[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dgg/ - /d/ Games General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 377
Thread images: 39

File: 4m2g3b-Gtgtc0x.jpg (83KB, 920x922px) Image search: [Google]
4m2g3b-Gtgtc0x.jpg
83KB, 920x922px
knifey eared shemales edition

Previous Thread: >>7414537

Discuss lewd games, share your projects, and have others critique them.

Post pictures (/d/ related, preferably) to inspire devs and keep the thread alive.

Check the archives before posting requests:
http://archive.loveisover.me/d/

>/dgg/ Game Catalog:
http://pastebin.com/Su7gb2iq

>Official Discord
https://discord.gg/CZ67xZt

>New OP Guide:
https://ghostbin.com/paste/9y7xq
>>
>>7421189
>Official Discord
No orificial? Who could be behind this?
>another elf edition
DISCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD!!!
>>
File: Blorp.gif (1MB, 338x580px) Image search: [Google]
Blorp.gif
1MB, 338x580px
Elf cum is truly the best
>>
>>7421027
You know, what allways bugged me about all this kickstarter and patreon stuff is, what is being paid with that money? This is less about fenoxo and more about all of it together. If you think about it, making a game is hard work and sometimes requires money that is used for materials (such as new hardware). Games that actually use graphics and such, would probably use up those 30k without leaving much to the actual programmers.

But yes, 30k for a couple of dudes writing a textbased game is kinda over-the-top.

btw, I remember playing a textbased game years ago where you could be different races and genders. You started out in a city and had to go through a sewer to get out of it, but the game stopped there when I last played it. The visuals were fallout-ish. Does someone know what game that was and if it's dead allready?
>>
>>7421259
Flexible Survival?
>>
>>7421264
No no, you could start as different races. Like I said, the UI was black, with green text. There were a few different races, with different stats, the game *promised* to implement transformations, but I can't remember any from the version I played.
>>
>>7421259
Patreon is not about funding projects, but funding people. They are literally paying for fenoxo's food/entertainment/whatever, and in exchange they get whatever it is fenoxo does.

There's nothing wrong with that, so long as the people paying the 30k feel they're getting their money's worth.
>>
>>7421259
99% of the money just goes in to his pocket
>>
New thread, new post.

C.U.M. Malapose mayhem, the newest update (from two days ago)

https://talesofstrangerealms.wordpress.com/

Any feedback is appreciated.
>>
>>7421264
I played that for a while, it was decently fun, though it was more roleplaying with others that I did.
>>
>>7421272
Was there ever the case where people were really fine with what they get? From what I remember, only a few actually finished the projects they started, or at least finished it to a point where it could be enjoyed as a game.
>>
>>7421281
Finishing a project doesn't matter. All that matters is that people paying are happy with what they get every month.

It's true a lot of people refuse to remove their pledges due to feeling a sunken cost or not wanting to lose access, which is why the paywall is kind of cheating, but that's more the people's faults, really. If they're not happy, they should stop paying.
>>
I must have fucked around with file assignation in my version of FF Portable at some point because trying to open .swf files now just creates a loop where the new tab opens a window asking for a program to open itself with. I've looked up the issue but no online fix has worked so far, any ways to fix this?
>>
>>7421286
It's better to disable browser flash altogether and just use the standalone flash player when you want to run flash.
>>
>>7421259
>you could be different races and genders. You started out in a city and had to go through a sewer to get out of it... The visuals were fallout-ish. Does someone know what game that was?
Oblivion?
>>
>>7421290
Fair enough. I've been using Swiff Player but I've had it lock on me when attempting to save. Is there a player you'd recommend over it?
>>
>>7421277
Post a screenshot of your game.
>>
>>7421301
http://www.swffileplayer.com/

small, never broke on me and works.
>>
>>7421301
Er....

Just use the official projector:
https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html
>>
>>7421259
Nimin Fetish Fantasy

https://www.fenoxo.com/play/xadera_nimin_fetish_fantasy_v0.975.swf
>>
File: 1469790754399.jpg (38KB, 680x793px) Image search: [Google]
1469790754399.jpg
38KB, 680x793px
>>7421277
There's no description of what the game it is or what genre it is. There's no screenshots. Is it a text based game? Is it an RPG maker game? Is it a platformer? you can't just send people to a mega and ask for feedback.
>>
>>7421313
It's a text game using a "game" creator that's better suited for CYOAs than actual games.
>>
>>7421315
As in, Twine ? Why be so cryptic.
>>
There's age regression in Magical Camp?
>>
>>7421332
Yes.

I think it's one of the tools designed on top of twine, though. It's quite ugly.
>>
>>7421332
Also I can't play the game because they made the character creation process require a hundred clicks and each click is a fucking screen
>>
>>7421277
Hey, I was working on a Twine based game before switching over to another engineer. I ended up putting together a pretty decent character creation system that's a bit more elegant than what you have right now. If you're interested, I can upload a webm of it in action and send you the source file if you wanna steal it. I'm away from my PC right now but can send it in a little while if you want.
>>
Been thinking of what to write on my blog for my next coding-related topic. I've already made a topic on OOP, but what would you guys like to learn about?

Some ideas:

Component-Based Design
Areas and Encounters
Observers, AKA Events

>>7420627
There's a public code repository, and a private one for backers. I'm relatively happy with the public one.
>>
>>7421382
I'd currently benefit greatly on relations between objects. It's like I know what I have to do but I don't know how to.
>>
>>7421382
Events are probably the hardest thing to understand for new programmers. There's a reason most entry level programming classes gloss over event listeners.
>>
>>7421277
An indication that you have experienced everything in an area would be nice.
>>
>>7421308
this, what the fuck are people doing
>>
>>7421465
Oppai lolis when?
>>
>>7421465
>I can't into faces.
For now. Practice? A lot. A fucking lot.

Also, I don't have a daughter that age, but are they really gullible enough to strip outside?
>>
>>7421268
I know the one you mean, it's on 4+4ch's /f/, but development stopped at the point you remember.
>>
>>7421599
I, yeah found it. Thanks for that
>>7421528
>are they really gullible enough to strip outside?

No, not at all. Unless you failed at parenting, your child wouldn't do that....well at least they won't strip completely, there might be a few odd girls that would willingly flip their skirt to show a boy her age her panties out of curiosity but that could only occur if the girl is a pre-schooler and doesn't understand "shame" or "peer pressure".
>>
File: 6546515313.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
6546515313.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>>7421481
disgusting
>>
>>7421645
>>7421528

The plan is to only have the very young (say 4) strip outside. The older ones (say 4-8?) would only do it if you're behind a bush, in a private room, etc. Then 8+ would probably refuse since they would see through your game.
>>
>>7421396
http://venturega.me/index.php/2016/05/29/gooey-events/ Here's an earlier writeup on Events vs. Polling that I did a while ago.

I'll work on the entity relationships thing, soon.
>>
File: 1494718896000.jpg (57KB, 529x386px) Image search: [Google]
1494718896000.jpg
57KB, 529x386px
>>7421481
The best of lolis
>>
>>7421465
You need to stop drawing black boxes.
>>
>>7421481
depends on how realistic the def wants it to be. Oppai-lolis are nearly impossible in real-life, mainly because they are just children that have yet to develope the secondary sex characteristics. If you have a child that is an early bloomer, you might have a girl that has larger breasts than her peers, but we are talking about an upgrade from AA to B or C at best, which is in my book still considered small.

>>7421657
I have a sister that is 6yo right now and I'm pretty sure that she wouldn't stip out in the open. Up to 4, they don't give much of a shit about clothing tho, so that would work. 6-8 would need a little bit of persuasion and some space and everything upwards would be either drugs or a metric fuckton of suave talking (however that would sound if you try to seduce a 10yo).

>>7421705
you disgust me
>>
>>7421715

I just put the black boxes on for 4chan. The game has no black boxes.

>>7421716

I'm kind of wondering how to define space. Inside a house it's easy. But behind a bush or building? I'm not sure how to systematically define that. I could easily do a line-of-sight check to all NPCs and see if anyone can see, but that doesn't stop someone from going near it. Maybe also check any "common" tiles (ie path, roads, sidewalks, etc) and see if they have vision to the area you're playing doctor in?

Then what happens if someone walks in on you... I guess the loli's reaction is less important, since more likely they'll just call the cops on you.

Can you tell us more about your sister, so I can know what kind of behavior to model? I am not really around any children in real life sadly, so I'm pretty unaware of how they actually act outside of what I see in public.
>>
Anything new with Newlife? Last version I had they just implemented anal.
>>
>>7421728
Why don't you just make a seperate instance (is it the right word for it?)? Like, if you move behind the bushes, you get to a new map, where you can then do the stuff you wanted to do.

My sis is an odd-ball, so I can't say anything that would apply to all children. And you have to take into account that I'm her brother, who had to change her diapers a few years ago, so she doesn't care if she is naked infront of me. But children are gullible if they trust and know you, so you technically could persuade them to do kinky stuff, but real children are a turn-off to me, so I never tried.
>>
>>7421775

Well, I could also freeze time... that used to be what happened, but for some reason I made it so time advances when dialogue is writing, then stops once it's waiting on you to make a choice...

I think I was trying to balance out a sense of urgency (otherwise it's as if the whole encounter happened instantly) while also giving the player time to read the text and think their decisions through...

I mean if anyone sees you in a lewd scene, i could just make the only option on the dialogue to stop and run (or another to try and grab the girl and run?)
>>
>>7421784
Why would you try to do something in the open in the first place? Wouldn't it be smarter to remove the part where you try to molest a child in broad daylight and move it to some secluded place.

If your NPC's have different cycles for day and night and they are less active in the night, you can enable that option and go with the line of sight check.
>>
>>7421784
Some of both options?

Each dialogue option advances time a bit and then pauses to give time for reading/choosing what's next, and if something happens with a third party during the time movement then jump to caught as soon as the scene advances?

