[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love treehouse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: treehouse.jpg (475KB, 1379x1140px) Image search: [Google]
treehouse.jpg
475KB, 1379x1140px
Treehouse thread

>pic related is my current project

Decided to make it more challenging by choosing trees with zero horizontal branches

Planning on having a fire pit up there once it's done

Give me suggestions of things to do to it
>>
Is that one tree? If so, horrible idea. Low trunk split trees are made to fail. Wait until a windy day, an ice storm, or even plain old snow, and trunk(s) are coming down.

Do you happen to know the species or at least genus? What part of the world are you in?

Use bolts for anchoring to the tree (nails and screws won't hold for shit long run).
>>
>>1161580
It is one tree
There's 4 vertical Y logs holding the majority of the weight. I will probably add a few more when the treehouse gets heavier.

>Do you happen to know the species or at least genus? What part of the world are you in?
No idea what the tree is. I live in the south east of England

>Use bolts
I'm too poor for bolts, the trees only have nails in for the ladder. The rest is held there with friction.

It survived last winter, so it's structurally secure
>>
>>1161549
>>38571

go to /out/
>>
File: hibi.jpg (962KB, 2000x1329px) Image search: [Google]
hibi.jpg
962KB, 2000x1329px
I also have an idea of making a tree platform rather than a house. If I accomplish that one, a house on top of the platform would be nice. Hey op I like your style. Inexpensive and easy.
>>
>>1161585
One year is a short time. Where I live there are tons of willow trees like this. They seem nice and fine, but then one year there's a lot of snow or a particularly strong thunderstorm, and down come a few of the trunks.

If you really want this thing to last I would strongly recommend bolting the trunks to a sturdy brace, perhaps even supporting them from the outside.

Also would be really good to find out what kind of tree it is. If you get a field guide (tons of online ones) for you region, you can pretty easily narrow down to genus just using easily assessed stuff like leaf shape, flowers, and wetness of the soil it's growing in.

And... how poor are you that you can't afford bolts? Shorter, thinner nails and screw are not gonna hold well, especially if that tree is still growing.
>>
OP here, will post progress tomorrow and replies if thread is alive

Been banned the past 24 hours due to l33t speak on /lit/
>>
>>1161549
are you not going to lash any of that shit together?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.