[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Why don't we use mall-style bars on home windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 25

File: 1 (1).jpg (68KB, 852x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1 (1).jpg
68KB, 852x480px
Between endless slasher films to millions of rednecks buying ARs to prevent blacks from stealing their refrigerators, it's pretty obvious that America is obsessed with the idea of keeping our homes safe from intruders. Why then do we put so much emphasis on installing and using locks on doors, yet give no fucks about the fact that we have windows made of 1mm thick glass two feet over?

I understand that bars on windows is seen as a sign of poverty, and would definitely not be approved by any HOA, but why don't we use either sliding-style metal bars or mall-style metal curtains that can be disengaged during the day?

These could be deployed at night or during extended periods of home absence, completely eliminating any concerns of break-in, need for home security systems and need to buy a gun for self-protection. And, as I mentioned earlier, they could be disengaged during the day, making them less of an eyesore. Home break-ins would be nearly impossible, unless someone picked your main door lock, which is rapidly becoming impossible with the introduction of systems like the Bowley lock.

Am I missing something here?
>>
>>1221096
Aesthetics, also they are heavy to operate, they are like mini garage doors and is a bitch to setup if you want them powered, also will be expensive for so many different windows around the house. Many reasons why it isn't a thing.
>>
>>1221096
They take up a shitload of room.
>>
Okay, but what about something similar to pocket doors? Manually operated steel grates that slide over a window? Obviously this would involve additional labor, but not mechanically complex or likely that hard to build into a new home.
>>
>>1221106
Many windows, many grates, no one wants to walk around the house manually closing the "jail bars" one by one.

That is if it is a simple swinging design. Pocket doors are built into the wall and will probably be structurally compromising for the house itself if you want to keep the same amount of openings.
>>
>>1221108
You are right, pocket doors would cause the walls to be significantly less thick.

A swinging system would be more intrusive and definitely more of an internal eyesore but probably the simplest system.

Tbh though people already go around making sure their doors are locked at night. Maybe you wouldn't need to batten down the hatches every single night but doing so before a big trip wouldn't be that much of a pain. I only have three sets of windows on my ground floor, two of which are already parts of doors. Upper storey would be less critical as Intruders would likely just pick an easier house to enter.
>>
>>1221106
The 'ol "why break through a bulletproof door when the wall is made out of cardboard and chicken wire?"
Also, closing the bars on your windows is basically the same as telling people you're not inside.
The best security is a good relationship with your neighbors, and ideally a good relationship with a neighbor with a gun.
>>
>>1221096
>why don't we use either sliding-style metal bars or mall-style metal curtains that can be disengaged during the day?
Money, hassle, appearance, insufficient benefit vs fixed bars or security glass for their various drawbacks for places that actually want security.

>completely eliminating any concerns of break-in, need for home security systems
>Home break-ins would be nearly impossible
Your proposed bars are not adamantium barriers capable of foiling even a modestly determined criminal, and even if they were, making the windows unbreakable doesn't make the rest of the house a fortress. Actually secure facilities are designed and built with security in mind, and are equipped with things like doors that can't be kicked open and walls that can't be smashed with hand tools.

>and need to buy a gun for self-protection
>they could be disengaged during the day
Most break ins occur during the day while the gainfully-employed occupants are out. And if the occupants are ever home while the bars are open, the self defense situation is the same as without the bars. Home security systems represent a limit to the time frame criminals have to work. Bars can be defeated in minutes, so the lack of a security system to make those minutes matter is actually a problem.

Think about how this would work in practice. OP. Multiple times per day, a person is supposed to open/close and lock a sliding bar system on each and every window in their house. Including ones not designed for easy outside access like ones over plants or on the second story.

Locks on doors take a few seconds of hassle while forcing would-be criminals to actually break in, which is a non-trivial legal, practical, and psychological difference.
>>
>>1221111
Of course, putting shutters on your windows and doors and shit is going to be plenty to stop the average smash 'n grab burglar, but between slasher films and other assorted varieties of home invasion, shit's worthless.

