[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fruit fly problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

does anybody have any idea to get rid of these little fuckers ? there all over my house and ive cleaned every thing up that they were here for and all the traps from google dont seem to work
>>
>>1221712
Get yourself some spiders. Mother Gaia knows best after all.
>>
Flypaper, saucers of sweet vinegar, not that brewed condiment crap
>>
Fruit flies generally can be found breeding in drains and garbage disposals.

Try taking the pipe off out from under your kitchen sink and cleaning them and cleaning your garbage disposal if you have one. You could also look for a product that will remove grease and other build up from the drains. Invade Hotspot foam is a good one but it is not a super fast acting product.

Pouring bleach down the drains will not work because the eggs that are laid in the build up are equipped with a retractable breathing tube and the will just pull it in until the bleach runs past. You could use an aerosol insecticide like raid and spray it down the drain as well for a fast knock down but until you clean out the source they're just gonna come back.

>Source
Been doing commercial and residential pest control for 5+ years.
>>
>>1221712
I poured an entire gallon of bleach down my drain when I had a fruit fly problem. Ran hot water for 2 minutes and never saw them again.
>>
>>1221750
>Fruit flies generally can be found breeding in drains and garbage disposals.

Also if you have rotting fruit on your countertop or on the floor they go there too.
>>
Having a cat solved my problem with these fuckers. Seems to have hunted them to extinction.
>>
>>1221750
What he said

Also, I didn't know bleaching the disposal didn't work. It's worked for me before though
>>
Put water, apple cider vinegar and 5 drops of dish soap in a somewhat shallow container. Leave it whre the flies are and they'll fly straight into the water-vinegar-soap mixture. It takes a while to get rid of all of them.
>>
Get a cup with a plastic lid that you can poke holes into. Put some raspberries in there. Usually raspberries get moldy quick and that will attract the fruit flies. Fruit flies will get stuck in the raspberries and eventually die. That's what we did all the time at my old grocery job.
>>
>>1221712
Prolly gonna get cancer hooefully and die but i spray bug spray all over shot and they fuckoff.

Yesterday the misquit9es got me triggered so i grabbed a can of wasp and hornet spray. Soaked the walls around where i was working outside. Sprayed shit i wouldnt be moving around much so i dont somehow run that ahit in my eyes, and soaked the ends of my steal towed boots.

Wasp spray 1 : fuckoff huge jumanji misquitoes 0
>>
>>1221750
Kek. Not a bad idea. I used to out a big gate valve under my garbage disposal so i could shut it and kick the disposal on with bleach to kill smell or clean or dumo liquid fire in that bitch for a few seconda and then dump it
>>
Get some jumping spiders
QTs, don't build webs, catch many flies
>>
what i did when my shit ass roommate attracted a ton of fruit flies was made a trap/lure by leaving a bit of beer in a bottle (like half a shot) and keeping it moist for the next weeks so fruit flies would go to it and get trapped and die

also bugs cant deal with smoke well, lighting incense would generally keep them away.

it took a while but it worked

obviously, also clean your house better

>>1221752
this except I think I just used normal soap
>>
>>1221712
Check your drains, check your potted plants and make sure you're not using outdoor soil, and make traps like those listed in this thread.
>>
>>1221712
they are likely coming out of the drains. Sulfuric Acid.
>>
The look on my girls face when I came upstairs with a makeshift butane flamethrower.
Next summer she asked me to get it back out.

I call it "the ole warf and wipe". Toast the wings then run them down like the dogs they are with an old sponge.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.