Not sure how that would look under the hood though
>>
>>7421849
This could also mean if you think you're caught you could have a chance to pick options to descelate/get out before you're caught completely red handed. Some actions take more time than others, so inherantly more risky to being caught, maybe interactions with sound occuring then too and drawing people depending on set up and actions because of the real time interaction
>>
So what's all this talk about drm in TITS? Did fen somehow become even more jewy?
>>
>>7421929
It's DRM, but it's incredibly bad DRM. He lurks these threads now and downloads the versions that commieanon is posting, and he's banning his account when he does so. It's just 16(?) bytes of data thrown onto the end of the file though, so apparently it's super easy to remove.
>>
>>7421944
But why though, what is he hoping to accomplish?
>>
>>7421954
To ban everyone who leaks builds. It worked for a while, remember the repeated whining of those obnoxious fags when commieanon's new versions didn't have the new content? Fen is an inglorious jew who doesn't give a fuck about whether or not people play his game, he just wants as much money as possible, despite already making more than 95% of the world's population.
>>
>>7421954
Preventing people from leaking TiTS?
>>
File: Malapose mayhem ss.jpg (641KB, 1910x910px) Image search: [Google]
Malapose mayhem ss.jpg
641KB, 1910x910px
>>7421304
>Post a screenshot of your game.
Here is the entry screen.

>>7421313
>There's no description of what the game it is or what genre it is. There's no screenshots. Is it a text based game? Is it an RPG maker game? Is it a platformer? you can't just send people to a mega and ask for feedback.

Good point, we will be addressing that on our website on our three days off from work this week. (Sorry for some reason my brain thought this is the 5th thread you will be posting in screw mentioning that Malapose Mayhem is a text based exploration game. Though I suppose the game really doesn't have an objective yet. The game is in its early stages at the moment so I figure we have some time to get things straightened out and filled in.)

>>7421371
>Hey, I was working on a Twine based game before switching over to another engineer. I ended up putting together a pretty decent character creation system that's a bit more elegant than what you have right now. If you're interested, I can upload a webm of it in action and send you the source file if you wanna steal it. I'm away from my PC right now but can send it in a little while if you want.

We would appreciate that greatly. Twine is the first engine or whatever you want to call it that we tried and it seemed simple enough that we could go with it.

>>7421412
>An indication that you have experienced everything in an area would be nice.

We will see what we can do about that.

Thanks good feedback all of that.

I am sorry that I posted and then waited so long to reply, I had just gotten home from work and was sitting in my chair in front of my computer and leaned back and my cat jumped up and flopped on my chest and started purring.... I fell asleep and slept like a rock until the alarm went off to get ready for work, which is what I am supposed to be doing now lol.
>>
>>7422305
I'm
>>7421371
What story format are you using in Twine? I was working with Sugarcube 2 and I'm fairly certain you need to be using the same format else it won't work. Or if you don't want to copy it directly, you can just open it to see what I did, then translate it on your own to whatever format you're using.

I would highly recommend switching to Sugarcube 2 though, there's a lot of documentation for it and it seems like the most robust story format a beginner can use effectively.
>>
>>7422305
Out of curiosity, is the writer a native English speaker?
>>
>>7422305

Don't take this the wrong way, but your game is visually terrible. The background image behind the text doesn't take up the whole screen, and something about the black-white-black color transition hurts my eyes more than usual for text games. Worse, the artistic "fade out" towards the edges of the background image eats the black text, which means the user has to scroll more than usual to get the text into a readable position.

You also probably want to do some editing/proofreading, doubly so if >>7422315 is true.
>>
File: piss wizard.png (67KB, 200x239px) Image search: [Google]
piss wizard.png
67KB, 200x239px
>>7422305
Picture Related?
>>
I still haven't checked out the official APK due to a lack of a proper computer, but I can make unofficial AIR builds from my phone so I did so.
(cross-post from 8/f/)
TiTS 0.7.48 Unoffocial mobile builds:
Android APK:
https://mega.nz/#!epxyzTzR!Lw2kj1bG3tP_nuvzU96OJyywkCW-cuIEo1p51iTVtzg
iOS IPA:
https://mega.nz/#!38hFjCZb!8hHa4yp6B3fMCsbKMXyRTj1IIaJL-qQiX5-BvyGrzx0
>>
>>7422509
fenoxo is going to be mad
>>
>>7422717
He was already mad anyway.
>>
>>7422717
I kinda wonder if any of the patreon subscribers even care.
And if they do, if he made a big 'ol blog post about how he was 'cracking down on the leaks' do the same thing as actually doing it?
I mean, would somebody really see a 'pirate' stealing the alpha build and say 'you know what, fuck fenoxo, I'm pulling my patreon because there are people stealing his game'.
>>
>>7422754
furries carved out their own little areas in the internet and don't leave them often
>>
File: progress.webm (3MB, 1820x720px) Image search: [Google]
progress.webm
3MB, 1820x720px
>>7422305
Alright, here's the webm showing off what there is. This version actually has a simple combat module too. Feel free to use it, and in fact anyone who needs ideas or help with Twine character creation and/or a simple combat system can too.

Mega link has the .html and remember, you'll need Sugarcube 2 to open it properly. I haven't touched in it a few months and I know there are new versions of not only Twine but probably Sugarcube as well. Not sure how nice it will play.

https://mega.nz/#!D4smBIKR!PCNom4M6JyA_A2yg9NxFR3TPbBvYRdTgAkwN0tbjUfc
>>
>>7422839
I remember you. It's been awhile.
>>
File: 1777074100934512252.png (3MB, 2384x2480px) Image search: [Google]
1777074100934512252.png
3MB, 2384x2480px
Uploaded the latest Latex Dungeon backer build.
https://mega.nz/#!hd5lka7A!LLRFaq0ZZaYqc_eU0iYEXDgwwYkz2guZ88LHg3ujAdM
>>
File: CC.png (56KB, 429x757px) Image search: [Google]
CC.png
56KB, 429x757px
>>7422874
Oh I post on here all the time, I just don't normally do it with a trip. Old anon habits die hard.

But like I said earlier, I've been working on a game with a coder, which is nice because my programming skills are shit. I'm doing design and writing, he's taking care of translating my nonsensical ramblings and building something functional.

And on a closing note, if someone is interested but doesn't want to fuck around downloading the file, pic related shows off how it works. I essentially made mirrored passages that loop back and forth between each other with a continue button at the bottom leading to the next section. Hope it's useful for someone.
>>
File: 4b1e3ff2e8ef5d513e5e425bd69cdbad.png (147KB, 1881x937px) Image search: [Google]
4b1e3ff2e8ef5d513e5e425bd69cdbad.png
147KB, 1881x937px
Hey /dgg/, first time posting here.
I'm currently working on a text adventure game inspired by the mechanics of CoC (god, what game isn't by now?) but with a bigger focus on a complete, singular story, and without any combat whatsoever (more of a resource management game).
The setting is largely inspired by a quote by the creator of chobits who mentioned how interesting it would be that, if instead of throwing up an 'error code', a computer would simply talk to you about what was wrong with it.
That then became the idea of a computer being essentially a human with robot like functions.

So, that's where my game comes in. The plot is that you are a fresh-out-of-college computer technician who comes across a series of damaged/malfunctioning P.S.Us (Personal Service Units) and you take care of them, however you choose.
The idea is to get a feeling similar to Teaching Feeling, where you can either take extremely good care of the robots and love them tenderly, or abuse them and turn them into sex objects if you wish.

I'm using Game Maker to make it, since I'm comfortable with it and I actually own it. Right now all I really need to do is fill in content, since my engine is working (almost) just how I want it, but it's with that content that I come to you guys.
I need some opinions.

First, let me describe some mechanics. I only have two right now, money and stamina. Money is gained automatically through your job, but you can do freelance to increase it. You spend it on various parts and pieces for your P.S.Us and even purchase a discounted one eventually. Stamina drains after doing most active things in the game, such as going to the city, working freelance, or doing anything lewd with your robots. However, most looking and movement is free. The reason Stamina exists is to create a psuedo 'day' system, which causes your only option after running out of stamina to sleep, and sleeping progresses certain events.
>>
File: b171b38ed422b3dc1548cc8bab51407a.png (92KB, 1615x1010px) Image search: [Google]
b171b38ed422b3dc1548cc8bab51407a.png
92KB, 1615x1010px
>>7422911
Now, here's my issue and why I'm coming to you guys. Right now, the way the game plays, it feels like a blend of a Western porn game and an Eastern visual novel. Even though you can choose how to spend your stamina for the day, there's really very few 'wrong' options, and you never really have to strategize or make decisions. You just play out the game as it's written, making certain choices down the line if you want to or not. Right now I have no 'bad ends' in the game, though I have thought about adding 'bad ends' to some of the robots.
But I just don't know what would be ideal. The gamer in me makes me want to add something to the game, even if it's something stupid like minigames that you have to complete for certain scenes. But maybe I don't need that? Is it ok just to play out a simple story with just some choices along the way (like Teaching Feeling)?

That's the biggest thing I need help with right now. I can go into more detail if you'd like, feel free to ask questions.
The game isn't presentable right now though, so no downlinks or anything.
I should also mention I have absolutely no plans to sell it or anything like that, it's really just for fun and to fap to.

Also, no polish yet. Mechanics and content, visuals later.
>>
>>7422914
Idly thinking about it, I was pondering the idea of a point system that would tick up based on the various lewd things you do with the robots. Maybe an affection point system as well.
That way it feels like as you reach each new scene, you are scoring points, and it would help reward the player for exploring every option. That might make it feel more like a game based on exploring.
>>
>>7421259
Yeah, this is why I don't patreon shit that's not even out yet.
I patreon a few of those "new song every week" nerds, but never a "maybe I'll have something out eventually, thanks for the money" guys.
>>
>>7422914
>visuals later.
With that in mind, this isn't really criticism, but your game looks remarkably like an old ATM machine.
>>
>>7422931
I laughed.
Yeah, that's pretty much old Game Maker's default color scheme.
No idea why.
>>
>>7422911
>polish
Kurwa!
>>
Planning on making a visual novel style game in ren py. About super heroines (dcs) getting banged, with character development, world building, submission/deteriation, and a battle of wills between batman (keep the sluts in check) and the joker (slutifying the dc world)

Is ren py free?
>>
>>7422954
>Is ren py free?
Yes, Ren'Py is free to use with commercial and non-commercial games.

