[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Order a dozen bags of 3/4 inch drainage gravel from Canadian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: 1455891929353 (1).png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
1455891929353 (1).png
643KB, 1022x731px
>Order a dozen bags of 3/4 inch drainage gravel from Canadian Lowe's
>bag looks different from the one on the website
>open the bag
>it's 0-3/4 inch

Congo tier.
>>
>>1220141
Lol drainage gravel that is not!
Should have refused delivery.
>>
>>1220141
When you go to the customer service rep about this, I bet they're going to refuse to tell you their gravel source.
>>
>tfw same feel when dealing with niggers and pajeets
>>
>>1220141

What sort of things did you say you wanted in the gravel OP? Oftentimes there are code words or secret questions that will identify you as a pro or just some jerkwad homeowner.

Use the dirt and learn from your experience.
>>
>>1220141
First off its called rock unless it came from a fucking dredge.

Second unless its washed rock it will have some fines in it.

3/4 drainage wat??? Better not be draining much op. 3/4 will wash like a mutherfucker.

Jist get a dumptruck load of washed rock next time.

And of course its not the same color it never is.

Sigh...

Also any other rock usafe questions i guess. I work ina above ground strip mine for rock. Ama
>>
>>1220596
>3/4 drainage wat???
20mm is pretty typical for bedding pipes, I.e. Drain pipe.
Maybe that's what op meant.
>>
>>1220596
>I work ina above ground strip mine for rock

they sell some mess around here called crush-and-run that is a mixture of gravel about as big as a pecan down to basically sand. If you pack it down it sorta solidifies but not too much. I'm not crazy about it but some people think it's better for driveways than gravel. my guess is that it's probably a lot cheaper than decent gravel
>>
>>1220141
>>>1220141
>
>What sort of things did you say you wanted in the gravel OP? Oftentimes there are code words or secret questions that will identify you as a pro or just some jerkwad homeowner.
>
>Use the dirt and learn from your experience.

Go suck a dick, but remember to sound like a pro while discussing it.
>>
Putting a shot of sand in it helps gravel settle better.
>>
>>1220616
This.

Also, it isnt fucking dirt. May be refered to as dirty. Not dirt. Rock dust. Aka screenings. Likely lime.
>>
>>1220610
Maybe. I have no idea wtf 20mm is but it just seems awful small for a leech line or something.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170802-125046.png (643KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170802-125046.png
643KB, 720x1280px
>>1220615
*crusher run.

And yup. ;) shit packs like concrete anon.

Assuming you already have a descent base down for your driveway and it doesnt wash real bad you will likely want 1" ab3 or crusher run. We screen out fine waste screenings after we blast, then hammer it down until anything under 1.5" is thrown in a pile. All of our local dirtroads are made with this.

Most smaller cars and old people like the 1" because it smoothes out better and is easier to work. But then again they dont run a motor grader over their driveways.

Pic related is my local price guide. But this could varry greatly depending geographic location and rock type.

Delivered is about $250 for a 15 ton 10 wheeled dumotruck load local.
>>
>>1220665
For some reason shit can't just have 1 fucking name.

Clean rock is wtf ever size sorted.

Washed rock is rinsed off with water

3/8" washed is 3/8" chips is 3/8" asphalt rock.

67 is concrete rock. Cant remember wtf size it is

(Whatever size rock) minus is ab3 is crusher run is base rock.

Screenings is pretty much rock dust and sets up like fucking concrete if you get it wet.
>>
>>1220661
20mm is between 25/32nds and 51/64ths
3/4" is just over 19mm

mm means millimeter, which is derived from the meter, an internationally recognised unit of measuring distances used as the de facto standard in basically every country in earth, including the USA in certain disciplines.
>>
>>1220141
>Congo tier

If you're still here OP, I just want to let you know I laughed so fucking hard over that for some reason.
>>
File: 2316552637426.jpg (110KB, 1320x1184px) Image search: [Google]
2316552637426.jpg
110KB, 1320x1184px
>>1220402
>>
>>1220141
>Canadian Lowe's
Yup, there be yer problem

As much as I dislike them home Depot is leagues better than Lowe's
>>
>>1221017
> I posted it again XD
>>
File: 1413767384982.png (101KB, 539x468px) Image search: [Google]
1413767384982.png
101KB, 539x468px
>>1220661
>I have no idea wtf 20mm is
>t. el americano
>>
>>1220427
OP forgot to ask for a shot of black in it.
>>
>>1220141

>Congo tier

I deal with what that man goes through all the time. The difference is that I locate and discuss with the sources months in advance. Not the day or week I needed it.

