[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/ Is anyone here savvy with audio preamps? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 20170224_165922.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170224_165922.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
Hey /diy/
Is anyone here savvy with audio preamps?
I've got an A.R.T. tube preamp/compressor that just cut out on me the other day.
>be recording guitar through preamp into usb interface
>everything working fine, sounding good
>turn preamp off to grab a coffee
>come back, turn preamp on
>NO FUCKING SOUND.

I'm propa gutted-like. This thing has been my go-to for years. Always done well for me. It still powers on, so I doubt it's a fuse issue. I pulled the PCB out of the chassis and checked the input and output connections. Seemed alright by my eyes. But I'm no expert, not by a longshot.

I've tried the usual "try every fucking guitar cable in the house" and whatnot. Changed out the tubes with some brand new ones. No results.

>pic related
>>
Post schematic.
>>
>>1137438
Still waiting on one myself. ART doesn't have the schematic on their website, I shot them an email but haven't heard back.

Google wasn't too helpful. This cropped up under a forum, but idk how helpful it'll be
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachments/newbie-audio-engineering-production-question-zone/488016d1438261562-art-tube-pac-into-dbx-m-audio-issue-286s.jpg
>>
>>1137428
>Tube burns out
>Hipster has no idea what happened
>>
>>1137448
Already said I swapped tubes, faggot
lrn2read
>>
>>1137450
Did you try replacing all the capacitors?
[that's a joke. Don't do it.]
>>
Did you go over it with a multimeter?
>>1137448
>faggot shitposts
>doesn't contribute
>>
>>1137428
>vactrol bottom left
is the compressor vactrol based?
interesting if so.

anyway, measure voltages while powered (try not to die)
bias currents and heater voltages, power for the circuits and regulators etc.

I'm assuming all the DIPs are esoteric opamps
dunno what to do about those, might be able to test them if their pinouts are standard.

I guess test diodes...
>>
>>1137428
Did you check the fuse? How about the wall wart output?

If it's not a tube or something simple like the above, it's going to be pretty costly to fix compared to the price of a new one. You could even step up to professional grade solid state stuff.
>>
Not to thread hijack, but does a scotchpad attachment exist that can be used on a grinder? i have a bunch of soap scum in my shower and basic cleaning supplies will not handle...
>>
File: Scotch-Brite.jpg (71KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Scotch-Brite.jpg
71KB, 600x600px
>>1139265
Yes. There is a wide variety of Scotch Brite based grinding accessories for industrial use, most of which goes on a grinder in one way or another. Most of it is made for metal surface prep and finishing, and so should be plenty aggressive for cleaning a shower. If you don't want to scratch up your shower, you can fold a pad of non-scratching Scotch-Brite and stick it on a bolt, then chuck that in a drill. For comparison, pic related is a $30 wheel that would gouge fiberglass like a hard stone.
>>
>>1139234
>You could even step up to professional grade solid state stuff.
why would you want to?
>>
>>1137455
There's yellow piss under C1, though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.