Whether or not it should be used at all is also a valid question.
>>
>>7422954
sounds like a game already in development in /weg/, should check it out. and of course renpy is free.
>>
>>7422959
oh fuck, then w.e. I had the script and the progression system.
The chicks were all naturally chic (Wanting to be popular and pleasant to everybody)
And this was topple with infamy in the super heroine world.

So they would slowly become more desperate for attention in the chic way, one upping each other to sluttyness.

And lose combat proficiency infamy to gain whoreness infamy in the underworld.

Superman was supposed to be gone (didn't come up for a reaosn why) so WW was running the justice league. And was trying to overcompesate by being more militant. (A cool gag I came up is that amazons being the most womanful women would always be able to lactate and would become a weak spot for them) Batman would eventually become bore of her trying to dictate him how to handle gotham/take him down and would essentially train her to become the most notorious whore.

A romance tale between selina and batman, and they meeting each other with their humans identities. (Selina would talk about her boyfriend, as you get closer to her as batman, so you realize she's into you)

And then another arc with Superwoman infiltrating batman clique on WW behalf trying to find dirt on him. (that he was a pervert) but batman outwitting her. (Which would be his breaking bad moment to go full savage on WW)

But fuck it.
>>7422956
Thanks for answering though
>>
>>7422975
Meant Powergirl, not superwoman.
and by super heroine world, I meant in the combating villains world.
Chic world would be the public apparition of super heros and how they're taken. (Media, Democracy issues, and the like)
The idea being that world is suppose to be skeptical of super heroes without Supes, so WW has try her best to get people into the side of the Heroes.
>>
>>7422914
It's fine to make a game that's impossible to fully lose. Especially if it's a porn game. Still, you should have some rewards for managing resources properly.

No matter what, adding minigames isn't going to make a bad/boring game good.
>>
do you have a game with male character and get fcked by male ?
:no text based game:
>>
>>7422989
Some rewards for managing resources properly? That's a good idea...
Have any specific examples? I guess there would need to be something that drains constantly besides stamina, that you'd have to put effort into maintaining. But I don't really know what a young adult needs to take care of besides bills.
Another game that comes to mind is Princess Maker, or Long Live the Queen. Where each day you can assign your character to a task to gain stats, and then events would happen that basically checked your stats and changed based on them.
I'm not sure if that would be enjoyable in a porn game though. It would make you want to run through it multiple times I supposed.
>>
>>7422997
like seed of chaos ?
>>
Is 2017 gonna have a lewd jam?
>>
>>7423114
Hopefully not, some of those games were really good but never got properly developed and only had like 5 minutes of content. It's so disappointing.
>>
>>7423117
I avoided them because I didn't want to get in trouble for loli content.
>>
>>7422875
can I turn into an alien now?
>>
File: Test7.gif (710KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
Test7.gif
710KB, 258x258px
I started a month ago.
Should I keep going or just kill myself?
>>
File: Fucking2.gif (48KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking2.gif
48KB, 258x258px
Last gif is a bit slowed down to make the transitions work. Here is looped fucking at intended speed.
>>
>>7423151
>>7423152
Nono, please continue. I need one game where I play a trap and can get fucked in all kinds of ways.

What kind of game do you want to make?
>>
>>7423152
>>7423151
That's super cute.
Any info on a game itself?
>>
File: TongueAtk.gif (61KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
TongueAtk.gif
61KB, 300x300px
Here is tongue attack.
>>
File: qtbeegril.png (2KB, 192x210px) Image search: [Google]
qtbeegril.png
2KB, 192x210px
Here's a cutie bee girl.
>>7423153
>>7423154
Oh fuck, you have no idea how good it feels to hear this, I haven't shown anyone my work yet.
Uh, so platformer, but just as a means of movement, you know? The actual platforming is irrelevant, I want it to be open world, branching paths, many different biomes.
I was really inspired by FOBS because its about puzzle solving, a lot of these platform games make you fight the things that you as the player want to fuck, thats weird and counterintuitive. So i want the player to be a weak lil bitch with only a small amount of self defense, the monsters will try to fight you, if you fight you will lose, so you gotta seduce them in a variety of ways. Doesn't that make way more sense then fighting against what you dont want to fight against?
>>
>>7423152
Damn, that is some fantastic animation.
Just out of curiosity, how long did this take to make?
>>
>>7423161
It's a great idea. It makes way more sense to me, and I had the greatest time with FOBS because of that.
Will the girls just be pacified or tamed to follow you around/stay at your place?
>>
>>7423117
the ones that mattered are still being developed.
>>
>>7423151
>>7423152
this is amazing anon. do you have a blog or something?
>>
File: 11111.png (9KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
11111.png
9KB, 384x384px
Here are some colour presets, but ofc i would like you be able to choose each asset (skin, hair eyes) individually. They are:
Neopolitan, Butterscotch, Orange Cream, P{ina Colada,
Mint Chocolate, Sorbet, Shortcake, Cobbler
I want this game to be cute as FUCK so names gotta be sweet
>>7423162
2 days. Day one i did the meet of the anim, day two I polished it up and added bounce and stuff. But i did design the frog and the player char a little while, but still not bad for only doing this for a month, huh? Actually though it took me forever to design that frog's head. you should see the earlier designs, they are vomit inducing
>>
>>7423161
Yeah, that's something that's always bothered me about those games. Will the h-scenes have some kind of value or are they just going to be the replacement for the battles? If so, what do you plan to do, to make the game compelling? And will the MC be one of those who don't want to do H-stuff or will he do those things willingly, or do you plan to do it with some kind of "corruption" system, where he enjoyes it after some time?
>>
>>7423155
made me lol
>>
>>7423171
>not bad for only doing this for a month, huh?
You can say that again
>>
>>7423171
So, release when?
>>
>>7423171
>But i did design the frog and the player char a little while, but still not bad for only doing this for a month, huh?
genuine gifted, if you're not lying.
>>
File: FrogF.png (2KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
FrogF.png
2KB, 192x192px
Squishy froggy female! what do you guys think? I like her but any suggestions are welcome. I have a little bit of trouble design some of the chars, they end up looking too samey face-wise, this is a good one tho (i think...)
>>7423170
No, no blog. I will probably make one at some point, just keep an eye to these threads, youll see me again
>>7423173
>>7423166
Ok so, your a naturalist, monsters are aggresive, they will harm you. You have a counter attack, but you cant hurt them, you are weak, and its your job to study them or something (so hurting them would be bad, i mean theyre just animals ya know?). You want to not die so you can see more places and monsters, you want to learn how to seduce/befriend them because they give you resources and stuff to study (did somebody say "buckets of cum?") the fucking is like a grapple if you wanna think about it like combat, but you know, fucking is the end goal for the char and for you cause your horny. As a naturalist/science-guy or whatever, you cant fight them, its not ok, so you cant fight at all, you can only defend, so you gotta seduce em with behaviour, disguises, pheromones gifts, dancing, who knows. and ofc once you get em, either the first time or a few times whatever, they will be in your zoo-thingy at your base-thingy. any game that doesnt have a zoo where you fuck everyone youve earned is just terribly missing the mark.
>>
>>7423173
>or will he do those things willingly,
this'd borderline ruin it for me ngl. I need some non-consensual in my eroge. Corruption system works, so long as I can cheatengine it into staying low.
>>
>>7423188
Very cute.
Being conscious about sameface is the first step to solving it. That being said, this looks fine, and it's hardly a problem when it comes to a porn game.
She's very cute, very attractive. I was going to selfishly mention a good variation on boob sizes (instead of everything being so big) since that's also a trap I see western porn games falling into.
If I had to say one thing about froggirl, I suppose it almost looks like her boobs are saggy? It might be because of the position of the nipples but I'm not sure.
>>
>>7423192
I don't see a problem with a herd of 'animals' that want to fuck you, and there's really nothing you can do but let them have their way and hope that they don't attack you instead.
>>
>>7423198
for me it's all about how the character perceives it. that'd work, but I wouldn't be too into playing as a naturalist sex tourist.
>>
File: MotherfukinPumpkins.png (3KB, 300x192px) Image search: [Google]
MotherfukinPumpkins.png
3KB, 300x192px
Do you guys like mischevious pumpkin-headed loli/shotas? I do.
Also, i mean i guess this is obvious, but some of this stuff is kinda unpolished and could be changed or redesigned so just keep that in mind
>>7423173
>>7423192
Sorry forgot to address that. I want to allow the player to make the choice. Like in the handbook with monster info or the player's bio or whatever it might say, "How do you feel about Frogs?" and then you can select like a happy face, or a sad face, or a "AAHHHH YOUR FUCKING MY BRAINS OUT AND I LOVE IT!!" face, or something like that. Personally I'm all about enjoyment, but he'd be making that face no matter what, can you imagine taking a huge squishy cock like that? And yeah I know some prefer that the character be in pain or at least look a bit uncomfortable, so id like to have degress that you could choose from. The game is supposed to be nice and peacful and cruelty-free, but if your the one in pain, i see no problem with that.
>>7423180
lol
>>7423177
>>7423182
thank you thank you thank you
i cant stress enough how glad i am to hear people like my work, im actually trembling a bit haha... an no, no lies. ive always been and artists and id like to think i understand animation intuitive as far as the squash and stretch dynamics and, ya know, but ive never done pixel before and i really wanted to be able to do so, so your support means everything to me
>>
>>7423200
ah yes this system would probably work for me.
>>
>>7423200
>lol
You never thought about estimates?
>>
>>7423209
I started one month ago
>>
>>7423209
This dude just released a gif of which he wasn't even confident, so I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a lot of stuff finished. And I assume that it's going to take month before we even get a 0.0.0.1 alpha of the game.
>>
>>7423200
I usually just lurk, but this justifies a post. Keep going, your work looks good and the idea sounds great. Keep it up.
>>
>>7423209
as I understand it he's only made assets so far
>>
File: 0c417b30cf2bcb73ab4c3d5be133fab1.jpg (758KB, 1200x1613px) Image search: [Google]
0c417b30cf2bcb73ab4c3d5be133fab1.jpg
758KB, 1200x1613px
>>7423171
This looks pretty damn nice, anon. Surprisingly, you seem to even have a handle on intuitive game design, which is rare. I wish you luck on your game, and may even play it despite not being a fan of platformers (don't know why).

