[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This seems like the right place for this. So each day for breakfast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: classic egg fuck.jpg (2MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
classic egg fuck.jpg
2MB, 2322x4128px
This seems like the right place for this.
So each day for breakfast I like to make myself a big meal so that I'm not hungry while I'm in classes and I don't have to buy food from the shitty campus cafeteria which is primarily just a bunch of chains. Anyway, so I've been doing this a while, and via advice from people and just figuring out stuff it's evolved into a fairly large and specific meal (pic related; the gross red bit in the middle is because I got my friend to pour some of his wine in there as a joke. I call the dish "egg fuck" because it has eggs in it and when you finish making it you step back and say "fuck"). I'd like to get an idea of what I could be doing better, so I'm going to go through each step and I'd like to ask anyone good at cooking to tell me anything simple I could be doing to improve the taste, or just different things to try in general. Numeric steps involve blocks of time, whereas the alphabetic steps are specific things being done during that time
1. Beginning
a. chop up a medium sized potato and start frying it with copius amounts of olive oil
b. chop up a bell pepper (I like red and orange ones for this, but sometimes I just have to go with whatever the store has that isn't cleary past its prime), half an onion, and some spicier pepper (I'm partial to Jalapenos, myself, but I've also used
Caribes, Serranos, Fresnos, etc. Just stuff that adds a bit of spicy but not too much) with half diced and the other half in larger chunks
c. start heating the oven up to 350
(1/3)
>>
File: spahged.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
spahged.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>62080
2. When the potatoes are brown on one side
a. throw the larger chunks of the peppers and onions in the same pan as the potatoes, and flip the potatoes (I throw in the chunks before flipping so that they aren't all just sitting on top of the potatoes)
b. crack three eggs into a cup and put in fair amount of salt, a quarter teaspoon of cumin, and a bit of melted fake butter (some kind of olive oil based thing; I think it's pretty good). Whisk vigoriously
c. cut off a couple pieces of italian bread and wrap in tinfoil
3. When the potatoes are beginning to brown on the other side, and the veggies are a bit cooked
a. pile all the potatoes and veggies into one half of the pan (can be more than half, but roughly) and put all the diced veggies into the now clear half of the pan (helps to move pan so that the flame is under this half, as the other half should no longer need to be cooked much)
b. cut up 3-4 grape tomatoes into quarters
c. peel 2-3 cloves of garlic and put it into one of those garlic crusher deals
d. dice one or two white mushrooms
4. When the diced veggies are almost done
a. put in the tomato and garlic with the diced veggies and mix around
b. put salt and cumin on everything
5. A minute or so after that when the garlic is getting brown
a. pour in the eggs over the diced portion of the pan
b. lower the heat a little (I'm mostly at six throughout, and at this stage I sometimes turn it to around 4, though I don't know how standardized stoves are)
c. put the bread in the oven
6. When the egg is fairly solid on the bottom
a. flip the entirety (this step is typically disastrous)
(btw, sometimes for dinner i do a similar thing but with pasta and no eggs; pic related)
(2/3)
>>
File: sbf.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
sbf.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>62081
(3/3)
7. When the egg is ready on the other side
a. take out bread and apply some of the fake butter to it
b. take a couple extra cherry tomatoes to go with the bread
c. sometimes i throw some thyme into the pan
d. slide contents of pan onto plate
8. Special extra stage: these steps can be done at any point just so long as they are finished by the end
a. peel three clementines and put the contents into a bowl
b. peel a banana and slice into three segments. Put this on top of the clementines
c. pour a little agave nectar onto them
d. get out some salad (usually just buy a salad mix from the grocery store. I think the one I have in the fridge right now is "spring mix with spinach" or something), wash it, and put it into a bowl
e. cut three grape tomatoes into halves and deposit them in the salad
f. cut up a white mushroom and deposit in salad
g. salt the salad
h. put about a cap-full of olive oil in salad as dressing
9. End
a. enjoy while watching youtube videos
b. yum!

So any advice would be welcome; my favorite thing about this dish is that, despite the steps layed out, I am always learning new things to try and changing it, so I really appreciate any ideas or tips.
Also, pic related is the fruit dish: I call it "Sloppy Banana Fingers". The pic is from an earlier time with some other fruits. Also wondering if I will die if I keep eating this every day, so let me know thanks.

(P.S. I forgot to mention that I put the mushrooms in with the tomato and garlic)
>>
I think I'm going to go make this right now. Going to try to fry some tempeh with it and see what happens. Not sure what stage to add it, though, so we'll see. Maybe someone will have had an idea from what I can try next time when I'm back.
>>
This doesn't sound bad but I've heard when your body regularly gets a ton of food rather than smaller manageable meals throughout the day it's not good for your pancreas or digestion

That being said might be cool - I'll give it a shot sometime
>>
File: wow thats a lotta food!.jpg (1MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
wow thats a lotta food!.jpg
1MB, 4128x2322px
>>62287
Hmm, I think I might have heard something like that; though I also remember hearing some guy talking about taking larger meals rather than smaller ones, so I dunno. Either way, I just can't beat the conveniences of a really filling breakfast.
You should def try it out; it's easy and fun!
Here's the one I just made.
This time, I tried putting some tempeh I had in there, and it was pretty good. Not something I'll be adding to it regularly, but a nice treat.
here's a pic of it all i took
>>
>>62080
>>62081
>>62084
How do you have time to do all that in the morning?
>>
>>62361
Well, this semester my first class is at 12:20 on MWF, so that gives me ample time so long as i don't sleep in.
But sometimes I do sleep in and I don't have as much time. In that case I'll usually skip making a salad or fruit bowl and just go for the main thing as fast as I can. I've had days where I haven't had time, but if I work fast enough because it's just frying I can get it done pretty quickly and a lot of things can be done at the same time as other things.
Tuesday and Thursday are tougher because my first class is at 10:35, but in general I wake up early enough to still make myself a meal.
>>
>>62361
Im guessing he just wakes up early.
I never eat in the morning (or more accurately when I wake up since I work at night) mostly because I like to sleep as late as I can. It's not great but that's what I get for going to sleep late.
>>
bumping this as i drink myself to sleep hopefully some cool hot hitns+tips will come as I slumber probably wont have time to make an egg fuck to be desu or mayhbe even make it to class but o k
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.