Best you can do is make a threat matrix that realistically places the likelihood of varying levels of dangers to your home, and prepare for what is reasonable that you can afford.

If you're allergic to gunpowder, I guess you just don't make enemies.
>>
>>1221096
I think pic related is generally considered the residential equivalent of what you're looking at. Not exactly the same thing but makes more sense on a house while considerably improving security. Definitely says "shitty neighborhood" though.

Metal security screen doors
>>
>>1221096
go to any ghetto neighborhood and burglar bars are everywhere. most people like to put as many miles as possible between themselves and the ghetto. usually somewhere nice with a vigilant police force. add highly punitive courts, and you're golden.
>>
>>1221112
>Think about how this would work in practice. OP. Multiple times per day, a person is supposed to open/close and lock a sliding bar system on each and every window in their house. Including ones not designed for easy outside access like ones over plants or on the second story.

I don't open my windows. Electricity is cheap and my HVAC works fine.
>>
>>1221096
>Between endless slasher films
The 80's were 30 years ago.

>millions of rednecks buying ARs to prevent blacks from stealing their refrigerators
I think you mean patriots protecting themselves from sub-humans and/or statists.

>that America is obsessed with the idea of keeping our homes safe from intruders.
Yes.

>yet give no fucks about the fact that we have windows made of 1mm thick glass two feet over?
Google 3m security film

>but why don't we use either sliding-style metal bars or mall-style metal curtains that can be disengaged during the day?
Because 3m security film exists.

>completely eliminating any concerns of break-in
False.

>need for home security systems and need to buy a gun for self-protection.
False.

>Am I missing something here?
yes.
>>
>>1221096
Here is the sensible solution to niggers/raids:

Vestibules for the front and back (and possibly garage) entrances.
A garage that has the release shielded to prevent coat hanger entry.
No sliding glass doors.
No 1st floor bay windows.
No windows within 3 arms lengths of doors.
Digital peepholes that take pictures when the door bell rings or the door is knocked.
3m security film on both sides of all windows.
Door braces for both inner and outer doors on vestibules.
Two deadbolts on outer vestibule doors.
Passive deadbolts on room doors.
Proper non-composite non-meme safe bolted to a foundation. (Consider it as a durable appliance, and the cost is reasonable enough)
Concrete construction.
Steel door frames.
Security garage door.
Steel gate/s behind the garage door/s.
Hallway walls lined with whipple shields.
Audible alarm to get niggers to fuck off after breaking through outer vestibule doors.
Audible alarm to give you warning when a warrantless raid breaks through outer vestibule doors.
Airtight vestibules that automatically release tear gas when broken into.
Rooms that vestibules lead into have numerous strobe lights and large speakers.
Mannequins that are clearly visible when slicing the pie and filled with shock sensitive explosive and pressurized nerve agent.
Rooms that vestibules lead into lack flammable materials.
Backup generator inside the house or well hidden outside.
Several thousand gallons of water storage inside.
Hidden attic hideyhole.
No trees or shrubbery within 30 yards of house.
Gravel/riverstone border within 5-15 feet of house. (it's noisy, and prevents soil erosion)
Motion sensor lights around the entirety of the house.
Constantly recording hidden camera/s aimed at the street.
A physical wall (not a fence) around your property.
Blatantly obvious faux security cameras
Raspberry pibox that randomly turns lights/appliances on in unoccupied rooms during periods of time (ex: night, or when you are away)
Not a corner house.
>>
>>1221096

