requires a lot more patience, feel and skill, but it's so much more rewarding knowing where the pins catch.

So, yes, you can learn by reading, getting some cheap locks and a cheap pick set. You get good with lots of time. It's like crocheting for neck-beards.
>>
>>1239866
>It's like crocheting for neck-beards.
Apt.
>>
Does anyone know what sort of picks are needed to open Abloy or similar picks? Wasn't able to find any ebooks on the subject.
>>
>>1239514
felony in my state to even posses
>>
>>1239900
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkgZ6P9RIcw

Doesnt look like he is using anything special, other than his godlike picking skills
>>
>>1239979
But a lock pick set isn't...?
>>
>>1240030
Nope, as long as im not using them in a burglary they are legal to possess and use.

Pick guns are explicitly illegal too.
Its weird
>>
>>1240035
Put earing hooks on the bump keys. They're no longer burglary tools, they're jewelry
>>
>>1239982
It is made in France after all, so I guess we need to expect a level of weirdness." Ha, classic.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.