Who am I kidding, you'll have tuberculosis and polio the day you post "first demo's nearly ready guys!"
>>
>decide to finally give TiTS a try a few months ago after wanting nothing to do with it because of how CoC was handled
>pleasantly surprised that the game seems pretty polished and there's actual progression
>suddenly content just stops
>check the blog and event submissions and it's just more and more personal waifu insert shit like CoC
>fen is back to refusing to work on anything that requires actual work and instead just playes games or writes his terrible self-inserts
>Only decent writers have to trick him into working on their projects by drip feeding it to him or by giving it a horsecock
Wow what a shock. If only someone warned people this would happen. Fuck at least when he took donations and this wasn't supposed to be a full-time job there was an excuse for this shit.
>>
>>7423286
desu I think the cocg crowd is worsh than fenoxo, but don't let this be misunderstood: fenoxo manages to participate fully in the platonic form of trash.
>>
>>7423313
That reminds me, did slablands ever become anything other than garbage?
>>
>>7423313
I gave up on the general after Spooky disappeared and we were just left with a bunch of angry autists who hate anything that remotely sounds like CoC but also refuse to ever let CoC go but at least they're just doing it as a hobby. It's fucking disgraceful that Fen and his """team""" are supposed to be doing this as an actual job.
>>
Hey guys, do you know how I can get the crowdfunding stuff in Cursed armor whilst also being a jew and not pay for it?
>>
>>7422839
Keep it up famalam
>>
>>7423325
overly focused on dom. no sex from lost fights. useless game by premise.
>>
>>7423325
Most of the best stuff is still in google docs. Also depends on how much you like dom content, obviously.
>>
>>7423349
>Most of the best stuff is still in google docs.
Where can I steal it?
>>
>>7423396
In their threads? Unless things have changed they've had project lists in there for years.
>>
File: cute.gif (233KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
cute.gif
233KB, 540x304px
which games let me play as an elf?
>>
>>7423467
Mine!
>>
>>7423148
I haven't tried running through the entire update yet, but you could already get an alien end. If you're talking about the Boss TF, no. Based on what zxc's saying, I'm pretty sure there isn't even a boss yet. So, one to two more stage screens, a boss screen and design, and the TF divided into two parts, six to ten weeks. And that's without continuing this trend of updating all the monster sprites and designs.

Not that I mind, they look a lot better, especially on the overworld screens, but I'm really ready for some meaty, 'story'-based content. Also, zxc moved some stuff around in town, I thought the game was busted for a second.
>>
>>7423511
> I'm really ready for some meaty, 'story'-based content.
Does he actually plan to do this?
>>
>>7423517
I meant more in the sense of the game progressing past the same alien screen it's been on for the past six to eight weeks. I just want to explore new areas, fight new monsters, and grind gold.
>>
>>7423467
Thats a horse, anon.
>>
>>7423538
Yes, and?
>>
>>7423538
no it's an elf
>>
>>7423529
Disappointing
>>
>>7422313
Harlowe is the story format I'm using currently. I'll started looking into Sugarcube 2.

>>7422315
Yeah, English is my native language. I also have a bit of dyslexia so I sometimes mangle words or sentences without realizing it. Even when rereading & editing it later I sometimes still won't notice that I mangled something.

>>7422470
I'll look into redoing the background again. The colors were suppose to be tan with off-white & reddish-black. I was trying for a stained & scorched scroll look. I guess I'll try something different this time. Just how big does the background have to be to cover the whole screen? I thought I had gotten it big enough this last time. The image for that background was 1280 x 720.

>>7422839
Thanks!
>>
>>7423561

I think you're looking at the wrong way. It's not about the size of the image, but the way the elements of your game are presented relative to each other.

The closest comparison I can make is CoC. It has the "old scroll" background, but that extends to every "player usable" element of the page and beyond. There is a distinct border between the text area and the edge of the game window. In short, the artistic intent does not impede functionality.

What you should look into isn't just making the image bigger (or automatically stretching it to fit bigger/wider monitors), but making sure the text window doesn't bleed onto the image's edges. Alternatively, you need text that is visible regardless of background. One solution to that (taken from the gif-maker's playbook) is white/black text with an outline of the opposite color, so that it's visible regardless of which background it appears over.
>>
>>7423529
I just want that we can finally do something with our tf. Right now, it's just an upgrade to your armor and if your fetish happens to be latex and not slime, you are fucked because your armor is just weaker. Also, if you tf into something, your new kin still attack you. What I also dislike is that at the events where you can save someone or not and I would like to have something special for not saving someone, beside watching them tf and then attack me. I want them to be friendly towards me if I'm the one helping them ffs
>>
>>7423597
>white/black text with an outline of the opposite color, so that it's visible regardless of which background it appears over.
that's genius
>>
>>7422914
she ain't topless if she still has a bra...
>>
>>7422954
>super heroines (dcs) getting banged,
If you don't add Starro somewhere in there he'll come get you in your sleep.
>>
>>7423188
>you can only defend, so you gotta seduce em with behaviour, disguises, pheromones gifts, dancing, who knows.
Monster Hunter Ultimate Lewd. Do it.
>>
Why is /weg/ so shitty? It's practically /v/ tier.
>>
>>7423732
/stg/ was on /vg/
/stg/ was arguably the worst general on /vg/
/stg/ moved to /aco/
/stg/ continued being /stg/ on the new board
the particularly terrible shitposters broke off from /stg/ to create /weg/
>>
File: 1479837702111.png (111KB, 697x629px) Image search: [Google]
1479837702111.png
111KB, 697x629px
>>7423561
Brutal honesty and constructive criticism. I'll try to keep it concise.

1. Writing - It's not good. It's not just about the quality of the writing, but the overall feeling of neglect and apathy I get from reading it. There are numerous grammatical errors, very poorly structured sentences, etc. It feels both uninspired and rushed. Also, see pic related. This is exactly what everyone complains about regarding Fenoxo's games; don't turn your game into "click a button, read a novel." If you're going for a CoC-like, shorter text that focuses more on scene variations based on your character's physical appearance, TFs, etc, rather than static blocks of text.

2. Code - It's still bad, and getting worse. The problems other anons have already pointed out persist, and continue to multiply with each update. I can only assume you have no coding experience at all. Also, you are using the wrong story format. Yours is designed for very simple CYOA games, which you are not making. For actual 'games,' sugarcube is the only worthwhile option short of sugarcane, which is pure javascript. The longer you delay this switch, the more difficult it will eventually be.

3. Interface - Too much time is being spent on it by someone who has no idea what they're doing. Poor background choices with conflicting colors, difficult to read font, lack of separators between element choices, etc. The fact that you have these UI elements without any CSS or Javascript in your game is very telling.

My advice: Start over. Toss everything out. Spend a month or two writing out your game, working on your writing, and learning more about SugarCube/Javascript/CSS if that's what you plan to make this in. I've been helping other people with their Twine games for over two years now, and it is immediately obvious that this one has a very limited future unless many fundamental changes are made soon.
>>
>>7423932
>My advice
Who are you?
>>
>>7423936
Nobody worth a damn.
>>
i want to finish starless:nymphomaniacs paradise, but i had it on a hard drive that got fried, which one of the links in the vndb link is the english uncencored? the torrent is down it seems
>>
>>7423936
Why does he need to be """somebody""" to give advice?
>>
>>7423188
I'm going to use all caps to show emphasis.

PLEASE KEEP ME UPDATED THIS IS EXACTLY THE REASON I'VE BEEN LURKING THESE THREADS FOR MONTHS. MAKE THIS GAME. I WANT THIS GAME.
>>
>>7423932
Do you think there's room for a game that will be 'work hard to obtain novel'?
Or do you think in almost all cases it's better to keep things short?
>>
>>7424158
I'm sure there is an audience out there for people looking to read novels. I mean, people do read and pay for Fenoxo's crap. But at the same time, a key element in so many CoC-likes is player customization, and all of that is lost if the player gets to read the same static block of text regardless of what their character is like. It's far too difficult to write lengthy amounts of text for every conceivable option, but I would look at something like FC as a middle ground. The text is long enough to fill up a page worth of content, but also short enough that bits and pieces of each scene can be dependent on how the player or the slave look.

Short and modular text adds immersion, and gives the player the feeling that his choices actually matter. It also adds variation and replayability. Of course, if the dev isn't going for player customization as a primary component of their game, then static blocks of text work fine.
>>
>>7421465
I don't know if you're still here dev, but one really simple and quick suggestion for your loli is this:
Eyes are sisters, not twins. So try not to make them look the same.
One really easy way to do that is to try closing one of them, like in a wink.
It might be a nice bandage solution.
>>
File: rawInventory.png (15KB, 834x669px) Image search: [Google]
rawInventory.png
15KB, 834x669px
Here's a pic for the anon that was asking for some sort of update for the inventory screen. It's now at the ugly-as-sin-but-functional state.
>>
>>7424482
what am lookin at?
>>
>>7424663
Creep Vine Goo.
>>
>>7424692
x1
>>
>>7424663
>a pic
>the inventory screen
>>
Is the preferred artist option broken in TiTS? I have Adjatha and Cheshire selected, but I keep getting other artists for busts I KNOW that one of the preferred two did. Like I have Gats or whatever for Syri, and my rival.
>>
>>7421259
Gangs n' Whores. Sadly dead as a doornail if memory serves
>>
>>7424742
It doesn't seem to work as intended, but you can see for yourself how the portraits are organized, and it isn't nearly as neat as what the menu choices present.
>>
>>7424158
Do you want to work hard to obtain novel? If you do, go ahead, write your novels. If not, don't fucking do it.

