[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My neighbor's tree is a menace to my property and it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

File: over-hanging-tree-1.jpg (383KB, 1024x764px) Image search: [Google]
over-hanging-tree-1.jpg
383KB, 1024x764px
My neighbor's tree is a menace to my property and it's only growing. Is it okay if I spray glyphosate on the part overhanging onto my property to slowly kill it or atleast put a damper on its vigor?

How should I deal with this? I'm not on speaking terms with the neighbor.
>>
Climb the tree and put in a lightning rod.
>>
Talk to you neighbor like a man, tell him his tree is encroaching on your property and demand he cut off the violating limbs.
If that fails contact the city and file a complaint and wait for a response.
If that also fails just hire a mexican from home depot to do it for 100 bucks.
>>
>>1180602
>menace to my property
there is a difference between "it drops leaves and makes my lawn all messy" and "it is diseased and about to crash onto my roof"

damaging it without being able to show cause can lead to fines in civil court
>>
>>1180630
To add to this; his tree, his leaves, his problem. Tell the fucker that he has to clean up any leaves that fall in your yard. If he gives you shit or ignores you, you can complain to the city. We had an absentee landlord pull this shit with us ( the house was empty so he let the yard go to shit). It took a while but eventually, we forced the asshole to hire a landscaping service to come around and clean up our yards in the fall months, among other things.
>>
>>1180639
Interesting. I'd always heard it's the opposite, that the leaves are considered an act of God, so it's the problem of the owner of whatever yard they fall in. Would you argue that if it were a fruit tree, and the fruit falls in the neighbor's yard, and the neighbor collects/eats it, then the tree owner could sue for the theft of the fruit?
>>
>to slowly kill it
And accelerate the process of it falling on your house, right? Absolute genius.
>>
>>1180639
uhh, there are ordinances requiring people to maintain properties so it doesn't become a blight issue, but there is no way a local government would force someone to clean up someone else's yard just because leaves from a tree fell on it
>>
>>1180602
Here in my state of florida. You're allowed and required to cut anything that over hangs your property line. Cause all our hurricanes and trees from one yard to another..
>>
>>1180602
Most places you can trim anything above your property.

get the property line marked exact with as much documentation as you can
-Then add a foot for error

Cut every limb from the ground to the sky along that line
-Now all the weight is on their side of the tree. If it falls, it'll go that way. problem solved
>>
1) Is pic related the actual tree in question?
2) Is your house the red brick?

I can understand if the root system is causing damage to your house or limbs hit yours during heavy storms, but killing the tree or cutting it completely along the property line is absolutely retarded.
>>
>>1180630
Depends on the state. In SC, you can cut anything that grows over the property line.
>>
>>1180649
That is correct but we got the city on his case for the larger neglect issue. That forced them to come to the table and handle stuff. We tacked on additional demands. Basically, we threatened to cut off most of his fucking trees branches. While the trunks were on his side of the property line anywhere from 25% to 40% of the trees hung over the line. By law in most places, you are allowed to trim the trees back up to the property line. We told the fucker that if he didn't get the place maintained we would do just that. You try renting\selling a house when the 'privacy trees' look all fucked up and ugly.

>>1180664
It was an agreement we came too on top of the law. Also, HOAs can force people to do shit like that. Just read up on some HOA horror stories. They can levy fines and, if you don't pay them, repossess homes over shit like that. Overall I say don't live in an HOA but if they are on your side they can be a boon.
>>
>>1180602
>How should I deal with this? I'm not on speaking terms with the neighbor.
Talk to your HoA and they'll handle it

>but I don't live in an HoA
lol
>>
what kind of a petty small dicked weirdo do you have to be to get mad about a healthy young tree hanging over your shitty garage.
>>
Glyphosate won't touch a tree. You can try Remedy but usually it has to be sprayed on the lower section of the bark with diesel so it's noticeable, and it kills the whole tree.
>>
>>1180602
Kys
>>
File: clapping-gif7.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
clapping-gif7.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>1180892
Came here to post this.
>>
File: budd.jpg (19KB, 231x311px) Image search: [Google]
budd.jpg
19KB, 231x311px
>>1180881
>Living in a HOA
>>
>>1180602
You left the house number visible.

Go to Google Maps and type in the house number. Wait for an automatic list of nearby addresses starting with the same number.

Go to any location and do the same. Presto! New list of addresses.

It didn't take long to find you.

I have archived this and notified your local law enforcement.

Have a nice day!
>>
>>1180860
Ah, I wondered if it was something like that. In your case, good on you, I was honestly curious how you pulled it off.

>>1180602
That tree looks to be in decent shape, it's providing you shade which is lowering your bills for cooling in the summer, and you don't have to do a thing. If the leaves are an issue, you have a lawnmower, right? Just mulch them ffs, no effort there either. Whine much?

>>1180898
Enjoy your b&. Doxxing is a no no. I think you're trolling anyway, but it's whatever.
>>
>>1180966
>Doxxing
Investigator dude did not dox, he informed OP how he got his info. Big difference.
>>
Cut the bark all around and cut off its blood flow."

