[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best screwdriver set on the market? >pic unrelated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12

What is the best screwdriver set on the market?

>pic unrelated
>>
>>1232007
SnapOn
Even our man AVE uses them
>>
Snap On are great, one of their products that actually are.

My favorite are PB Swiss. I have sets of both brands and the PB are the ones I use most.
>>
>>1232266
pb Swiss are good but the rice is ridonculous.

Wera or Wiha are just as good for a lower price point.
>>
>>1232282

+1 for wera. Dont know if best but they are really good tools.
>>
>>1232007
Honestly, screwdrivers are hard to mess up. Any name brand tool company should be good (DeWalt, HDX, etc), just not harbor freight
>>
>>1232007
what work do you need them for?
if you want good quality and longer last as shit tier meme brands then go with brand names also good if thea have long time warranty and you can get easy replacment - depnts in what part of the world do you live(like for me geting anything SnapOn)
>>
File: images (9).jpg (27KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
27KB, 443x332px
>>1232007
I bought different vessel drivers and i can say there better than crapsman and if you are working on japanese stuff there better than snap on because there JIS, they also work perfectly on philips head.
>>
>>1232007
Pittsburgh Pro or bust.
>>
File: th (32).jpg (6KB, 273x228px) Image search: [Google]
th (32).jpg
6KB, 273x228px
>>1232007
Currently in the path of Harvey.
>>
Depends what you use them for. I like cheap acetate ones, I dont need precision and I dont work around grease or oil all that often. I just like shit that doesnt break.
>>
If it's just basic drivers then it pretty much just come to personal preference (which grip you prefer). If you have special requirements then that will exclude some options (chemical resistance, electrical ratings, hex bolster, striking cap, replaceable bit, etc.).

If you're after a ratcheting driver however then the best choice is Wera especially if you want one with in built bit storage. They have a few options with different features.
>>
>>1232007
I dig my S-K set. Typically use craftsman everything for general fuckery tho.
>>
>>1232440
KEK. Right?

Buys cheap set cause ooooh 4 bucks!

Have a screw, screwdriver strips instead.

Next time make sure and get it in there, twist handle into 2 pieces and the shaft goes into my hand.

Reee a shitfit of 19,000 autists. Throw them ina trash.

4 bucks well spent...
>>
File: Imageresizer.ashx.jpg (367KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Imageresizer.ashx.jpg
367KB, 3000x3000px
>>1232007
>>
>>1232007
In my opinion it is a pointless exercise to buy the best screwdrivers unless your budget is unlimited.

I would rather have multiples of average quality screwdrivers than a single very high quality set. This is because screwdrivers are so handy it often makes sense to keep them in multiple places (ie car, work desk, kitchen draw etc). It also often makes sense to abuse a screwdriver to get a job done through using it as a prybar or chisel for example. Lastly, they are a relatively easy tool to lose because they see use in so many different places. If you buy decent quality screwdrivers you are just as likely to lose them as you are to break them.

Screwdrivers are one of the only tools where I think it is false economy to buy the best.
>>
>>1234319
>(((Stanley)))
>>
>>1232951
I'd rather my screwdriver strip than the screw desu
>>
>>1234536
When you screwdriver cams out, it damages the screw too
>>
File: macccc.jpg (426KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
macccc.jpg
426KB, 1600x1200px
I love my Mac ones
>>
>>1232007

https://www.wihatools.com/
>>
>>1234348
You don't get it dude, we need to buy the best because (((they))) said so. We need to give them as many shekels as we possibly can.
>>
I love my Wera
>>
File: images (99).jpg (8KB, 237x212px) Image search: [Google]
images (99).jpg
8KB, 237x212px
Are wood handle screwdrivers good or just a meme?
>>
>>1234864
its up to you preferences they work the same as the plastic, nilon,ruber ones
>>
File: b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg (334KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg
334KB, 1600x1600px
as far as insulated ones
even has PZ/S in it
>>
File: weramemehandels.jpg (469KB, 735x980px) Image search: [Google]
weramemehandels.jpg
469KB, 735x980px
>>1232007
Also Wera is a good way to go
they make screwdrivers for evry wallet
from cheaper nilon ones to the multi plastic/rubber handles even make the wooden ones
they make ton of diferent sets for diferent aplications and the organisation system with the ruber pictogram of the tools on the tool pouch with labaling and shit is a OCD dream
Wiha is a good choice too but more expensive
>>
File: spin_prod_727114901.jpg (108KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
spin_prod_727114901.jpg
108KB, 1800x1800px
>>1232007
I've been pretty happy with the made in the USA Craftsman screwdrivers sears has.
>>
>>1234864
They feel better in the hand in really hot or cold weather than a plastic handle, and I feel like they're easier to hold on to when you hands are super oily, but they certainly don't last as long if you abuse your shit like I do.
>>
>>1234963
Garbage. Wiha or Cementex are the best 1kV drivers.
>>
File: IMG_3348.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3348.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1234968
These are good, I still have some my grandfather handed down to me when I was like 14. Those handles are immortal.
>>
>>1234985
they really shine when using them out of the shop.
everything you will need in a small pocket, perfect for mobile application. No need to walk twice and get the right tool
>>
>>1234319
These are actually surprisingly good for the price..
>>
>>1232007
Maybe I didn't notice it but nobody mentioned:
WTF would you buy a screwdriver SET now when you get a 6-in-1 driver of any brand that is better than hauling around a bunch of stuff?

