[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://youtu.be/MP_nWuLYpJw What does /cock/ think about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170401-231333.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170401-231333.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
https://youtu.be/MP_nWuLYpJw

What does /cock/ think about binging with babish?
>>
Good stuff. Wish he was more frequent with uploads.
>>
>>51238
I like it. Been meaning to try some of the stuff he's shown, like Il Timpano, but I've no idea when or where I would serve it.
>>
He's got nice presentation and all, but his recipes for things aren't very good. My brother is a chef and was giving him a lot of shit when he watched the Eggs Woodhouse episode.
>>
>>51238
doesn't seem to be a very good cook but he has the editing and gear to fake it.
>>
>>51801
Really, it's not that hard to get to his level of cookery. I won't lambaste him for his lack in technique when his audience really doesn't care.
>>
>>51676
What for, exactly? I'd like to try it and I'm not enough of a chef to know what he was fucking up.
>>
>>52297
It's been a while to pick out the specific complaints, but I think the beschemel ruffled his feathers.
If you follow his recipe, I think you'll be fine with the outcome, but to someone that knows what their shit, he has some recipe flaws.
But still, for as popular as he is, I think it annoyed my brother that he has weak recipes. I keep trying to get him to make a youtube series just cooking good meals.
>>
>>52678
His channel is not simply a cooking channel, but one about recreating dishes from /tv/ shows and what not. That and his production value makes for great entertainment people can get into.

Just having 'good meals' does not make a successful YT channel.
>>
>>52678
The beschemel? As I recall, it was fairly standard operation. His hollandaise method was a bit weird to me, and since I don't have an immersion blender I was just going to use Chef John's method.
>>
>>52816
I mean, yes and no. Most of his episodes do the meal as faithfully as possible, and then when it doesn't work out he remakes it with a bunch of trumped up ingredients and whatnot so that it barely resembles the original idea.
>That and his production value makes for great entertainment people can get into.
>Just having 'good meals' does not make a successful YT channel.
I never said anything about his production, the guy has it down. Good workspace, good tools, good lighting, good editing, good sound.
I would argue that there is space for a good cooking channel, though. I only watch Gordon Ramsey videos for his actual cooking videos, and they are likewise great presentation videos. I just wish they weren't spaced out so much between all of his shitty TV shows.
>>52940
It could have been something else, I don't remember specifically.
>>
>>53283
I feel like someone is going to make a channel that combines the food of Ramsey, the production of Babish, and the 'simplicity' of the Primitive Technology guy, and make a fuck-load of money.
>>
>>53556
AlmazanKitchen already exists though their food being Ramsey tier is debatable.
>>
File: 1296464008603.jpg (42KB, 434x308px) Image search: [Google]
1296464008603.jpg
42KB, 434x308px
>>51238
>hey reddit food
>>
>>53590
>AlmazanKitchen
Huh, didn't know about that channel. That guy is doing it pretty right, and with 450,000 subs.
Looks like there's some room for improvement, though. Like, it seems that his videos would be more for novelty's sake, since they're all "woods cooking".
>>
>>53283
>and then when it doesn't work out he remakes it with a bunch of trumped up ingredients and whatnot so that it barely resembles the original idea.
Didn't he only do that with the Always Sunny episode? And let's face it, there was no way you could be faithful to the milk steak recipe and make it good.
>>
>>54317
Does it not happen more? I could've sworn it did.
Oh well.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.