If you want others opinion: I see it as "work hard to be bored".
>>
TiTS 0.7.50 Backer Build (Tracking Removed)

Normal Game
.swf:
https://mega.nz/#!zcICxKJa!CxQNnOb886rtpolJcS1gLLIxu2JdoOX32CiIjWHMYFQ

.apk (ARM):
Still pending analysis.

White Syri Edition (Restores Cheshire's original Syri bust)
.swf:
https://mega.nz/#!aEpiSYDY!WGAVK1_drS0oYRhhwgAdNlV_w-gYOZjvKcaBYyvmpZo

Notes:
I don't keep old versions hosted.

Firefox users may experience problems with Mega links.
>>
>>7424938
I don't know how detailed you can get, but how many words would you consider a 'novel'? I'd imagine anything past 1K words is too much, but is 600 still too much? Does it need to be kept in 300 word batches?
>>
>>7424997
go away fenoxo
>>
>>7423736
even worse than kat space penis?
>>
>>7424938
I enjoy long scenes, i don't mind "novels" at all
>>
>>7425037
Glad I'm not alone then.
I think there's a happy medium. I mean, if you're playing a text adventure game, and you're not willing to read, then... uh...
>>
>>7425058
Every game should be a spreadsheet simulator.
>>
>>7423972
The game only has like one good ending, so take a chill-pill
>>
>>7424987
>my game still shows Gats's bust over Cheshire's

FUCKING WHY. FEN YOUR GAME IS SHIT.
>>
>>7425105
There's a gear in the top right corner of most busts. Click that and you can manually select Cheshire's.
>>
File: ineveraskedforshame.jpg (54KB, 603x393px) Image search: [Google]
ineveraskedforshame.jpg
54KB, 603x393px
>>7424809
Different anon here, damn that game had potential.
>>
>>7421300
underrated post
>>
>>7425078
? spreadsheet means detailed gameplay, lots of mechanics. How lengthy a text game is has no bearing on whether or not it's a spreadsheet simulator
>>
File: relevant_to_my_interests1.jpg (60KB, 600x603px) Image search: [Google]
relevant_to_my_interests1.jpg
60KB, 600x603px
>>7423151
>>7423152
>>7423155
>>7423161
>>7423171
>>7423188
>>7423200
I will be monitoring this project
>>
I hate how femboys aren't accounted for in the treatment in TiTs
>>
What game let's you be punished by futa orcs?
>>
>>7425470
Mine!
>>
>>7425506
Which is...?
>>
>>7425519
It's a secret!
>>
>>7425470
Androgyny quest or whatever that was called.
>>
File: futa orcs.jpg (145KB, 1200x899px) Image search: [Google]
futa orcs.jpg
145KB, 1200x899px
>>7425470
>>
>>7425681
Incase does a beautiful render, but the man arms on the right futa bother me.
>>
>>7425690
It's a fucking orc, they're benching.
>>
>>7425690
futas are usually disgustingly muscular tho. and so are orc women.
>>
>>7425717
get out faggot
>>
>>7425722
no!
>>
>>7425690
>>7425716
>>7425717
She does have a huge pair of hands.
>>
>>7425181
>spreadsheet means detailed gameplay, lots of mechanics
You misunderstand what I want. I want literal spreadsheets.

>tfw warned for friendly banter
Guess this is what happens when newfags flood the site.
>>
>>7424482
yay
>>
I want games with sexual content I enjoy.
>>
>>7425803
Sounds like a great concept.
>>
I'm turning into a slut. Help
>>
>>7425948
No turning back, just go deeper.
>>
>>7425745
You should follow Arumba on twitch then, I have cum many times to those sweet sweet spreadsheets. Hes soothingly arousing voice combined with xml upon xml of spreadsheets is just heaven
>>
>>7424987
So what is the Exhibitionism perk added in 0.7.50?
>>
>>7425990
Not a clue. I just upload the crap.
>>
>>7425989
>facecam
Disgusting. Why do people do this?
>>
>>7423161
>>7423166
What does FOBS stand for
>>
File: Shree-n-Requi-resized.jpg (68KB, 957x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Shree-n-Requi-resized.jpg
68KB, 957x1500px
>>7423932
Thank you for your honesty & constructive criticism. I can not improve without good feedback.

1. writing - The poorly structured sentences are probably due to my dyslexia & I am not sure how to fix that other than with editing from someone else who isn't dyslexic. The grammatical errors I can learn to avoid with practice & a lot of refresher courses in grammar. The apathetic & rushed feel, I wonder if that is because I write most of my scenes during the few hours I have between getting off of work & going to sleep when I don't have much time & am wore out from work. Not much I can do about that, but to improve what I can of the other issues, are there any tutorials or resources you can suggest?

Ignoring the length of the scenes, what scenes are the best, which ones are the worst for the apathy, uninspired & rushed feel? I need to know which ones are closest to being on the right path & which are hopeless if I want to improve.

2. Code - Are there any articles, resources or tutorials you can suggest to help show me what coding pitfalls to avoid so I stop blindly stumbling into them? That's exactly how I feel at the moment, like I'm blindfolded & in a dark room, stumbling into traps & problems I can't even see, even though everyone else seems to be able to.

3. Interface - If you think the current background is hard to read on, then you should have seen the first one I made. It was much more difficult to read anything on that one. The reason I haven't used any CSS in making the UI is because my brain fries every time I try to do the tutorials for it. >>7423597 << I want to do a better UI, but that was best I could cobble together without using CCS. :(

Guuuhh... I will hate having to rewrite everything, but if that is what I have to do, then do it I must. I will not abandon the game, I have to keep working on it. There is no choice but to continue going forward no matter how hard it may be.
But first, sleep calls & must be answered.
>>
>>7426083
You need an actual editor person, someone who knows what they're doing, to actually condense down and show you exactly what's redundant.
For instance, there's an humorous edit of two paragraphs of smut in TiTS being condensed into a single line. And following that, quality and readability was arguably improved.
>>
Has there been any updates to Tales of Androgyny? How many quest lines/endings are available currently? I've found the inn ending, merchant ending and the trudy quest.
>>
>>7426083
In regards to code, I am no professional but I'd recommend checking out the programming general in /g/. Take a look at how code is structured for readability, there's a logical flow. If you have no experience, try and download some resources or check some YouTube videos.

Additionally (and I'm gonna sound like a shill but) there's a site called Udemy which is a virtual school for lack of a better term. It has classes/courses you can buy that are structured videos and lessons created by professionals that you can do at your own pace. Normally, the classes are way overpriced, but there's a big sale going on right now (I think most courses are about $10). I've got a couple I've bought (notably for C# and Java) and they can be very helpful. Like I mentioned before, there are free resources you can utilize as well.
>>
>>7426373
Classes are good. You can learn how to avoid "the common pitfalls of coding" without them, but it'll happen through trial and error (which is not what you want when you're doing a project).

The project is doomed with a newbie regardless, though. Will have to either halt and restart in a year or two or just deal with increasingly worse structure.
>>
>>7426391
Or, if you're FCDev, have an extremely dedicated fanbase on 8ch that hates you devote enormous amounts of their time fixing your code.
>>
File: 1482159269813.gif (49KB, 1352x666px) Image search: [Google]
1482159269813.gif
49KB, 1352x666px
Content has been a bit stale lately, so I guess I'll dump what I've been working on.

It's a currently unnamed lewd roguelike; near-future, post-apocalyptic. I've been wanting to develop it for at least a year now, but haven't had time to actually start on it until last week. Thematically, it draws bits of inspiration from Wasteland, Fallout{1,2}, The Road, and The Last of Us. Mechanically, many of the planned features (base/power grid building, vehicle construction, etc.) were introduced to me through Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead. The intended level of autistic detail will naturally come from Dwarf Fortress.

Pic related shows a basic ASCII map, character movement, and a shell UI. It's not much yet, but it's at least more than an idea or a doodle. I am working on an optional tileset, since ASCII can be a mess at times, but that has a very low priority at this stage.

Regarding lewd content, the fetishes of interest to me personally (and thus, the ones that will see implementation first) include: rape/kidnapping, slavery, bestiality, pregnancy, incest, {fem,lez}dom, monster girls (e.g. kitsunes), questionable ages, ryona, headpats, happy romantic relationships, and guro. The visibility of such content would largely depend on the player's actions, since roguelikes are generally not story-driven. Some of that content is obviously a major turn-off to some, and I do plan to implement a per-fetish toggle. There will be absolutely no furries, nor a Patreon, and I have no plans for TF content. Much of the lewd content will be centered around 'interactions' with NPCs, rather than lewds-through-combat. For that, I intend to use a completely different UI (think of Fallout 2's NPC interaction screen, or the eragames).

Anyways, I'm not going to split this into multiple posts, so I'll end it here. Keep your expectations flat on the floor and I'll do my best to make this something other than vaporware. In the meantime, enjoy the TiTS posts.

t. commie / spaghetti / cunt
>>
>>7426406
?
>>
>>7426409
>lewd roguelike
fucking finally
>>
>>7426409
>rape/kidnapping, slavery, bestiality, pregnancy, incest, {fem,lez}dom, monster girls (e.g. kitsunes), questionable ages, headpats,
You're a good man, if it wasn't for the parts that I cut out.
>>
>>7426451
Yeah, I know there's definitely some fetishes there that won't appeal to many. But I won't force it on anyone; everything will have a toggle and disabled fetishes will be omitted entirely. Though I am also just developing this mainly for myself, so I'm not aiming to please any particular audience.
>>
>>7426373
>sending him to /dpt/

Anon if you're still here, go anywhere on the internet for advice except that place.

