[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any plumbers on /diy/? my toilet pipes are clogged and i have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170227_191736.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170227_191736.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
any plumbers on /diy/?

my toilet pipes are clogged and i have no idea how to unclog them, i've already put a whole methlab of chemicals trough it and it won't budge, does anyone got any tips?
>>
>>1137185
The only thing you should use is dish or laundry detergent... Other wise you risk damage to the seals and also possible chemical burns from contact. Be sure to tell the plumber what hazards await him.

If it's slowly going down, a bucket of water pored into the drain from up high can give enough force over time as the paper dissolves in to the water. (Dish and laundry detergent help break down the fibers and act as a glue to glue the water together pulling it down the drain).
>>
>>1137189
we've done the detergent thing like an hour ago and its still not going down, should i pour some in and leave it overnight?
>>
>>1137195
Keep checking the water level. If you see it's slowly going down then yes, por water from about 3 feet above into the bowl's drain, the force will help break it up. It may have to sit for a while but it can clear it self this way.
>>
Where the hell is your sink
>>
I know it's obvious to most of the civilized world, but have you used a plunger?
>>
>>1137215
Some of the new toilet designs no longer allow for a plunger to be effective anymore once the blockage gets to a certain point in the toilets drain shape.
>>
>>1137215
we have tried, but there's also another toilet and urinal connected to the pipeline, so so far i know, it would not help
>>
>>1137220
and these toilets are one of the "new" prefab designs (you stick it on the floor with bolts and done) and they are shit
>>
>>1137237
Rent a professional snake
>>
>>1137237
You can bend a piece of wire or even a coat hanger to prod and blend the paper blockage in order to move it.
>>
>>1137240
already did, i can't wait to break the whole place down and make it a shower
>>
>>1137240
It looks like the UK so it would most likely resolve itself before a retail place opens up...
>>
Just buy/use a toilet auger for christ's sake, they're like 20 dollars or so.

Never use drain chemical shit in a toilet
Actually try to never use that shit in any plumbing

If it's clogged in the trapway or right at the sanitee, running a cable through the main trunk wont do shit

you don't need to clear the whole line if thats the only thing stopped up, so you don't need a sink machine, drum machine, sewer cleaner, jetter or any other bullshit.
>>
File: 31cc8HxyKSL.jpg (8KB, 500x105px) Image search: [Google]
31cc8HxyKSL.jpg
8KB, 500x105px
a toilet auger, the problem solution
>>
Did it clear OP?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1484736253033.jpg (90KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1484736253033.jpg
90KB, 960x540px
>>1137185
4 words.

Liquid fire liquid shirt.

Cant find pics. Lowes has it.

Liquid fire drain uncloger shit. Get a bunch of hot watter handy. Dump botte in drain. Watch it smoke and inhale deadly fumes. Dump tons of hot watter down. Good as new.

1 drop on carpet, rug, or shirt and u have a hole. Legit buy 2 bottle and get an old shirt and dump half a bottle on it outside. Will liquify shirt.

Fucking epic
>>
>>1138362
Bullshit, I'm googling this so if you're lying I'm going to be mad
>>
>>1138362
I'm not mad. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>1138362
enjoy your melted wax seal
>>
>>1138452
Already covered in post #2
>>
>>1138452
different adnon but a wax seal is like $4 and renting a snake is like $75. buying a snake is $250 to whatever you want to spend. so if it works is actually cheaper.
>>
>>1139458
>buying a snake is $250
what? even in leaf land where the currency is worth less then pebbles a 100ft snake is only about $40
>>
>>1139458
Snake is less than $20
https://www.amazon.com/General-Pipe-Cleaners-R-25SM-25-Feet/dp/B003NFO528/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1488608002&sr=8-4&keywords=drain+snake

These are infinitely better than wax seals.
https://www.amazon.com/Fernco-Inc-FTS-3-3-Inch-Toilet/dp/B000BQUJEA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1488608103&sr=8-4&keywords=waxless+toilet+seal
>>
If the clog is in the toilet itself, get a wet vac and suck all that crap out.

If its between the toilet and main pipe, you can always remove the toilet and snake it out from there.

If vent pipe is near the bathroom, take an auger to the roof and start there.

If someone has been flushing tampons and wipeys, they could be stuck in the line in lots of places.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.