[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of fruit is this /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: svsf242fsffa.jpg (150KB, 754x565px) Image search: [Google]
svsf242fsffa.jpg
150KB, 754x565px
What kind of fruit is this /co/?
>>
Jackfruit
>>
>>58261
inside is yellow :)
>>
>>58261
Those are durians. Apparently they smell and taste like shit.
>>
T h i c c
>>
>>58261
Jackfruit
Too large and misshapen to be durian
>>
>>58298
>>58319
>>58325
>>58386
is it good?
>>
>>58436
a bit rubbery in texture, but pretty tasty.
>>
>>58261
this with banana and sugar and then wrap it in spring roll wrapper and deep fry it
>>
>>58436
They're very popular in Singapore/Malaysia. I think they smell like shit but supposedly taste alright.
>>
I don't know but the scale on that image is really weirding me out. They look huge because it looks like they're at the trunk of a tree but those stems are big and the surrounding leaves. I don't know.
>>
>>58436
I had them the other day. It tastes like an elastic sweeter cantaloupe.
>>
milkfruit
>>
>>58436

o lordy yes. Ive had days that I just ate jackfruit because of harvest time. even my poop smelled sweet and delicious,

and you can cook the seeds in coconut milk
>>
>>58611

it is Huge, Ive had jackfruit the size of a four year old.
>>
>>58325
its a jackfruit

durians are a lot spikier, smaller, and a more brownish hue
>>
>>58261
here we say it "Yaka"
>>
The actual part that you're supposed to eat isn't sticky, but the part around it is. Especially, if you just buy the whole fruit. It's hard to get the grease off your hands.
>>
>>58436
when its ripe, its godly. imagine nature's bubblegum flavored fruit

when its unripe its so-so, tastes like bland tofu but crunchier and harder. good for stirfry though
>>
>>58261
It's a Jackfruit, all right.
aka guanabana
>>
>>58261
I want to touch it
>>
File: file.png (203KB, 400x254px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
203KB, 400x254px
thought it was breadfruit from the thumbnail

but now I know how breadfruit came to be over here
>>
>>58261
Samurai Fruit
>>
>>58261
Uma Jaca.

Also one of the best fruits OAT.
>>
>>58596
I love Durian when it's not fresh, it's too strong when it's fresh. I like frozen Durians that are just thawing, taste like really strong ice cream.

I also like it in wafer format, and once, cake, it's hard to find Durian cake in Toronto.... I saw a Malaysian soap where a chef character made durian egg tart, would love to try.

My mother told me this story that there was this white guy in a Hong Kong wet market, upon observing a lot of Chinese people sniffing Durian fruits on display, he tried a whiff himself and promptly passed out.

Durian fruit also shows up in multiple HK comedy where they were used as a weapon... I think in one of the The Best Partner flicks, a guy was trying to run away, but when he was going down the esculater someone threw a durian that got him in the back of his neck...
>>
>>62721
Germans tries Durian and vomits:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_j3WzUzMZw

My recommendation to people who have never tried Durian is to try the wafer format first. Some Chinese market also sells opened durian, one or two pieces in wraps - try that first before you waste an entire durian!
>>
File: duranduran-640x638.jpg (101KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
duranduran-640x638.jpg
101KB, 640x638px
>>58261
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.