Dumbass deserved what he got. Even the Chinese guys move slow in that film.
>>
>>1221323
>The difference is that I locate and discuss with the sources months in advance.

Months of research to buy fucking gravel. Canadian?
>>
>>1221318
Orly
>>
>>1221049
Yeah, and?

Why the fuck woyld i ever need to know wtf it is. Amd if i wanted to use your faggot mesurements i could convert it into normal.

Fuckoff
>>
>>1220876
The only thing the metric system has ever done for me is make me buy double the fucking tools.

Sucks my ass
>>
>>1221378
You say it as if most of your tools aren't harbor freight.
>>
>>1220615
Piss on crusher run. Use crushed asphalt instead. Easy to spread, drains well, doesn't dissolve like crusher run, and grass can grow through it without interfering with its qualities so your driveway will stay much cooler than paved asphalt.

I've been using it for ~20 years, adding a load as I feel like lengthening my driveway and expanding my backyard parking lot. I raked it by hand for the exercise. Try THAT with crusher run!

If you need shit that bulks and doesn't move, railroad rock is superb. I filled the area under my shop slab with it for extra height.
>>
>>1221360

I don't know about you but when quoting for large projects one normally talks to suppliers and get quotations and or prices from them. Then the bid goes off and approval often doesn't come back straight away.

For them. They are building new infrastructure. They should have been looking for that gravel source as they were setting up their site.

They finally got through with the scrawny guy with shades by the would have found him in the first place while holster phone dude was an unreliable cunt.
>>
>>1221377
>I'm not wrong, everyone else is!
>>
I operate a crushing plant, we have an impactor that goes straight into a screen with 25mm mesh on top and 8mm harp on the bottom, so we get 8-25mm crushed concrete agg, but we sell it as 10-20mm because thats what peopke want, sometimes it comes with splinters of wood mixed in.
>>
>>1222113

I always ask for a shot of splinters mixed into my gravel
>>
>>1221378
>buying imperial drills
>inch fractions /64
>numbers for tapping small
>letters for tapping big
...yeah wow metric sure is retarded.....
>>
File: Duff_lite_&_dry.png (268KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
Duff_lite_&_dry.png
268KB, 500x381px
>>1222113
>ut we sell it as 10-20mm because thats what peopke want
ffffff
>>
>>1222118
Splinters, fibro, bits of steel, asbestos roofing all for the low price of $28 per tonne
>>
>>1222125
Not my choice, i just run the machines
>>
>>1222113
I didn't know the gravel business was a racket.
>>
>>1220141
No pics of said bad gravel so i'm calling bullshit on this. Get back to work THD Canada guy and quit posting shit about Canuck Lowes.
>>
>>1222351
Go to the caledonia lowes in toronto. All their "drainage" gravel is puny crap and it's quikrete and not premier like on their website.
>>
>>1222130

Good variety is key to a healthy diet.
>>
>>1220141
What kind of rock was it op? I used to work in limestone quarrying and that shit is never clean rock.

If you're doing drainage I'd say your best bet is to get "pea" gravel also sometimes called buckshot. It's crushed granite about the size of peas, some pieces up to 1/2". I used it in my crawlspace to establish drainage for a pump drain trap I installed. The only thing you really need for that is to line your hole and trench with geotextile before you fill with the clean stone.

Definitely return that shit and say you were quoted clean gravel for drainage, not 3/4-down
>>
>>1220141
Never buy stone from home hardware or Lowes or home depot or rona or anywhere that doesn't operate a crusher. It isn't the same as buying tools or lumber
>>
File: 1501288016135m.jpg (91KB, 612x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501288016135m.jpg
91KB, 612x1024px
>>1220876
Pfffffft
>>
>>1221392
>grass can grow through i
Thanks. I know exactly why I will never use crushed asphalt now.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.