Even /agdg/ is better.
>>
>>7426484
I'm not telling them to interact with the people in /dpt/, just observe the code monkeys in their natural habitat. Regardless of how shitty the code is, guaranteed some autist that does know what they're talking about will come round and point out pedantic little thing wrong.
>>
>>7426488
Fair enough. But I will maintain he is learning more by making mistakes and googling error messages than reading 1000 posts debating this language vs. that design pattern for a difference of performance measurable in attoseconds.
>>
>>7426496
Multi-thread arguments about proper linebreaks and indentation made me the man I am
today.
>>
>>7426496
No. Fixing error messages is barely important. You do that through SO/Google and even a monkey could do it.

These h-games are not small projects, you must learn patterns to prevent yourself from being locked into a bad situation in the future. The last thing you want is to be in a circumstance in which anything you want to add to your project requires hours of work just because you need to go through a book of terrible old code.

Performance is not really important either, seeing as CPUs are so fast, so it's about making code that's maintainable, rather than fast. For a text-game to become slow one would have to actively fuck up, too.
>>
>>7426496
Trial and error doesn't teach you to code right, really.
You have to know what the language is capable of to go with an acceptable design for what you want to achieve, not even considering optimisations.
>>
I'm trying to make a fertile sex doll in TiTS, but I'm having a bit of difficulty getting all the perks I want. I haven't found a way to get my cyborg score up - for each part that is synthetic you get a higher score, but nothing on the wiki that I can find lets me add synthetic parts.

Also, are there similar games to it? I know of CoC, TiTS, and Slablands, but other than that most seem to use a different style or aren't really my thing. A lot of /d/ games are also more action focused, which is harder to do one handed.
>>
>>7426451
>cutting out happy romantic relationships

Nigga what? That shit is my jam, there needs to be more outside of kinky and rough sex. The cooldown/aftercare part is half the fun and why Sera in TiTS is a shit dom.

>>7426462

So long as they aren't forced, you can have a lot of different fetishes. One that I'd like to see more of is emasculation (IE: castration) leading into feminization/hormones. It doesn't have to be super detailed, it's just I like that in some cases more than magical transformation, but I fully know that not everyone does.
>>
>>7426622
Refactored my original post and forgot to put it back in. Originally I was going to call him disgusting for the ryona/gore, then call him a monster for happy romantic relationships.
>>
>>7426755

Ryona/gore I can understand, gore is tolerable for me if it's consensual (and, usually, reversible). I don't question anyone's fetishes though, we all have fucking weird kinks. So long as it's not forced (and it's possible to disable more extreme fetishes) I don't see a problem.
>>
>>7426622
>So long as they aren't forced
God I hope when you say forced you mean "forced onto the game" not "inconsensually done sex act".
If you mean forced sex/romance is bad we have problems.
>>
>>7426615
Unfortunately, there's no current way to do it in-game. You'd have to go through the save editor. (Which is actually surprisingly easy to use?)
>>
>>7426077
Forest of Blue Skin
>>
are there actually games out there where I can play or become a trap?
>>
>>7427089
Magical camp.
>>
>>7427089
yes there are tons.
>>
>>7427090
A game where I'm not finished in 20 minutes because it's an alpha version?
>>7427092
and what would some of them be?
>>
>>7427089
Yes, mine!
>>
>>7427093
>and what would some of them be?
CoC, Trapquest, trials in tainted space, to name a few.
you'd have a hard time beating magical camp in 20 min btw.
>>
>>7427095
>>7425506
>>7423467
Oh, hai there anon.
>>7427097
Ok, then I'll try Magical Camp. Cya
>>
>>7426615
nimin, flexible survival, both with a focus on furry
>>
>>7427106
do either of those have anywhere near a decent amount of content?
>>
>>7427121
Flexible survival has a shitload of content.
>>
>>7427106
I wish nimin had more content, it's one of the better coc clones imo.
>>
>>7427125
Does it still get updated?
>>
>>7427125
Wasn't CoC a Nimin clone?
>>
>>7427127
I think nimin legit used CoC's source (given freely) when it began.
>>
Any news on the game Night Games Mod? For me it was a very good game (mod) and had multiple modes depending on your play style. Unfinished, but still fun.
>>
>>7427126
No, development stopped years ago.
>>
>>7421189
Any body wants to create a visual/text novel where you can make various charcter settings etc. with multiple story templates, but there are random events/flags generated by a key, so everytime you start a new adventure you decide what kind kind of story/hero(ine) you want, so if you choose the same settings and decisions it isn't the same story, but you can load/save like in a normal vn, also you can add/make new story templates etc.

This is a big project, but i think it would be innovative
>>
>>7427168
import java.util.Random;
class RKey {
RKey(){
genrk();
}
String getks(){
return new String(key);
}
>>
>>7427170
boolean setks(String nkey){
if(nkey.length()==24&&nkey.matches("[A-Z]*")){
key=nkey.toCharArray();
return true;
}
return false;
}
>>
>>7427172
int mood(int... probs){
int s=0;
for (int p:probs) {
s+=p;
}
double a=0;
for(int n=0;n<probs.length;n++){
a=a+probs[n];
if(a>=lstc)return n;
}return -1;
}
void genmd(String genc){lstc=calc(genc);}

private char[] key=new char[24];
int lstc=0;
private void genrk(){
Random rx=new Random();
for(int n=0;n<24;n++){key[n]=(char)(rx.nextInt(26)+65);
}
}
private int calc(String xc){
int p=0;
int v=373587883;
char[] xca=xc.toCharArray();
for (char k:key) {
for (char n:xca) {
v+=v/1299709*104729;
p+=(k^n)*v;
p=p>>>2|p<<30;
}
}return p%5000+5000;
}
}
>>
>>7427170
>>7427172
>>7427174
This is the key I wrote, where you get the random events with
>>
>>7427175
I advise you post code where the format will not crap itself, and link (or screenshot and post that).
>>
>>7426106
>>7426373
>>7426391
>>7426484
>>7426488
>>7426496
>>7426499
>>7426517
>>7426575
Thank you for all the advice.

Since it will take a bit to learn & redo the code properly, to improve my writing & keep in practice, should I make mini CYOAs focused around single fetishes/situations & post them here? I don't want to be one of those people who show up with the start of a game, make a few posts, then just disappear for months, or never posts again.
>>
>>7427231
https://codeshare.io/5RBLPE
>>
>>7427168
Wouldn't that just be a near-random story generator?
>>
>>7427174
>p=p>>>2|p<<30;
what does this do?
>>
>>7427234
I was the poster previously of the mind that you're learning a lot by continuing to do that as long as you're making the effort to improve and simplify your design pattern each time and experimenting with new methods.

The other anons raised a good point. Many of these fetish games paint themselves into corners by tackling a huge scope without a clear, efficient design pattern and two things happen: either it becomes completely unmaintainable and they quit or it becomes completely unmaintainable and all progress grinds to a laborious halt because it takes a million hours to change something that should be stupidly simple.

As long as you wait until you're confident in your code structure before you embark on the "big" project I think you're going to be okay.
>>
>>7427244
It's Java, so '>>>' is zero-fill right shift (so you keep unsigned stuff unsigned). '<<' is your everyday left shift, and | is the binary OR operator.

tl;dr bitshift stuff
>>
>>7421599
Which game is that?
>>
File: 1.png (203KB, 909x828px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
203KB, 909x828px
>>7427235
could you choose a less bloated site next time? doesn't even load without javascript
>>
>>7427268
And I still don't get it.
What "OR" doing here?
>>
>>7427242
sure it's not rly random like human-made stories, you must add the mood flags/events in your story template, and computers work pseudorandom
>>
File: summarytable.gif (3KB, 377x103px) Image search: [Google]
summarytable.gif
3KB, 377x103px
>>7427277
See >>7424809

>>7427280
I'm not going to teach you logic programming 101.
>>
>>7427280
as far as i can tell the whole expression just puts the highest two bits at the start
i. e.
before
0 1 2 3 .. 30 31
after:
30 31 0 1 2 3 ... 28 29
>>
>>7427286
but p is an int.
>>
>>7427288
and why would that be an issue?
>>
>>7427288
it's a binary OR '|', not a logic one '||'
Each bit is applied separately.
>>
>>7427286
>big endian bit counting
Begone foul creature.
>>
>>7427286
>>7427244

yes,it's the ror function
>>
>>7427292
I fucking wish more high level languages had direct calls to ROR and co.
>>
>>7427250
So keep working on with the current game, while rebuilding a better version of the code in another file?
>>
>>7427291
do you unironically count
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
seems pretty unintuitive to me, doesn't it?
>>
>>7427290
Just checked wikipedia for this shit.
Last time I used binary or/and/etc was in school.
This shit is just for an educational process, no point of using it in real programming.
>>
File: eflags-register.png (181KB, 3033x989px) Image search: [Google]
eflags-register.png
181KB, 3033x989px
>>7427304
What kind of shit is this. Little endian bit starts at 0 on the rightmost one and climbs logically all the way to 2^N-1 on the left of the N-bit register.
>>
>>7427308
>no point of using in real programming
are you just lazy are do you hate arithmetics
>>
>>7427310
Re:intuitive or not, with LE you have a direct value link:
>reg.0 = 2^0
>reg.1 = 2^1
>reg.2 = 2^2
... all the way up to however high you want. Bit 0 is always 1.
Unlike BE, whose bit index decreases as value increases, and bit 0's value is dependant on total size.

Seriously, it's terrible. I know this is a largely biased opinion but fuck.
>>
>>7427302
One thing you need to decide before starting to learn anything is what you intend to write this game in. If you plan to stick with Twine (and by extension, TwineScript), all of the programming experience in the world will be of little value to you, because you're using what is essentially a language of basic JavaScript macros. On that note, you can actually use raw js in your Twine game, and would benefit from programming experience there, but you'll eventually hit a point where you realize it would be easier and more efficient to just write the game in HTML/CSS/JS without Twine at all.