Or any slow hand tool when you can have an 18v 1/4 inch impact driver with all the bits you ever want?
>>
>>1235150
If you don't know what people use screwdrivers for then unless you can ask politely maybe keep your curry hole shut and don't embarrass yourself.
>>
>>1234988
I have a mix of new ones, ones my father purchased, and ones my grandfather owned and all are in pretty good shape. I hate the rubberized style handle since they always seem to wear down.
>>
>>1235153
Please...

A 6-in-1 is better than any 6 set.

You might need minis too.

But I wouldn't go to any work without my 1/4" driver in arm's reach. You just need to get good at it without hitting anything too hard.
>>
>>1235174
Can't use your 12v driver to pry with...
>>
>>1235219
>prying with a screwdriver
Not even the guy you're arguing with, but fuck you. I bet you'd use a chisel to pry with too.
Need to drive a screw? Screwdriver. Need to pry something? Pry bar.

I inherited a set of Snap-ons from my father, and they've got more miles on them than I do. It'd probably come to blows if I ever found some hick using them to pry shit with.
>>
>>1235150
>>1235174
Found the guy who's never done any serious screwing in his life.

>stubby for tight spaces
>longy for far screws
>try fitting your stupid multidriver into a tight hole
>uh oh, lost my bit carrier, there go all my drivers
>cheap bits strip out like a motherfucker
>universally shitty ergonomics

Also, >>1235247
>hurr durr lookit me with pappy's SNAP-ON™© brand SNAP ON™© screwdrivers that he paid ninety gorillion dollars over 60 years that if anyone so much as looks as if they might possibly consider using them I'll sperg out and cut their hands off like Hammurabi
It's a screwdriver, get over yourself. They get used, they get abused. Why the fuck do you think so many big flathead screwdrivers have a 3/8ths inch shaft, full tang, and striking plates on the butt? Because flatheads almost exclusively get used for prying and chiseling, with the exception of fine woodworking and gunsmithing. Which you don't see Fap-Offs being used in those circumstances except by tryhard brandbabbys.
>>
>>1234968
>>1234988
My Nubian compatriots
>>
>>1234968
>>1234988
Smells like literal vomit
>>
>>1235311
Hahahaha snap on fags are the worst.
>>
>>1232007
Wow, not one vote for (((Klein)))? Best screwdrivers I ever owned. I primarily use the 11-in-1, but I have a mostly full set. For really tight spaces, I have an offset ratchet that I can insert whatever bit I need, but mostly I deal with sheet metal screws.
>>
>>1237051

Klein made great screw drivers, and few people use screw drivers as intended as much as electricians and they pretty much all swore by them.

Then klein started making bullshit screw drivers, and the only electricians using them bought their set 20 years ago.

Seriously hold a new Klein up to an old Klein and suddenly it makes sense.

Klein is really starting to fuck up their whole product line, I won't buy anything Klein anymore unless I can physically touch one sold recently before I order it.
>>
File: Landing Page Megapro.jpg (875KB, 1000x555px) Image search: [Google]
Landing Page Megapro.jpg
875KB, 1000x555px
>>
>>1235311
>Why the fuck do you think so many big flathead screwdrivers have a 3/8ths inch shaft, full tang, and striking plates on the butt?

Because people like you exist
Harbor freight and the walmart tool section is thriving.

The same person who doesnt respect quality tools is the same idiot who misuses them. How surprising.

Is it really that hard to use a small prybar, or do prybars cost too much for you?
>>
>>1232941
shine on, you crazy /diy/mond
>>
Wera, Wiha, PB Swiss, Felo, Snap On, and Klein are the names I always see thrown around as best. At that level, it comes down to your choice of handle. But get Vessel for JIS. Wiha or Wera for precision screwdrivers. Personally, I went Wera, because I don't deal with gooey stuff much, so I'm not worried about the handles breaking down, I liked them aesthetically, and I can get everything I'd ever need, short a couple odd security drives and JIS(again, get Vessel) in matching styles. Even stainless steel drivers to keep stainless shiny.

Wera also has Christmas Advent calendars.
>>
>>1237524
saw them christmas calendars but to much money for that kek
alsso like i mentioned
>>1234967
wera makes ton of diferent handels
>>
>>1237213
The quality of a tool is 90% dependent on the user. There's literally no reason to buy expensive things.
>>
>>1237213
>Is it really that hard to use a small prybar, or do prybars cost too much for you?

>screwdriver is explicitly built to also be used as prying tool
>b-b-but muh label

If it's LITERALLY MADE to do what I'm using it for, it's not misuse.
>>
File: 1502931329569.jpg (13KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1502931329569.jpg
13KB, 320x320px
>>1239314
>The quality of a tool is 90% dependent on the user.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the cheap raw material and 9 your old chink in the factory making it right?

>>1239315
>If it's LITERALLY MADE to do what I'm using it for, it's not misuse.

Nah, just a poorly designed tool built off of the backs of people who misused one of the most basic and easy to use tools for years.

Its like trying to justify using as seen on TV tools.
>>
>>1235311
Wera bit drivers are good, decent ratchet and internal bit storage with the same ergos as the fixed shaft models.

Of course it's not perfect because of the clearance issues you've mentioned (they do models with removable skinny shafts so you can go stubby or long, but then you can't store it in the driver) but they're adequate in a lot of cases.
>>
>>1237213

You think Im carrying around a fucking pry-bar when a screw driver that ways nothing does the same fucking thing 99% of the time?

What, do you guys bring your entire god damn tool shed to every job?
>>
>>1241836
Sounds like you dont carry the large heavy screwdrivers with strike caps on them either then.
Im guessing you love leatherman too?

I probably wouldnt be worried about doing that sort of "prying" if I were a janitor who just changes lightbulbs
>>
>>1241843
>>1239331
>trying this hard to justify your $2500 screwdriver
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.