Wealthy people do. They're motorized so they don't have to walk around closing the security shutters.
>>
>>1221438
>Mannequins that are clearly visible when slicing the pie and filled with shock sensitive explosive and pressurized nerve agent.
a poisoned bomb with a hair trigger, but to keep yourself safe?
>>
>>1221443
If someone is entering your house and slicing the pie, they probably deserve a painful death.
>>
>>1221445
you'd knock them over on accident and kill yourself. they'd call it suicide
>>
>>1221447
Shock sensitive doesn't mean nitroglycerin-tier you know.
>>
>>1221096
>Someone's never seen Chopping Mall
Those bars don't mean shit.
>>
>>1221096
because an application of security film or even replacing the glass with thick lexan is more than sufficient. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96x2tO9Xuxw
>>
>>1221438
Oh, and don't forget to make sure that all of your keys are not visible from ANY outside angle or mirrors.
>>
>>1221096
>Tfw Tyrone bow enters through the paper wall.
>>
>>1221114
>Definitely says "shitty neighborhood" though
Nah. Well designed and maintained wrought iron like that pic can look pretty classy. it's just the cheap, plain bars that look shitty
>>
Fire hazard. Would you rather be in a death trap or put some security film over your windows? Doubt most code would allow them anyway for the same reasons.
>>
>>1221515
or live in a non-flammable house with a simple fire suppression system and fire extinguishers in each room.
>>
>>1221509
That looks like shit tbqh. Also the added security from that specific one is residual,
>>
File: RollDownShutters.jpg (73KB, 586x559px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
RollDownShutters.jpg
73KB, 586x559px
>>1221096
Look up Roll Down Security Shutters
Every color you can imagine
Interior or exterior, or both
Windows, Skylights, Doors, Garage doors too
Hand pull down, electric, hydraulic self locking or padlock it yourself, even have timers to close and open on a schedule
Can even put them on interior doors or hallways, to create a safe room, or trap an intruder

Tyrone, or where i reside Jose, are opportunists, they look for the easy entry, anything complicated and they move on, a beware of dog sign is enough to deter most, just put a dog house and a water bowl in the backyard, fake camera bubble, alarm box and you can even buy ADT signs for the front yard
Your job is to make your home look uninviting so they move on to your neighbor
Got my shutters on the inside, no advertising that i have something worth protecting
>>
>>1221509

Did you uh...did you post the wrong picture? Because that's not wrought iron, that's cheap, plain-old 1/2" square tube.

And, as you can see, it looks like trash.

I think you meant more like pic related, which is much better, but I wouldn't necessarily call it "classy".
>>
So what I understand from this thread is that americans never heard of >>1221641 these? What the fuck.
>>
>>1221717
Not only have we heard of them, but there's a company that makes bullet proof ones.
>>
Something like this would look nicer.

Functional but still has a stylish quality to avoid the 'I hope blacks don't rob me' vibe for the neighborhood
>>
>>1221717
>retrofitting for security
>not designing for security
WEW, say hi to abdul for me.

No but to put it a little more seriously, there are two types of non-whites in America. Convenience motivated ones, and smash and grab ones.
You need to consider defense against both.
>>
>>1221614
>>1221648
Pretty sure he was saying the picture he posted looks bad, and the one he responded to looks good.
>>
>>1221096
>Why don't we use mall-style bars on home windows
cus THEY LOOK LIKE SHIT dude wtf would you want that ugly shit on you're house

tons of homes in the hood have bars on windows but theyre usually wrought iron or cast iron/steel, and are often formed in a decorative way like twisting the rods or having sharpened fleurs de lys at the top instead of just normal spikes or w/e
>>
Putting bars on our homes denies us our Constitutional right to shoot criminal scum when they trespass on our property.

Remember, when you shoot the perpetrator, unload at least 5-6 bullets into them so that you can claim that you were fearful of your life, rather than calm and in control from the 100 hours of self defense courses you've taken.
>>
>>1221997
>tfw living in Stralya and having no guns
>tfw the government took the guns when I was too young to have bought one to """lose""" before they came for it.
>tfw now the law is so cucked that if a burglar hurts themselves while in my house they can sue me
Never let them take your guns burgers. You don't know how good you've got it
>>
Expensive and potentially dangerous.

>Old black lady lives in the hood with a bunch of niggers
>Keeps getting robbed so she gets security bars put over all her windows
>House catches fire and she is trapped because the window no longer functions as egress window.

How to not get robbed:

Location: don't live in the hood and be the only person on the street with a 9-5

Lighting: Keep that shit well lit and visible. Jamal isn't going to kick in your back door when your door is visible to 4 other houses.

