[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Building with glass bottles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: download (2).jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
12KB, 275x183px
I used to be an alcoholic and have like 20 empty Jameson bottles. I didn't want to throw them away because I don't want to forget about what I went through during that time. I wanted to make some sort of furniture out of them like a shelf or something. Just wondering if you guys had any other ideas.
>>
no.

dont be dumb
>>
Yes sir
>>
>>1137087
You and I must have a different definition of shelf.

Not quite sure how you would turn glass in bottle format into a thin tough material suitable for mounting hardware to.

I can't think of any kind of furniture that's made out of glass, which seems to be what you're looking for?

If I've got the wrong end of the stick do let me know.
>>
I meant more of like a book case type of deal, or maybe a small side table where i can rest the wood on top of the bottles.
>>
Make an artpiece

get some thick wire and form a shape(maybe a human or smth), cut the wire and add other details, but leave the ends long enough for a bottle. Then, put the ends of the wire into a bottle and glue it firm.
You could also hide some LED's and colored insides into the bottles to make it a fucking 1A piece
>>
>20 bottles
What were you, an alcoholic for a month?
>>
Build a wooden frame, put Glass or Acrylic over the frame with the bottles inside of it like a long box... then mount it to the wall and you'll have a shelf
>>
I threw most of em away, but like a year. 20sih is just what i have left...not like it matters
>>
>>1137087
Its a mutherfucker to kick aint it?

Drank daily for 15 years. A lot...

Now im down to about twice a week.
>>
You can make some cool glass arrows, or some trashy "upcycled" art.
>>
You could mash them all up and throw it on a floor and call it a carpet
>>
File: bottle-house-1[1].jpg (71KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
bottle-house-1[1].jpg
71KB, 550x412px
Get some cement and build them into the walls of a house like pic related

Or don't do anything, recycled art usually looks dumb and gimmicky.
>>
>>1137087
Trade your legal and unhealthy habit for a illegal and somewhat less unhealthy one by turning them into bongs.

Pretty much the only practical thing I can think of for glass bottles that doesn't involve drinks or arty bullshit
>>
>>1137087
Only 20 bottles? You and I have two very different definitions of alcoholism. Jameson is good stuff though, I'll give you that.
>>
>>1138569
>usually
>>
>>1137087
yeah, I've seen that shelf design, drill holes the size of the neck in wood boards, stack the four corners, offset the next layer and repeat. only good for 2-3 though, more of a desktop shelf than a freestanding one. And IMO it looks like shit but I guess depends on what else you have.

Aside from that 20 is more than enough to make a set of matching tumbler glasses, glass cutter and jig to cut them all of at the same height, then outside with dust mask and goggles and dremel/sandpaper to round over the edges. or you could use a diamond bit in a router to chamfer the edges like you do for granite countertops.
You could make slump trays.
It'd be interesting to slump a few bottles and use them as the basis for a stained glass window.

Cut the bottom off (for aforementioned tumblers) and use the top as candle covers. For bonus points, paint the glass to make interesting shadows.
Cut the top off and flip it and you'll have a 'self watering' vase. works well for some plants and colored glass works better because it slows down the alga blooms/fungus.

Um rain chain?

Fill them with boiled water and seal with wax so you have emergency water supplies that won't leech plastic if you let them sit for more than 6 months? Be careful to leave an air bubble in so it can expand to fill the space from cooling water, or it will suck in the cord or implode.
>>
>>1138569
How structurally sound would that thing be?
>>
>>1139056
about as strong as a house made with glass
>>
File: il_fullxfull.862798786_bktm.jpg (187KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.862798786_bktm.jpg
187KB, 1500x1000px
I always thought those half melted/slumped bottles were neat. Usually they're used for a spoon holder or some shit. Maybe a small valet tray thing to put your keys and wallet in. Maybe get a bunch and stick them on sides of a shelf of embed in resin. It's certainly not original but there's always bottle trees you see in every teetotaller grandma's yard. cut the necks off and use for a wall mounted coat rack?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.