If you plan to stay with Twine, the Twine forums are your best source for help. Thomas Michael Edwards, the creator of SugarCube, is particularly active and extremely helpful.
https://twinery.org/forum/

If you plan to learn a new language entirely, I personally prefer books, but it's currentYear, and video guides are the new fad. Of those, the only site that I've found useful enough to actually pay for is Pluralsight. You don't buy individual courses; one subscriptions gives you access to everything. I've tried crap on Udemy and elsewhere, and just didn't care for it.
https://www.pluralsight.com/
>>
>>7427327
If it was only arithmetic...
https://graphics.stanford.edu/~seander/bithacks.html
>>
>>7427377
>stanford
Pleb spotted!
>>
>game I actually like is being made
>devs forced to start over
well that sucks
>>
>>7427387
blame google, kek - first hit searching for the log2 trick
>>
>>7427337
that depends on how you count bit indexes, if you count from the lowest address it makes sense.
really, the issue in my opinion is that collections start with the lowest/first element first(i. e. "abcdef") while numbers start with the highest element first(100 rather than 001). The issue is very apparent in hex editors where 1 will be displayed as 01 00 00 00 if it's a little endian integer, while big endian looks natural.
>>7427308
don't embarass yourself so much anon
>>
>>7427421
to add to that, i'd argue that shifts and bit operations like xor,or,and... operate on collections of bits, while arithmethic operates on numbers, so writing bits big endian isn't that far fetched.
>>
>>7427302
Build your design documentation. Completely, 100% flesh out the systems you're going to build and use in the game so when something if fucked up, you don't have to think "what the fuck did I want to do here?" Instead, you can pull up your handy text file and know EXACTLY what you want.

There's two of you right? While the programmer learns shit, the other one builds the game
>>
any news on the next slut academy update?
>>
>>7427458
I don't think JF lurks around here.
>>
>>7427461
nuts. do you know what forums he frequents?
>>
>>7423152
>>7423151
You should definitely add blush. For cuteness.
>>
>>7427458
>>7427465
I haven't seen JF outside tfgamessite. He posted there recently saying something to the extent that the next update is coming, but in a matter of months, not weeks.
>>
File: daughter-of-Ra'ti.jpg (68KB, 996x1000px) Image search: [Google]
daughter-of-Ra'ti.jpg
68KB, 996x1000px
>>7427371
Thanks! I've bookmarked the site for when I've figured what I'll be writing the game in. That is something I will have to give some serious & very careful thought to.

>>7427429
Thank you for reminding me about the design documentation.That is something I tend to forget about. Yes there are two of us, & sometimes one of our friends gives us some help with writing scenes, but this project has always been almost entirely mine. I've had at least a hand in almost all the scenes written for it & all the code work has been mine.
>>
File: 1436109721314.jpg (356KB, 822x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1436109721314.jpg
356KB, 822x1200px
Any ggames besides TiTS that do cum foodplay?
>>
>>7421276
why would you expect anything other than that?

Patron
>a person who supports with money, gifts, efforts, or endorsement an artist, writer, museum, cause, charity, institution, special event, or the like:
>a patron of the arts; patrons of the annual Democratic dance.

Patreon exists specifically for the purpose of supporting the artist financially in exchange for their continued service.
>>
>>7427498
TiTS does cum foodplay?
>>
>>7427498
Free Cities, Jack-o-Nine-Tails
>>
>>7427541
Free Cities was pretty lacking, last time I checked. There was cum used as sustenance but it lacked any of the thrill I was looking for. It's no fun if all the slaves eat anyway is vague nutrient paste.

>>7427534
TiTS has three (3) whole npcs that make use of cum in cooking or other food related things.
>>
>>7427591
>TiTS has three (3) whole npcs that make use of cum in cooking or other food related things.
I never knew this, who are they and how do they do it. is it theirs or the players?
>>
https://static1.e621.net/data/6a/9e/6a9e6de55415eca76b5511a50468fecb.swf
Try hold your breath as long as her!
>>
>>7427631
>personal best @ 2:15 while swimming
how cute
>>
>>7421657
Which game is this referring to?
>>
>>7427628
Only theirs unfortunately, though one of them alludes to using yours some time. Also all futas, because it's TiTS, of course they're futas. There's the the double dicked laquine girl who cums honey on Mhen'ga. You can milk her for honey to glaze a ham. There's the rabbit on Tavros who creams pastries. And there's Kally on Canadia, who makes alcoholic cum cocktails.
>>
>>7427511
The difference though is that fen isn't continuing his service. He just takes the money and goofs off. Most of what's done to the game isn't even him. Most patrons fund someone because they use that money to keep themselves going and invest the rest back into the art (more supplies, tools, etc)

Hardly any of fend money goes towards improving the game or funding artists or whatever. Most of it is just eaten up
>>
>TiTS tracks penis virginity
>Never does any scenes that make use of that
Why?
>>
>>7427899
>expecting fenoxo to write quality code
>>
>>7427899
Futureproofing?
>>
>>7427899
Well even professional games have lots of unused tracked variables and stuff that just never got finished.

On this smaller scale it indicates there was a desire to use this and then either put it off for later, changed their mind and didn't remove it or they just plain forgot about it.

I would say that you could have hope it'll be put to use one day. But, you know, fenoxo
>>
>>7427967
It's obviously just part of the info for people to see. Games have big info screens of their stats all the time and its just a cool thing to see. Except its typicaly how many of X enemy did you kill, how many enemys punched to death, miles walked, quests completed, bullets fired, accuracy% etc.
>>
>>7427999
I'll admit that I'm one of those people that enjoy silly worthless stats. Even in porn games. "why yes I would like to know how many fluid ounces of cum my character has produced" etc.

Also, checked
>>
File: EachPartyMember.png (760KB, 799x596px) Image search: [Google]
EachPartyMember.png
760KB, 799x596px
Finally have the next party member incorporated. Have to draft up some new event icons for them still. The last new mob sprite is done as well, so some metal tentacle animations are in the works.

Need pet names for the "Leyak"/ !not Mutalisk.
>>
>>7428073
Where do we get this game? I kind of like bug dick
>>
File: 1494187201695.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494187201695.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>7428073
bandita tiddies
>>
In Girl Life, does anybody know what Natasha does with the 5000 she keeps asking to borrow?
>>
>>7428073
>Need pet names for the "Leyak"/ !not Mutalisk.
"Lilev".
>>
File: GnW Project.jpg (543KB, 1920x1016px) Image search: [Google]
GnW Project.jpg
543KB, 1920x1016px
>>7421259
>>7421268
>>7424809

Hah, it's funny seeing that thing mentioned. I was one of the original programmers working on it.

If anyone's curious, it died paritally because the artist leading the project was a primadona who didn't want to do anything resembling hard work and got buttmad anytime someone criticized anything he came up with, and partially because we couldn't attract any decent writers.

He also had no idea about how to design a game and basically just wanted to make a disjointed copy of CoC, waifu spam and all, but in a different setting.

Actually, now that I remember, he also used to be really shit at communicating his ideas or designs for the setting, and any time I tried to get him to be more specific about how things should work he would always be really vague, but then when I showed him what I came up with he'd reply. "No this is how things should actually be."

I've toyed with the idea of picking up the project again, but I'm no writer and I'm not sure how far I could get on my own.
>>
>>7424987
How long does it usually take you to make working versions?
>>
>>7428449
About 5 minutes for each .swf. The .apks are being made by lance from 8/f/. He was away from his computer for the last two releases, but mobile builds should resume with *.51.

There's some suspicion that there might be tracking on the .apks, but if there is, it's not being done in the same manner as the .swf files. Lance can build android/iOS versions based on the stripped .swfs, so it looks like I'll just be posting the .swfs, and lance will build the mobile versions (which one of us will post as a follow-up).
>>
>>7421281
Obviously these people feel they are getting something worthwhile or else they wouldn't fund them.
>>
>>7428073
>A.P.A.D.
Cutest drone name.
>>
>>7421281
I mean, the entire point of the service is to be a patron of the arts.
It's just that Western devs are shitty people and squeeze money out of people.
>>
>>7428397
Is the source code available somewhere?
>>
>>7421259
>what is being paid with that money
Mostly their living expenses. If working on a thing is their full-time job and there are no other expenses, then they need that money to pay for rent and avoid starving to death.
>>
>>7428397
sad it died before it could become something decent.
>>7428466
Yeah, but maybe they are still paying for it because they already paid a lot and refuse to stop before they get something decent because they are stubborn?
>>7428663
>pay for rent and avoid starving to death
I don't think that that would be a problem in fenoxo's case
>>
>>7428397
god dammit, that game had so much potential...
>>
>>7428663
>then they need that money to pay for rent and avoid starving to death.
physically remove yourself from life
>>
>>7428660
https://bitbucket.org/BitStallion/gnw

Here's where we kept the repo. There's a good bit of unfinished work, mainly the combat system and the transition to a tile based movement system instead of the room based one we were using.

Also it looks like someone who came in after me decided to integrate lua to replace the existing event system, though I have no idea why. Mixing code and markup like that should get you whipped.
>>
>>7428294
Nothing special, at least I don't think it's ever revealed, she just comes from a very poor family. It's a plot device, so you can have her "repay" the debt with sex.
>>
>>7428294
I think she uses it to supplement income (since they're poor) and support her shopping habit. If I remember right, the game says the apartment is a hovel, but there's tons of nice clothes/handbags/etc around. I could be wrong though.
>>
>>7427999
>>7427967
>>7427937
>>7427930
Any ideas of how to implement a scene that uses dick virginity? Something technique related, stamina and endurance, or whatever?
>>
which games let me impregnate monster girls?
>>
Am I missing something? Did FCDev change something? I don't seem to be able to get my dairy FULLY INDUSTRIALISED.
>>
>>7429186
I was wondering about this in the latest build too. I built a dairy into one of the manufacturing squares but there seems to be no longer a distinction between hobbyist dairy and industrial milk baron mode.