Neighbors: Let the nosy granny across the street know you want her to call the cops when Jose is looking in your windows.
>>
>>1221957
Yeah I think you are right, I misread his post.
>>
>>1221997
Actually anon, that is our natural right and common law right. (And arguably inherent to the right to bear arms)
Note: the right exists independent of the constitution, the second amendment merely says "no really, fuck off you statist faggot".

And if you're basing it off the natural right to life, then declaration of independence is not part of the constitution.

Also you shoot until you can't shoot anymore. If you live in a leftist state, then you deliberately miss a shot to make it looks like a struggle occurred. It would be nice if you didn't have to do so, but soviet subversion is one hell of a drug.
>>
Why not put metal shutters on the house that lock from the inside? Far more aesthetic.
>>
>>1221717
those who never lived in a city wouldn't think twice of these
>>
File: shutters.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
shutters.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>1223629
One of my biggest pet peeves is seeing houses with fake shutters. Real shutters are fucking amazing. Especially, if you can shut them from inside. Got a big ass storm coming? Close the shutters. Going on vacation? Close the shutters. Fucking your neighbor's wife? Close the shutters. Chimp-out imminent? Close the shutters.
>>
>>1223629
That's what I was going to ask, are these a European thing?
>>1223697
>Especially, if you can shut them from inside
I've never seen a fake one or one that could close (or open) from outside when closed properly (picture shows half-open that is obviously not secured, but useful during the warmest weeks of summer.)
Sure, if your house have many windows it takes some time to close all of them, but they're pretty good. Compulsory for home insurance here (or these >>1221641 or metal bars). Even wooden ones are quite hard to get through (at least, all the neighbourhood will hear the axe or saw tool.)
Maybe it makes more sense when attached to a stone and mortar wall.
>>
It gives niggers the impression that there's no one home to greet them with their AR's.
>>
File: luckystar.png (747KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
luckystar.png
747KB, 1600x1200px
>>1223697
is right kidda!
>>
Where the fuck do you all live? I have literally never locked my door and had zero problems.

Also, why the fuck would you want to put big ads bars securely fastened to your wall? Surely you can replace your TV for less than the cost of repairs when they hook a chain to your cage and tear the wall out?
>>
>>1221096
It would be cheaper and just as effective to get security film on your windows.

https://youtu.be/Maph1a2qFf4
>>
>>1223927
The idea is to force them to make noise so you can kill them.
Stop being a degenerate that enables degenerates.
>>
>>1221096
Slasher films are a tiny part of cinema, rednecks buy guns primarily for use against animals (yes, I know you'll say blacks are, but I'm talking about the ones with fur), we put very little emphasis on door locks and usually just use cheap junk locks, and the primary method of securing a home in America is living in a low crime neighborhood.

Bars are a waste of money and an inconvenience unless you're at unusually high risk, in which case you're better off moving unless you're a high profile target like a business where criminals will travel to you.
>>
>>1222040
>natural right
no such thing
>>
>>1223927
>Where the fuck do you all live?
They all live in the fantasy land of perpetual warfare in the streets.
>>
>>1223937
It would have been way faster if he tried using the crowbar to cut the window instead of playing around to show how "effective" the system is.
See the first crowbar hit, it opens the window on 4 or 5 inches. Just repeat like with a can opener.
>>
>>1221096
I don’t even lock my doors
>>
https://youtu.be/rv7qF_Pf4JY?t=33s

squirrel tactics
>>
>>1222040
>you deliberately miss a shot to make it looks like a struggle occurred
double tap chest then shoot the wall 3 times
>>
>>1223927
My insurance cover my new wall easily, that's no issue, but when they rob your TV for the third time while not bothering with me since I have bars on my window, you might change your mind.

