[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Army just found out about my Asthma and rejected my application,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0769.jpg (350KB, 1806x1740px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0769.jpg
350KB, 1806x1740px
Army just found out about my Asthma and rejected my application, so im starting a pre-apprenticeship building course, and im going to be a framer or some shit for the next 50 years.

Did I fuck up my life? What am I in for?
>>
Unless you're trying to support a family or something you're not stuck in one profession forever.
>>
>>1232905
Switch to carpentry. Woodworking is dope, and you'll get paid more per hour of work done.
>>
>>1232914
I already woodwork (basic shit, workshop drawers and such) dont want to ruin my hobby by doing it often.
>>
>>1232905
You're probably doing the right thing, if you don't like standing up for long periods of time you wouldn't have liked the Army either.
>>
>>1232934
But I was smart enough for engineering shit, why didnt somebody beat some sense into me as a teenager.
>>
>>1232937
sure it was asthma and not your victim complex?
it's never too late to start anything
>>
>>1232956
My Dad used to beat me and my Mum died. Ive earned the ability to bitch about shit.
>>
>>1232958
You can bitch about shit all you like but it won't help your situation none. Bitch about the shit you can't change, man the fuck up about the shit you can.
>>
>>1232963
I dont even want to be an engineer cunt!!
>>
>>1232905
Made a mistake somewhere allowing them to find out.
I went all through basic with asthma, and constant exercise practically cured the condition. They never found out.
Though it was a hell of a scare before the cs gas chamber... I made my peace with God the night before
>>
>>1232965
So what DO you want you whiney bitch?
>>
>>1232992
Pussy and a non drunk Dad
>>
>>1232993
Well how 'bout you man up, get a decent job so you can attract some pussy, and stop being such a disappointment so your father has one less reason to drink?
>>
>>1232995
STOP REAPONDING TO ME GODDAMMNIT!!!
>>
>>1232997
K
>>
>>1232905
Nah, it's an honest living op. Thank you for trying tho. Backbreaking hard work is all i have ever known. Just be smart and dont hurt yourself or fucking get tinnitus. PPE sucks dick but what sucks several times more dicks is not having peace and quiet until you die
>>
>>1232937
Lol, right?

Dad: anon u dont wanna be drilling wells like me stay in school.

Me: immediately does the opposite of what dad says like alays and regret it instantly.

Teenagers are all fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1502547948417.jpg (97KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1502547948417.jpg
97KB, 720x960px
>>1232958
Fuck. That sucks anon.
>>
>>1232905
>Did I fuck up my life?

You dodged a bullet, be thankful you were rejected
>>
>>1232958
>Promise me, son, not to do the things I've done
>Walk away from trouble if you can
>It won't mean you're weak if you turn the other cheek
>I hope you're old enough to understand
>Son, you don't have to fight to be a man

Memes aside, sucks that your dad is a dumb faggot but honestly, never ever bring that up in front of anyone, especially in a bitchy whiny context like you did here. They will think you are weak for not defeating the dragon on your own.

If you are as smart as you think you are, apply for scholarships. Bitch about your striggles with daddy on those, they love an underdog. This is the ONE exception to the rule I stated above. If you're not smart enough for the scholarships, you prob werent smart enough to hack it as an engineer.

>t. guy who got his engineering schooling paid for through govt grants and scholarships all the way up to M.Sc.

Sort yourself out anon.
>>
>>1233020
Kenny Rodgers is a huge faggot
>>
>>1233022
>This anon never got to cruise backcountry roads in an old pickup truck with a nice father who let him have his first beer while listening to the oldies country station

Yeah I guess I can see how you'd form that opinion. Sucks your dad was too busy repressing his homosexual thoughts about his son with whiskey to have given you nice memories like that
>>
Fun fact.
The recruiters do things like this to see how bad you really want to be in the army. If you fought for it they probably would have let you join but you just gave up like a bitch so now they probably don't even want you
>>
>>1233020
>>It won't mean you're weak if you turn the other cheek

>turn the other cheek
>turn the other cheek
>show them all how strong you are by simply acting weak
>inherit all the world someday cuz you are so meek
>show them just how meek when you turn the other cheek!
>>
>>1233024
Road sodys on backroads is not something you do with your father. Are you a faggot?
>>
File: big-clean.jpg (278KB, 2560x2880px) Image search: [Google]
big-clean.jpg
278KB, 2560x2880px
>>1233028
>He's never listened to the song

The dude ends up killing his gf's three rapists lmao, here's the final chorus

>I promised you, Dad, not to do the things you've done
>I walk away from trouble when I can
>Now please don't think I'm weak, I didn't turn the other cheek
>And papa, I sure hope you understand
>Sometimes you gotta fight when you're a man
>>
>>1233030
>Road sodys on backroads is not something you do with your father

When your father is a farmer and you need to cruise atound and check on crops, It absolutely is. Cherished memory
>>
>>1233036
Fuck you cunts with your stable father figures!!!
>>
i applied to ABC, apprentice electrician program recently, got about a yr and 3 months till my date comes up. looking forward to it.

hopefully it works out for you, OP.

steady work learn a trade, cant be all that bad

ps, Kenny and The First Edition were pretty sweet
>>
>>1232916

The company you work for WILL find out you do trim work and WILL make you the trim guy if you are any good at it. Being a framer is fine, but you better be 6 feet tall.

Best advice I can give you on the trades is just be prepared to be around guys who like ball-busting. Other than that, if you don't have any DIU's or felonies, you're ahead of the game

t. resi-electrician
>>
>>1233035
i was singing a different song, can't help but sing it when i hear the phrase
>>
I've never known me dad, was raised by an absent mother and a granddad whose father fought in WWI, was wounded, and then still joined up to fight the Reds a couple years later. Man taught me all I really know about being a man, and passed away back in January. No pain.

I now work as a lawyer, serve in the local National Guard (operate Ksp58 and CG84), and woodwork in my spare time.

How did I do, buddies?
>>
>>1233077
7/10
>>
>>1233036
Fuck if it aint. I grew up on a drilling rig. I was a little young for beer but dad and whoever rode with is had a few every day after work. Was a good time
>>
>>1232905
git wrecked fool
>>
>>1232905
>and rejected my application
Wait for the next war, they won't give a shit then.
>>
>>1233077
Well you got some nice digits
>>
>>1233077
>Man taught me all I really know about being a man

>I now work as a lawyer,

He taught you to be a fucking snake?
>>
>>1232905
>Did I fuck up my life? What am I in for?
1. No
2. Money, but not a huge amount

becoming self employed in the trades was the best thing I ever did... just a shame no one told me there were fucking ridiculous financial barrier to all the things I want to do even though I can afford them now, sounds crazy right? it is, fucking fuck. /rant.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.