[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /d/, I wanna make some pocket money with commissions but

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: hkhkfhfhdfgfh.jpg (129KB, 678x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hkhkfhfhdfgfh.jpg
129KB, 678x1000px
Hey /d/, I wanna make some pocket money with commissions but I literally never done this before. How do I even start? Pls don't bully, I don't even know where to ask
Here's an example of what I can do
>>
drawthreads on /d/ are a good place to get some attention. most people who do paid commissions started out doing free requests until they got too popular and couldn't do them all.
>>
>>7328831
Here is a list in no particular order.
>Go to the drawthread and do some free
requests for people to get to know you
>Create a blog/website/place where you can be reliably contacted and your work can be displayed.
>Create a commission sheet image with examples on what you do for and what prices. Features like sketch -> lineart -> simple color- > full color or stuff like multiple characters, bg, unusal fetishes If you are unsure check other established artists' commission sheets on how to do it.
>Have the commission sheet include topics that you do and more importantly what you will NOT DO, this saves time for both you and the commissioners.
>Make a terms of service which the commissioner must accept, where you detail the process steps of your work, methods payment delivery. For example, paid after a rough production sketch, commissioner requests for change, will 1 change be free 2 requires additional fee etc.It is VERY important to be clear with information like that so you can direct interested people to written agreements, it can avoid a lot of explanation and questions.
>KNOW YOUR LIMITS. Do not take too much of a workload if you are unsure you can deliver, be reasonable, it is better to take it slow and deliver everything for the customer than taking to much and burning out and delaying delivery.
>BE PATIENT, again BE PATIENT! Building a customer base is a slow process needing faith and diligence. Be a decent but firm person with customers, stick to your guns but be understanding, this is business.
>Also DO NOT STRESS, if you are not having fun you will not be able to produce quality work.
>>
>>7328855
Will try, thanks.

>>7328868
Thank you for the detailed guidelines. Saved.
>>
Commissioner who regulars /aco/
A gallery is a must along with price guides and such.
Also tell what YOU like to draw as well with your do's and don't. You might get some regulars if they share a fetish with you.
Also familiarity with fetishes and subjects too. I wouldn't go to an artist and ask for something you haven't drawn before.
>>
File: commissionrate_by_agawar-d8w7b1v.png (542KB, 800x2060px) Image search: [Google]
commissionrate_by_agawar-d8w7b1v.png
542KB, 800x2060px
>>7328921
Here is an example of of Ryo Agawa's SFW commission sheet from his DA, it is pretty clear and self explanatory. If you want to see his newest with NSFW content go visit is website.

I can only add that when you make yours make sure yours is updated and accurate with a date of effect have it at an easy to reach location so that any interested client could be instantly directed to it.

When dealing with clients make sure they read and understood the way you work before you do anything and if not send them there.

Be firm at sticking to your payment method, always consider the situation if it is worth it for you when people that want to pay you on different channels than your appointed one like Paypal. Or when they wish to pay with with "alternate methods" like buying you steam games, using devinatart points, bit coins or other methods. Some might be legit but it will complicate your life and they are much harder to keep track of. Also if you allow many people to do that you are needlessly complicating everything when it should be simple.
>>
>>7328831
I like that, how much you charge?
>>
>>7328981
Dunno, I need extra quick money so about $15
>>
>>7328945
>>7328949
Thanks you all. I'm a freelancer artist out of job atm. But I don't have NSFW or lewd gallery and that's the problem right here. No time to build it. Just wanted to know if I can get something for sketches like that. Maybe something little more lewdish.
>>
>>7329083
>>7329080
So where can you be contacted?
>>
>>7329115
[email protected]
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.