You just need to be more secure than your neighbour to prevent 100% of break ins.
>>
how do you get out in a fire if you have window bars
>>
>>1224918
Doors, smoke detectors, and fire extinguishers...
If your house burns down from the inside, you're sub-human.
>>
Most german houses have shuters over there windows which they operate from the inside with a switch which looks like a light switch, would recomend
>>
How does one secure their garage?
>>
>>1225986
My Dad usually puts a bolt with a nut in the track of the door so the local Nogs will have to break the whole door.
Some nigs get bold and may use a crowbar + floor jack though
>>
>>1223927
>I have literally never locked my door and had zero problems
This.
I keep the keys to my cars in the ignition all the time. The annoyance is when I am in town I always try to open the door and then remember to unlock it.
>>
>>1226473
>This.
>I keep the keys to my cars in the ignition all the time.

this x 100. I leave my motor running when I go into a store because that saves wear and tear on the starter motor. Nobody has ever stolen it. What sort of hell holes do you guys live in?
>>
>>1226475
>I leave my motor running when I go into a store
How fucken naive and stupid are you? Or are you just trollin?
>>
>>1226679
>How fucken naive and stupid are you? Or are you just trollin?

I live in a civilized part of the usa where men are men and women are women and nobody steals shit because we are uh civilized.

Do you steal shit from your neighbor if he's not looking? How bad is that.
>>
>>1226475
>What sort of hell holes do you guys live in?
>>
>>1226679
>>1226708

Honestly. Where I live, if you leave your car running, someone will come into the store and say loudly "THERE'S A FORD BUENO RUNNING OUTSIDE.".

Who does anything else?
>>
>>1226709
>Who does anything else?
See: >>1226708
>>
>>1221447

Tannerite not dynamite.
>>
>>1226709
We have brownies just walking around trying to open unlocked car doors to steal anything inside. Even if it's in your driveway you might be visited by the good boys.
>>
>>1223927

I'd rather have less money and a dead criminal than a bit less money and a live criminal. This is assuming a state with actual freedom.
>>
>>1221096

>upon first conviction, mandatory minimum sentence requires removal of left hand (if right handed)
>second conviction removes the other hand

That was easy.
>>
>>1227038
Easy there Mohammed
>>
>>1227044

You're welcome.
>>
>>1227038
false convictions must be a bitch, huh Abdul?
>>
File: BurglarBars_516722.jpg (68KB, 600x450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BurglarBars_516722.jpg
68KB, 600x450px
>>1221096

in south africa, burglar bars are a thing
>>
>>1227109
Here in brazil too. And most houses have external brick walls surrounding the whole plot. Just like a tiny castle.
>>
>>1227130
>external brick walls surrounding the whole plot. Just like a tiny castle.
How effective are those?

The idea is appealing to me for when I construct my own home.
>>
>>1227138
It's more of a cultural thing really but they are better than a fully open american home because people will have to jump the wall or break the external gate/door to enter. Usually most of them have barbed wire, electrical fences or little broken bits of glass embbeded in the cement on top. Pic is the average low-medium income house here. I find them horrid.
>>
File: 019717.jpg (163KB, 511x604px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
019717.jpg
163KB, 511x604px
>>1221096
>Why don't we use mall-style bars on home windows
normaly people use - pic releted or just bars (on the ground level), or just security doors and windows...
there is ton of difirent posiblities so a mall-style bars are the last of them
also most people dont think on somthink like that when you have 2m fence around the house or a security door in your flat
https://youtu.be/duMgdknzAqw?t=4m14s for the kek SWAT vs proper security door
>>
File: 1502589366913.jpg (22KB, 200x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1502589366913.jpg
22KB, 200x200px
Live in South Africa in a "housing complex"
60 houses surrounded by a 8foot high wall with electric fences and spikes.
There is a 24/7 security guard patrolling the grounds.
Each house has its own wall around it. Every window and door has bars on it.
>MFW a nig puts his hand through the window at 02:00 in the morning trying to steal my shit.
This has happened twice.
>>
File: window4-600x300[1].jpg (60KB, 600x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
window4-600x300[1].jpg
60KB, 600x300px
why not do something like pic related but use steel instead of shitty plastic?
also, why not invest in tougher glass that wont shatter when you look at it?
>>
>>1227139
>I find them horrid.
If it was a 0.2 acre plot, I would as well.