"if you want too kill the tree before you cut it down,make sure there
are no other tree's in the area that you do not want to kill.purchase
an auger type bit used for bulb's,drill around tree 10-12 feet from
trunk 10-12 inches deep, pour half full with rock salt,fill with water
and that will do the trick
>>
>>1180665
Same laws here. If it overhangs the fence you can cut it.
>>
>>1180860
>HOAs can force people
Long story short - NEVER fucking SIGN a fucking HOA ever.
>>
>>1180602
Fuck with my tree and leaves will be the least of your concerns.
>>
Drill few holes to the roots and add round up.... the tree is as good as dead after that.
>>
>>1180602
Just poison it. I've poisoned three of my neighbor's trees. Drill the trunk with a 12mm drill, pour poison into the hole , neat roundup or woody weed killer and plug the hole with soil. A slow but guaranteed death. Jobs a goodun.
>>
>>1180602
The way i solved it is I made my neighbor cut any branches that are on my side of the property.
>>
>>1181180
This.

It depends on your state though. On NC, you own the air rights over your property, so you can just cut the branches off that cross your property line.
>>
The invisible way to do it is to pound a pile of copper nails into the trunk preferably at just above root level. You need to set them just under the bark. The copper kills the tree over about 2 years so it looks as if it just got a disease and died.
>>
>>1181204
this
>>
>>1180610
A lightning rod provides a safe path to ground for building charges, which prevents lightning strikes, not encourages them.
>>
Plenty of bitching in this thread. Private property was a mistake.
>>
>>1180602
>My neighbor's tree is a menace to my property
Your fault for buying a cuck box in suburbia, now stop bitching.
>>
>>1181209
The lighting rod allows for the easiest path to the ground and encourages being struck over other objects to prevent damage. If the rod doesn't go all the way through the tree then the tree would have to take the rest of the charge
>>
How does it menace your property, with its leaves? Pathetic, just like those passive aggressive tree poisoners.
>>
Guys, none of the tree itself is hanging over my house. Part of it is hanging over my fence and I can easily reach up and grab the limbs. I just want it gone because if it falls it's likely to fall on my house, much more than his anyway.
>>
>>1181335
If the picture is yours, then the limbs that are hanging on your side should be removed. Draw a straight line in the air from your property line and have him remove everything on your side.

This prevents the leaves from falling on your side. It also has the added benefit of changing the tree's center of gravity, so that if it does fall, the weight of the branches on his side will pull the tree down on his house, instead of yours.
>>
>>1181335
>if it falls it's likely to fall on my house, much more than his anyway.
Is it likely to fall in the next 10-20 years? If not, fuck off.
>>
>>1181177
Your a dick and a child.
>>
>>1181315
This.
>>
>>1181335
You're not mature enough to own a home. Sell it and move back in with mommy.
>>
>>1180602
it's a nice looking tree! i'd keep it, looks sturdy. but if you really want to start cutting, start at the very edge of YOUR property, look straight up, and cut the branches that hang over the line. spray will kill the whole tree.
>>
That's a question for the city and any homeowner association you're in
>>
What the fuck is wrong with the tree? Looks perfectly healthy, and is providing good shade and it looks nice... stop being a fucking baby and deal with it.
>>
>>1181315
>>1181891
>>1181937
>>1181939
>>1181942
>>1182052

There's all sorts of things about the tree. Most of its leaves fall on my yard. The lawn beneath the tree is a wasteland. Last fall I had to clean the gutters multiple days. The thing is fucking massive and other neighbors hate it too.

BTW the OP pic is not the tree.
>>
>>1180663
this. how the fuck would that plan even work you nog?
>>
>>1182139
Thanks for getting 46 replies in, several straight out asking if the OP pic was related, several implying the question, before finding your brain enough to say, "Hurr Durr! OP pic not related!" You are the type that gives OP's a bad name, you know that? You are the reason I now hate all OP's. The next time I see one on the street I think I'll just switch sides so I don't have to walk past a lying, stinking, untrustworthy, faggot of an OP like you.

Would you be interested in doing a guy's wife while he watched though? Asking for a friend...
>>
>>1180886
My immediate thought
>>
>>1180602
You are a threat to this tree. It's older than you. Kill yourself.
>>
>>1180886
>Not on speaking terms with neighbor
That means fuck that neighbor and everything connected to him in any way.

I grew up with a parent and neighbor who hated each other. It gets far more ridiculous as time goes on.

Later I managed to grab a piece of the guy's land when it went up for sale. First thing I did is have a fence run down the entire lot line. No fucking way was *I* going to get sucked into anything like that!

Oh, and my parent made me cut down all the trees he had planted on that piece of land before I got it, because again, just fuck him and every horse he ever rode in on.
>>
>>1180602
Does the tree belong to you?
Is the tree on your property?
Do you own this tree?

No? then don't fuck with it.

Shall Not Be Infringed !!!
>>
File: Freddy.png (254KB, 515x353px) Image search: [Google]
Freddy.png
254KB, 515x353px
>>1180892
>>
>>1182139
"eeeeh the leaves fall in my yaaard. i gottta rake and clean my gutters like every other fucking person in the neighborhood", god id be damned if I've ever heard a more Jewish sounding cunt in my life, if you don't like it then fucking move you twat! You gonna cut his power for leaving a nightlight on in his hallway too?
>>
>>1182584
>That means fuck that neighbor and everything connected to him in any way.

