[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just got this. What can I do with it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: gentoo.jpg (3MB, 4224x2394px) Image search: [Google]
gentoo.jpg
3MB, 4224x2394px
So I just got this.
What can I do with it?
>>
>>1232299
Put it in a blender.
>>
>>1232299
comb your hair with it
>>
>>1232299

how do you get the USB to work.
>>
>>1232299
I swear this is a pasta.

If you're serious, make something like a home automation server, media station, mail server, etc. with it. Make magazine/website also has a bunch of neat raspi projects, but they do cost a bunch in little peripherals.
>>
Stick it up your fucking arse then piss off back to /g/.
>>
>>1232299
If you have no ideas for what to do with it, why did you buy it? I swear to God buyfags who try to into /diy/ they just buy all this /diy/ related shit and never do anything with it.
>>
>>1232299
Use it as an overpriced USB hub
>>
>>1232299
these threads should be removed...
>>
Posted before and I don't condone this, it's only something you could do:

Make the most illegally overpowered janky FM transmitter that craps harmonics all over the spectrum:
http://makezine.com/projects/raspberry-pirate-radio/

Better still, you could fuck around with the config file and set the frequency to something in the airband if you want to feloniously orchestrate a race between your local version of the FAA and FCC to hunt down your pirate radio station.
>>
>>1232299
mine controls my hydroponic systems
>>
>>1232642

/r/ pics of your setup
>>
>>1232299
Make an idea generator.
>>
>>1232299
Toilet cam
>>
>>1232299
Nice dubs
>>
>>1232299
>retropi
>onionpi
>security camera
>plex
>control RC car, like I did
>web radio
>throw kali, and hack shit
>ssh server

The possibilities are endless
>>
>>1232299
Stick it up ur cock you stoopid knut
>>
>>1232700
where is the upvote button?

>kek
>>
>>1232299
Why did you buy a thing you have no use for ?
>>
>>1233999
>why?
Just buyfag things.
>>
>>1234016
if all you care about is buying why ask what to use it for ?
>>
>>1234024
Not OP
>>
>>1232299
Read the Raspberry Pi Magazine: tons of ideas.

>>1232453
Don't. The harmonics might interfere with emergency radio bands reserved for aircrafts. We are easily talking about federal offence and years behind bars. Interfere with military air bands and you will be "accidentally" gunned down. Just don't.
>>
>>1234042
I think that was the idea. Stupid shit like that always makes for a good laugh on the local evening news.
>>
>>1232299
Insert it into your ass
>>
>>1234217
I suppose that's one way to interface with it.
>>
File: Blame!_vol01_log03__p103.png (237KB, 650x1060px) Image search: [Google]
Blame!_vol01_log03__p103.png
237KB, 650x1060px
Bumpez
>>
>>1234320
>>1232299
Ordinarily I would tell you to stuff it up your ass, but since you posted Blame, I'm going to tell you to do literally anything that requires constant runtime, but less power than your typical application
>>
Make it into a stand user.
>>
>>1234343
OP did not post blame. May be make it a media server that will transfer video / pictures to digital photo frames. (or similar led screens) I do not know how to correctly call this device in English
>>
File: v9_l57_02.jpg (105KB, 700x1100px) Image search: [Google]
v9_l57_02.jpg
105KB, 700x1100px
>>1234373
or it can download to these screens content from tumblr blogs. Like on this site http://thisisjoker.com/
>>
>>1232642
Hi Josh
>>
Bum
>>
File: Cover.jpg (1010KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
1010KB, 1600x1600px
I do not op. but I'm curious what are the options for using as a synthesizer of sound? Or you can use it with vst (lol)?. can be attached to it cokos reaper. where i can read about pi and sound making?
>>
Bmp
>>
>>1232299
Carefully package it back up, call where you got it from, and arrange to return it for a refund, eating whatever restocking fee they charge you. Then go buy something you actually HAVE a use for already and/or something you actually understand.
>falling for the RPi meme
>SHINY! SHINY THING!
>>
burp
>>
>>lol
>>
>>1232299
Install an OS and a browser, use it to go on /g/ and ask them instead.
>>
>>1232299
If you stick it up your ass, make sure to use a padded condom - otherwise it'll hurt like hell on the way out.
>>
>>1232299
stream audio to your bookshelf speakers perfectly over wifi with volumio
>>
>>1232299
cum on it
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>1234639

> he shits out raspberry pi's.

nigga you supposed to keep them up your ass. i've got like 5 in mine already. an ass cluster. i'm working on my 6th right now. it gets hard to keep connecting more cat-5 though.
>>
>>1232299
>>>/g
>>>/g/
>>
Throw it in the garbage
Use it to automate something in your house that you probably don't need to automate where the amount of work put into buying the raspi and making the contraption loses you more time than whatever paltry convenience you gain back
Make an emulator box that sucks compared to literally anything else
Make a gay robot that does nothing
Post pictures of it on social media and let it collect dust a week later
>>
Nextcloud, rocketchat/mumble, mail server, web hosting, us it as a VM, tor, run scripts.... Pretty much learn something new not just have others do it for you
>>
>>1232299
Retropie + Kodi on Ports
>>
I use one as a cheap, silent and low-powered server for taking backups of all my work from my laptop to a external hard drive. It also serves as my ssh jump box when I need to connect to my local network for whatever reason (remote desktop for shitty Windows programs etc.). My pet projects also run off of it they've been running for a few years and it's still going strong.

I've been planning on putting together a fire-and-forget setup which I can leave in range of an open WiFi with a servo controlled webcam that's driven by an automated OpenCV program. The idea of creating a live-stream of the local "wildlife" is intriguing but I'm not sure how legal that is over here. I don't want to get in trouble over my curiosity of what hobos and drunkards are doing.

The main benefit of these over a real server is the fact that it cost about 30€ plus a replacement MicroSD card every year or two and the fact that I can fit it in my pocket. If you really want to have something which isn't just a small and shitty computer, look into an Adruino or the equivalent boards. They're cheaper, smaller and are more fun to work with, at least in my opinion.
>>
>>1236119
>taking backups of all my work from my laptop to a external hard drive.

I want to do this. Can you tell us any details.
>>
>>1236121

you can do it with Nextcloud, if you want to run your own Dropbox with 1000 times more work and frustration setting it all up.

>>1236108
>Retropie + Kodi on Ports

all the words make sense except ''Ports'' -- what's it mean in this context?
>>
>>1232299
Leave it on a shelf to gather dust
>>
>>1236357

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/KODI

>After installation, you will be able to go to the Ports section and view Kodi as an option.

This is a way to have both Retropie and Kodi on the same SD card.
>>
>>1236357
Rsync, samba and cron is what I use
>>
Make a standalone environmental sensor and retrofit it into your backpack. Make a shitty python internet enabled app and stream it to a shitty android/webapp. Look at the data and realise you actually don't give a shit about Relative Humidity or the amount of UV you get. Kill yourself at 34 because you're childless and have no real desire to continue living.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.