I'm talking about a 300+ acre plot.
>>
>>1227146
So that story about the ruskies in a cab in Johannesburg is accurate?
>>
>>1227147
Becuase the weak point is the wood and a shoulder/kick to it will dehinge it or crack open the half inch of wood.
>>
>>1227088
...on the other hand...
>>
>>1227155
well I don't know how expensive a brick layer is in america but It's probably safer and can be nice on large plots. Chain link can be cut and those cast iron/steel fences can be very expensive. If you put some lights (like those small circular ground lamps) it can look better and be safer.
>>
>>1227157
Not familiar with the story? You mean the woman being gang raped in front of their ten year old child on public transport.
Yup. That shit is real. Niggers do that kind of thing here.
You can't even go to the police because if you are white, you are just a racist.
>>
>>1227192
This one.

So it's worse than we thought...
>>
>>1222017
sounds like the best solution, don't live around niggers or if you're in a rural area don't live around drug retards that will break in for meth money
>>
>>1227200
>the best solution
See: >>1221438
>>
>>1226475
Where the fuck do you live? Where I am, we just roll up to the store slowly, hop out, let the next person use the car for errands. It saves wear and tear on the brakes and transmission.
>>
>>1227160
reinforce that as well.
>>
This is pretty weird for me, because here in Brazil every house has bars on its windows and doors. Even high up on the 30th floor of a building, there are bars on the windows, because some guys actually managed to scale buildings just to steal stuff.
>>
File: comerciante.jpg (396KB, 840x630px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
comerciante.jpg
396KB, 840x630px
>>1227284
Just to illustrate. This is a small, family-run store.
>>
File: img_1354_editada.jpg (80KB, 620x465px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img_1354_editada.jpg
80KB, 620x465px
>>1227291
You can't actually go inside to shop. You ask the owner if he has the stuff in your shopping list, and he gives it to you through that small opening.
It doesn't deter everyone though. Some guys just ram a car through the grates.
>>
>>1227291
>>1227294
What a shithole to live
>>
>>1227294
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0twYRVc4ek
(turn your volume down)
A guy trying to scale a building to rob apartments, and falling.
>>
>>1227294
>>1227291
I'm brazilian and I've never seen this shit.
>>
>>1227308
Norte e Nordeste
>>
>>1227294
There are stuff outside.
That's just the door they close at night, after bringing said stuff inside. Idk why they pictured it close, probably just for the picture.
>>
>>1227335
who would even steal a broom
>>
>>1227335
I don't know anon, that doesn't explain the void in the middle. That's a bit like build a tree house and then cutting a notch into the tree.
>>
File: 15-shutters.jpg (530KB, 800x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
15-shutters.jpg
530KB, 800x600px
>>1223714
every house in my neighborhood, and state for that matter has this ugly shit on it. Its like sticking little plastic chrome stickers on a car. These shutter still fade over time and our HOA told us to replace them. Life is pain.
>>
>>1227308
>>1227291
>>1227294

I've seen those in baltimore/DC as well. They actually use a little air lock type door to makeit even MORE secure. Its weird to see pizza places that have a pizza exchange door.
>>
>>1227199
LOL. South Africunt here again.
That makes it seem a little funnier then it actually is.
Its not like that everywhere.
It's pretty much like that that in the worst of the city center in Johannesburg , but I guess we're so used to seeing it that we don't notice.
I would still get out of a car and walk around there... Not a fuck would I take my own car there, no watches, no cell phone, no money and don't think of carrying a knife or gun.
As long as you are worthless, they will only beat the shit out of you for being white. If you can swagger like a nigger and speak some local unga boonga language, you'll be alright.
An accurate dipiction of Johannesburg would be from the movie Judge Dread.
They filmed that in a dodgy area in Johannesburg and they still had to clean it up. There isn't any extra cgi in that budget. That's just how shitty the place is.
>>
you don't quite get the same adrenalin rush as you get when you blow the fuck out of some nigger with your shotgun/ AR-15
>>
>>1227139
that look like new homes in mexico. mini compounds
>>
>>1227461
I remember those from The Wire
>>
>>1227556
OMARS COMING BOY
>>
bumpoerango
>>
>>1224923
This. I remember once my father making a fuss about fire safety and that my windows were all blockaded and I started thinking he was getting senile.