You sound like more of a cunt. But yeah, it's always the neighbours fault.
>>
>>1182806
>fuck you goyim, just rake my leaves up and clean my leaves out of your gutters out every month
>>
>>1180602
You want to kill the limbs that are above your house? Living limbs aren't a threat so long as the tree is still structurally sound. Dead limbs WILL come down on your house.

It is legal in most places to cut limbs that are on your property even if the tree is not yours. Either rent an area lift and do it yourself or just hire professionals, you seem like a fuckin' moron so I'd probably go with the latter if I were you.
>>
>>1182584
>my parent made me cut down all the trees he had planted on that piece of land before I got it

You're a pussy. If you're old enough to buy land, you're old enough to tell your parent "No" and let them sulk like a bitch if they want to.
>>
Legally you can trim or make him trim that part that's on your property.
>>
>>1183914
Did you look at his passive-aggressive bullshit original post and conclude that he was a manly-man?
>>
What you need to do is actually talk to your neighbor, like a civilized, polite, and non autistic adult.

Chances are that your neighbor doesn't give a shit and will happily let you cut the limbs down.

However, if you go over there and flip out on him, then suddenly that tree is going to become the valuable thing he owns. That's just how the human mind works
>>
>>1180881
>paying extra few hundreds a month to HOA
>be bossed around like you're living in a shitty apartment

LOL HOA
>>
>>1180602
that is a sick fucking tree
>>
File: 3-24-2017.jpg (1MB, 770x1027px) Image search: [Google]
3-24-2017.jpg
1MB, 770x1027px
OP stop trying to cut down trees. I don't want to see your ugly fucking face. Get a life and find something interesting to do you fucking ugly piece of shit.
>>
Copper nails into roots will slowly kill
>>
>>1180602
You're obviously a scummy piece of shit so i'll assume you are ignorant to this fact but it turns out trees are good and provide us with delicious oxygen to breathe. leave the fucking thing alone. you literally owe it your life.
>>
>>1184142
>nails designed to go into wood will kill a tree

Everyone laugh at this retard.
>>
>>1180602
just ask him to cut that one branch that goes over your house.
>>
>>1184142
>Copper nails into roots will slowly kill

also excessive masturbation causes hair to grow on your palms
>>
>>1180667
However, if the tree dies from your action you are liable and a replacement full grown tree can cost $40-75,000 to replace.
>>
>>1184456
The limbs are on his side, he has every right to remove them.
>>
>>1184460
Absolutely but it does open him up to a liability issue. He should ask the nieghbor to cut it to forgo said liability.
>>
>>1184142
Why are Amerifats such childish vindictive little cunts?
>>
>>1184471
Depends completely on which country you're on. Not every country is run by litigious kikes.
>>
>>1184494
The US isn't?
>>
File: 1492896313311.jpg (1MB, 1079x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492896313311.jpg
1MB, 1079x720px
>Wahhh, leafes fall on my neatly cut grass desert
kys, hoa scum
>>
>>1180602
what a manchild

take your tears to /r9k/

>>1180881
you too
>>
>>1184518
I think he meant county

Any smart home owner would look at homeowner laws or any state/county laws. Sometimes you're fucked (Why would you buy a house near a gigantic tree?) sometimes its on the neighbor. Its always different
>>
File: PIX-CLGBVI.jpg (124KB, 450x332px) Image search: [Google]
PIX-CLGBVI.jpg
124KB, 450x332px
>>1180602
Remove bark around the trunk so it connects like a circle to stop the flow of phloem and the tree will die.
>>
Lots of miserable DYEOPs in this thread.
>>
>>1181209

You're a dumbass.
>>
>>1180897
Nothing wrong with living in an HoA if you the person who can follow simple rules. I love the fact that my home values are kept up because my neighbors have to keep their houses looking good and also must be good neighbors :)
>>
>>1181204
>>1181207
neighbor uses chainsaw to fell the diseased tree

gee wonder why my chainsaw hits on metall all the time
>>
>>1184127
This, my asshole neighbor tried this bullshit.
I luckily caught the bastard before he did anything.
We haven't talked since.
>>
>>1180602
Wait, You mean to tell me that I can't just prune a tree who's branches are hanging into my property!?
>>
>How should I deal with this? I'm not on speaking terms with the neighbor.
time to get on speaking terms with your neighbor

only moronic vindictive assholes are not on speaking terms with their neighbors
do you want to live your life for years-decades being angry at someone who lives mere yards away? or do you want to have someone you can depend on to call you if something is wrong with your home and you're out of town and have summer BBQs with?

work out your shit with your neighbor and work out a mutually beneficial solution instead of engaging in fucking chemical warfare like it's fucking Vietnam
>>
>>1180602
A few copper nails in the trunk below dirt level. They'll never know.
>>
>>1186837
>moronic vindictive assholes are not on speaking terms with their neighbors

Your neighbors must not speak to you much.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.