[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://shop.carbide3d.com/products /shapeoko3?variant=42721

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (192KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
192KB, 1024x768px
https://shop.carbide3d.com/products/shapeoko3?variant=42721918086

Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting a desktop CNC machine, and this one caught my eye. Wondering if anyone has any experience with it, or this website in general. Also looking for recommendations for good desktop CNC machines, and tips. Thanks guys. Oh, and my budget is no more than two and a half thousand NZD. Though that could be stretched a bit. But I will have to do a lot of saving.
>>
>>1232835

what are you gonna be using it for op

I just noticed it's just a router on a moving bar. couldn't you make your own and program it with arduino or raspberry meme. I'm sure there's programs somewhere on github that can do it for you.
>>
>>1232840
Im only gonna be using it for small things, but I don't do arduino or programming. This is just one I've spotted, so other recommendations would be nice.
>>
>>1232842
Get the Ox instead
>>
File: IMAG1249.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1249.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>1232835
A colleage has one, doesn't get as much use as we'd thought it would. Depends on how large an item you want to work with. There is no such thing as a plug and play cnc device for the hobbyist market. Shapeoko's are pretty expensive, you're paying for r&d and the brand rather than steppers, belts, bearings/bushings/guides and aluminum extrusion.
>two and a half thousand NZD
Don't know the exchange rate or care to look it up. As for learning "arduino programming" you don't really have to learn it, there's several DIY cnc mills tutorials that are very hand-holdy, and it's all pretty much the same firmware. Depending on what you want to do, a cheap Chinese kit might do well.
(this was $250 USD and works perfectly fine for the purpose I bought it.)
>>
>>1233059
>(this was $250 USD and works perfectly fine for the purpose I bought it.)

What is the model or brand? What can it do? $250 is so low I assume it can only do small plastic or wood, perhaps teeny aluminum jobs.
>>
>>1233237
Also, pc board routing, guessing by what's on the table.
>>
>>1233274
>Also, pc board routing, guessing by what's on the table.

ah. that explains everything.
>>
>>1233237
I've done aluminum parts ~15mm thick, you have to go way slow. And yes, I bought it specifically for pcb routing. We go back to the question: What do you want to do with yours?
>>
>>1233313
>What do you want to do with yours?

Actual milling, at least on small aluminum. I realize that an actual mill for machining metal starts at a few thousand dollars, plus all the tools and coolant and whatnot, which is why I'll never own one. I just looked at your cool setup for $250 and started deluding myself for the hundredth time.
>>
>>1233316
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-4-Axis-CNC-3040-Mill-Router-Kit-USB-Desktop-Metal-Engraver-Milling-Machine-/282132657035?hash=item41b06ab38b:g:HOsAAOSwKz9ZnlCK
If it's never going to happen otherwise, I'd give this a shot and fuck around until it's properly tuned.
>>
>>1233330
ah, where's the 4th axis?
>>
>>1232835
would this be a good leadscrew and motor for a cnc? It looks really nice

https://www.banggood.com/T8-1000mm-Stainless-Steel-Lead-Screw-Coupling-Shaft-Brass-Nut-Motor-Kit-For-3D-Printer-p-1132987.html?p=2T111812202419201707
>>
>>1233591
Around the motor spindle, I suppose.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.