Only retards build their houses in a way they can burn enough to block your exit.
>>
>>1221096
Bamperango
>>
>>1226686
my town used to be like that, then they built the prison... they ought to ship those fuckers back home instead of releasing them into my town when their sentences are up.
>>
>>1221096
Because it looks like shit. Nobody is stopping people from using them, they just don't want to.
>>
>>1221096
You misspelled niggers.
>>
>>1223697
This. This 100 times. I hate fake shutters. Why not just make functional shutters? I hate 'purely decorative' things that are mimicking functional things. Like fake pockets that are only sewn on flaps with no purpose.
>>
>>1232892
>Why not just make functional shutters?

They serve no purpose for the average homeowner. Double glazed windows provide insulation and allow light in. To use shutters you would have to remove your window screens or have some sort of actuator. Window screens are nice for the rare person who actually opens a window these days.

A few older houses in my town have real shutters. Nobody ever uses them Ever.

One of the interesting things about real shutters is that they look wrong when they are open, because the slats or louvers shunt the rain towards the house, so that when they are closed they shunt it away. If the shutters are fake, they always reverse them so that they look correct and shunt water away from the siding.
>>
>>1226475
I will steal your shit just to prove a point.
>>
>>1221509
worst bars.

You can't remove them from the inside, no matter how much you want to in the fire.

Chuck/Tyrone/Juan can remove them from the outside with a cordless drill and come right in through the window you probably leave open or at least unlocked. VRRRT-VRRRRT-VERRR-VERRT and it's gone.
>>
File: post-grinder.jpg (21KB, 493x251px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
post-grinder.jpg
21KB, 493x251px
Protective films + 1/2 laminated commercial glass + glass break sensors > metal bars

>>1233128
>cordless drill
battery powered angle grinders w/ a cutoff disc fucks through pretty much any theft deterent.
>>
>>1233118
Give up the justification, Jamal.
>>
My last apartment had these things, they're made of boxed sheet steel
>>
>>1233372

were they for protection against bad weather or bad people.
>>
>>1233385
Dunno, never had either. I assume weather since they're always referred to as "storm shutters" and not "jamal shutters".
They're pretty strong though, but the apartment walls were also concrete
>>
>>1233161
I'm actually not a nigger, or a thief. But they're just asking for it.
>>
>>1221096
my aunt basically does have that. They look like normal shuttered but they operate on an electrically powered system, are made of metal, and lock pretty damn tight.

She said "we should be safe unless someone with a sawzall with a metal blade comes along."

Also, another reason for not getting these things is fire escape concerns.

My aunt lives in las vegas though where it doesn't matter how nice the neighborhood is, you have a pretty decent chance of getting your shit busted.
>>
>>1226709
IKTF , When I lived in Laramie, WY, usa and in Aversa, Italy . I felt like people were exaggerating.
But now I live in White Hall ,Arkansas, Literally a whites only town, and yet somehow theres always someone getting robbed
>>
>>1233679
Meth is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>1233577
>I'm not a nigger
>Or a thief
>But I's steal yo shit
Okay, Jamal.
>>
>>1227155
At that size if i was in a state with the purple paint law I'd just use that.
>>
>>1233870
>most americans don't know what a purple line on a tree means
I surprised to not hear about hikers getting gunned down more often
>>
>>1233993
True I never knew what is was till I saw a post on /k/ about it. But then again. I live in the suburbs and didn't grow up hunting.
>>
>>1233138
That makes more noise than an alarm.
>>
>>1233138
milwakee angle grinders can't cut steel beams.
>>
>>1227294
America's future right here folks
>>
>>1233993
Even if it's posted no trespassing, you still need to give notice to vacate. You can't just start shooting
>>
>>1234184
WHAT!? after all I've heard about americans being "shoot first, ask questions later" type.
>>
>>1234184
>Leaving a living witness
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>1221096
A couple of the houses I've lived in had bars on the basement windows, and a key to unlock/remove them.
>>
>>1233662
>Also, another reason for not getting these things is fire escape concerns.
I don't think it's realistically possible to be trapped inside a house due to fire that wasn't caused be arson.
What type of a person doesn't have a smoke detector in every room?
>>
>>1221438
The real marine home
>>
>>1233993
>purple
WTF? Here its orange, any other color is a no go
>>
>>1227139
why does that look like Portugal?
>>
>>1226475
>>1226679
>>1226686
>I live in a civilized part of the usa
>I leave my motor running when I go into a store because that saves wear and tear on the starter motor. Nobody has ever stolen it.