Is it me or is shit fucking hard now? Can't keep my upkeep down, can't get enough citizens to raise sexual demand, I'm shoveling meat into the arcade but can't put away more than 20k per turn. Corporate war just began and I'm hemorrhaging cash.
>>
anyone got the latest tales of androgyny?
>>
Spent a huge amount of time dicking around with Sugarcube and ended up starting over with Harlowe because of how limited it was, but now i can't even get seemingly simple IF statements to work correctly. Can anyone figure out wtf i'm doing wrong?

*Character sets starting size*
(set: $boobsize to 0) *or 1, or 2, depending*

*Next room*

{(if: $boobsize is 0)[
Lul, try harder scrub.
](else-if: $boobsize is 1)[
Oh, you do have boobs!
](else-if: $boobsize is 2)[
Wow, those are kind of big!]}

No matter what it just ends up reading "Lul, try harder scrub" no matter what size you are when you go in. I also tried a version with the else-if being ">= 1" instead, but the result was the same.

Any help?
>>
>>7429245
Never worked with Harlowe but is there a way to ensure that the value is being set correctly? Can you go in the console and check on the variables?
>>
>>7428109
https://castlerock.itch.io/castlerock
>>
>>7429264
Honestly right now i'm just working from the twine browser set to harlowe 2.0.1 and idk how to even do that.

I also noticed that the (set $boobsize to #) now shows up in every other box except for the one setting it to 0? So there's that.
>>
>>7429289
Glancing at the documentation it looks like you can go into test/debug mode by clicking the bug icon. Maybe that will help? I dunno mang. The first thing I do with that sort of bug is just write everything to the console and figure what isn't firing.
>>
>>7429303
Sussed it! Knowing basic syntax will help.
>>
>>7429245
Use a real language friend.
>>
>>7429050
>virgin eater character that will only fuck your virgin dicks once each ("gotta love trial runs")
>if you don't fit the bill, she friendzones you so you'd need to go evil rape route to bang.

Boom, how to make dick virginity matter. And it's probably one of the bad ideas since it adds yet another character.
>>
>>7429389
probably bad because it limits content to not fucking anyone else before that point and making it almost impossible for people to find.
>>
>>7429389
>virgin eater mercilessly mocks virgins she deflowers to destroy their sexual confidence for life
>cult of ruined virgins worship her due to becoming emotionally dependent on abuse
>the greater good
>???
>compelling narrative
>>
What's a way to track if a player has been in a room before in harlowe? Or a way to track that with a numerical value and not just true/false?
>>
>>7429050
Simply adding a little extra text to most scenes where your character says they are a virgin would add a lot, but there is a lot to consider. For example if they are a futa and are not a vag virgin and a slut, they might not bother mentioning it. They may also want to hide the fact.
So this would take a fair bit of work, but I think doing things like this is neccessary for the kind of game it is (if fen wants it to be half decent).
>>
>>7429398
I assumed it was a CoC/TiTS setup where you can grow new virgin cocks as needed to bone her repeatedly.

>>7429401
Nice. I lack the vision for that kind of arc-sized stuff.
>>
>>7429422
If you only want that for a very limited amount of rooms, you can add a flag variable for it.
If you want to know that for every room, you want a container indexed using the room identifier.
>>
>>7428834
Not everyone lives in a socialist utopia, comrade.
>>
>>7429500
Nobody needs 30K a month to live and still not work on their game.
>>
>>7429653
Good thing most people don't make 30k a month, right?
If you were exclusively talking about Fenoxo, then ask a question about only Fenoxo instead of all of Kickstarter and Patreon.
>>
>>7429664
There are many examples of exorbitant patreon funding leading to the delay, dissolution or death of a project. See Akabur, Breeding Season, Monster Girl Island, etc.
>>
>>7429669
>a couple of large people being wasteful with their money means that no one on the entire system needs that money to survive.
You sure have a mature and nuanced opinion about the site, anon.
>>
>>7429653
I like how he whines about the codebase but he could spend a third of what he makes in a month to hire an ace engineer to completely revamp the back end and even build him a user-friendly CMS so he'd never have to look at the code ever again.

He doesn't because then he'd have no excuse not to be productive
>>
>>7429671
My issue is with the per-month funding model. That literally incentivizes slow updates and frequent delays. No one should fund a project that isn't on a per update system.
>>
>>7429675
Some Patreons (mostly non H-Game related ones) have a per-update payment system. Meaning, if the content creator doesn't post any updates to whatever they're working on, no one gets charged that month. This could obviously be abused if the creator puts out insignificant updates just to ensure payment, but many of the groups that I see using this type of model are working on things where updates can only consist of a uniform amount of content, so an update is always the same size/quality.
>>
>>7429683
I see that as the ideal arrangement and I think it should be the norm. Why isn't it? Are people wary of pledging because there might be three updates in a month and hit their budget too hard?
>>
>>7429398
Just requires being a cock virgin, probably easier for certain characters like traps than alpha rapers.
>>
>>7429685
For that system, the pledgers can actually choose how many updates they're willing to pay for (e.g. $5 per update, maximum of one updates). As far as I know, in that case, the pledger would only be charged $5 regardless of whether the creator puts out 1 or 10 updates, and I think the pledger still gets access to all of them.

The reason no one in the H-Game dev scene does this is because it means they would have to actually do work to be paid.
>>
So what exactly is Fenoxo spending that 30K on? Lets be extra generous and take out 5K a month for living expenses and food and basic shit. now hhe has 25K to spend on his game and what exactly is being done with it?
>>
File: 1470386812766.png (30KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
1470386812766.png
30KB, 192x192px
>>7429721
>>
>>7429675
>per-month funding model. That literally incentivizes slow updates and frequent delays
It doesn't. It's true that both patrons and devs are using patreon wrong, though.

Per-month can be both an incentive to keep working well or an incentive to never be out of projects, but not an incentive to make "slow updates". Because if your patrons become unhappy, they remove their pledge.

If it was like in KickStarter or something, your "clients" would have already paid you upfront and they're not getting that money back. Through per-month, they're only giving you a tiny portion of what they can give you, and you must keep working to keep them happy.

The issue right now is devs putting huge paywalls (which coerce people into paying when they don't want to) and then patrons refusing to take out their pledge out of a silly sense of losing their previous investment, even though by continuing to pledge they're only losing more money.

Maybe the problem will sort itself out when there are too many devs for too little patrons and people start choosing which ones to support.
>>
>>7429721
>now hhe has 25K to spend on his game
Patreon is not about funding a project, but funding a person. If he was literally spending it all on hookers, there'd not be a thing wrong about it. The only thing that matters is whether or not his patrons are happy about his work. And if they are not, they should just remove their pledges and let him dry.
>>
>>7429721

Well, I'm pretty sure he has at least two full-time "employees" so hack their living expenses out of it too.
>>
>>7429745
>If he was literally spending it all on hookers, there'd not be a thing wrong about it.
Wrong.gif
>>
>>7429758
Wheres the extra 15K going and why doesnt he hire competant or good artists and coders?
>>
My last TiTS character was a ultra exhibitionist catboy with a virgin tiny wang, trap balls, only caught anal, and produces 0 mLs worth of cum. Where does that put me on the /d/egeneracy scale? A 5?
>>
File: tits.png (36KB, 1304x639px) Image search: [Google]
tits.png
36KB, 1304x639px
>>7429245
Go back to Sugarcube and learn it

Starting room
<<set $boobsize = 0>> //or whatever the fuck you want//

next room

<<if $boobsize >= 2>>
Holy shit them some tuittays
<<elseif $boobsize == 1>>
Pretty average tits son
<<elseif $boobsize == 0>>
Your tits are a disappointment
<</if>>

This will work properly in Sugarcube 2. Pic related
>>
>>7429980
now try to make a function i
>>
>>7430007
http://www.motoslave.net/sugarcube/2/docs/functions.html
>>
>>7429245
The last else-if statement should be a simple (else:)[Wow, those are kind of big!] Don't mention the variable in the (else:) statement, you don't need to.

I know Harlowe use to act a little weird if there was more than one (else-if:) statement, but I haven't upgraded to the new version yet to see if that has changed.
>>
>>7429787
Depends on whether you're paying or not
>>
>>7421929

I imagine his Pateron is slowing down and coming to terms with the easy ride being over. Maybe unsure of spinning another half-baked CoC game that devolves into furry dickgirl waifu spam will keep him afloat to retirement.
>>
File: 1484287447213.png (52KB, 1094x594px) Image search: [Google]
1484287447213.png
52KB, 1094x594px
>>7430309
>I imagine his Pateron is slowing down
>>
>>7430321
Now what's the first derivative of that chart? Because that is what he was referring to.
>>
>>7430321
>Making more money
>Quick bitch piracy
>>
As promised, my introduction to Events (AKA observers).

http://venturega.me/index.php/2017/05/19/coder-tutorial-observers-and-you-events/

OOP relationships soon.
>>
>>7430325
Dunno about you, but my eyes say the derivative is pretty constant, if you forget the monthly spikes of retards.
>>
>>7430565
>if you forget the monthly spikes of retards
The spikes downward are actually just Patreon removing everyone who didn't pay when they were charged.
>>
Gonna need a new thread.
>>
>>7430567
That's what I meant by "retards", the doods who pledge but don't pay.

Oh, also there's a clear bump for christmas (the fuck?), but if you also take that out the increase is pretty linear (so the slope is roughly constant).
>>
>>7430618
>there's a clear bump for christmas (the fuck?)
Well, the dramatic fall when that month was charged shows that he didn't actually make that much more money for that time period.
>>
>>7430620
Exactly. I don't understand why christmas makes more retards fake-pledge.
Was there some sort of event planned?
>>
New Thread:
>>7430646
>>7430646
>>7430646
>>
>>7423155
Oh let's break it
DOWN!
Thread posts: 377
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.