I lived in the USA in a town like that, the last thing I'd call a place where you can do that, is civilized, there's probably a church in your town for every 10 residents.
>>
>>1236661
>that
>looking like Portugal
You must be from lixoboa or something, that has literally zero portuguese vibe.
>>
>>1221096
We have them.
In Germany.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCudaPpwoAM

ROLLADEN
>>
>>1236667
Barreiro. But that pic has the portuguese vibe of places like Atalaia or Qta do Conde.
>>
ITT paranoid white americans
>>
>>1236679
>paranoid
>measured responses based on crime statistics, city demographics, and insurance costs.
Sorry bucko, the state doesn't own me.
>>
>>1221096
>unless someone picked your main door lock, which is rapidly becoming impossible
lol yea you can fuck right off with your misinformation.

also using this shit would only advertise that you are actually out of town, and then they would just pick they keyed switch that opens the fucking thing and then take off with all of your shit.
>>
>>1236668
fuck I wish we could have those here in the states.. though Im sure leaving them closed for extended periods of time would be grounds for a search warrant
>>
>>1234172
Ameirca here, thats how some gas stations are at night.
fucking gets me every time I go to a ghetto and try to go in the cashier always talks to me like Im stupid for trying to go into the store.
>>
>>1233387
>I assume weather since they're always referred to as "storm shutters" and not "jamal shutters".
top kek
>>
>>1221438
>A physical wall (not a fence) around your property

Do you know how I know Anon is an other-than -consensual anal aficionado, it's because ^ that ^ isn't how you spell concrete-faced earthen rampart with whatever anti-climb barriers are legal in your polity. Having a brick wall and calling it a day is a good way to have some GWoT surplus armored vehicle Kool-Aid Man it's way into your living room
>>
Those window grills can still look aesthetic if you don't just slap them on.
>>
>>1227294
>>1227461
>>1227291
>first world
>>
>>1227199
Ghouls and prawns
>>
>>1221096
Doesn't meet fire code and thus illegal to install.

The reasoning (as dumb as it is) is that anybody in your house including small children should be able to egress the house on no notice via window, any window, regardless of window placement. A locked security shutter/mall grate/window bars/etc prevents that.
>>
>>1238611

>though Im sure leaving them closed for extended periods of time would be grounds for a search warrant

What? That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard anon.

You can install those on your house in the US as long as it's not against your HOA if you're unfortunate enough to have one or local codes.
>>
What stops someone from using a good damn chainsaw to cut a hole out of the side of your house and just walk right in? Barring your doors and windows and spending money on fancy locks is absolutely retarded. Safeguard your shit by not advertising it and not living in a ghetto.
>>
>>1242064
I assume you live in California or the South, where just about the only part of a house you can't put your boot through is the front door.
>>
>>1236671
I used to go to those places and never saw any shit similar to it. Seriously, look at that sidewalk and tell me if you ever saw something like that here.
>>
>>1242064
>What stops someone from using a good damn chainsaw to cut a hole out of the side of your house and just walk right in?
See: >>1221438
>Concrete construction.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.