[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a thread about the MC Bat Commander (Christian Jacobs),

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: MC_Bat_Commander.jpg (26KB, 280x255px) Image search: [Google]
MC_Bat_Commander.jpg
26KB, 280x255px
Can we have a thread about the MC Bat Commander (Christian Jacobs), cause I was listening to Magic Chicken while I was making coffee and it struck me what a decent guy he is.

I mean, not just anyone works his ass off as an indie punk rock/ska band for years with the eventual end-goal of...making a tv show for kids. And he got to do that! TWICE!

And the fucked up thing is that hardly anyone knows who he is. After Yo Gabba Gabba and the Aquabats fade out of the public eye, all his hardwork will just be a bunch of happy memories.
>>
>>49647
He was super rad
>>
>>49647
I was first introduced to Aquabats at 7am on an acid comedown. Truly incredible.
>>
>>49702

I'll tell my mom and dad.
>>
>>49647
I fucking love Aquabats. Seeing them live was a personal highlight of my life.

Also The Aquabats Super Show! was too good for this world
>>
>>49647
Why didn't he shorten his name to McChicken instead of Magic.
>>
I don't know what kinda music the aquabats is even supposed to be. Even when they had the brass it was kiddy shit no adult should be caught listening to. But I love it anyway, catchy goofy tunes that are easy to sing along to.
>>
It sucks having discovered them way too late. I'll probably never see them live. At least I have some actual costumes some members wore.
>>
File: 1490837106333.jpg (17KB, 236x282px) Image search: [Google]
1490837106333.jpg
17KB, 236x282px
>>49647
"I just find it hard to believe that The Aquabats! Super Show! is really over. I mean, we haven't even made any toys yet".

all he wanted was an official Aquabats toyline

why must good people suffer
>>
>>56850
Ska. They played Ska and it was a really popular genre for a while
>>
>>57384
post pics bro
>>
Honestly he really seems like a great guy.

I remember years ago I listened to him talk on some random podcast about his early adulthood and how he was kind of a lazy piece of shit with no job and he was kind of a jerk older brother who turned his life around. As someone who was in the exact same position at the time, it was nice to hear he turned out ok and got to work on his passion projects even if they didn't get the recognition they deserved.

The aquabats are pretty much pure happiness and campy fun. He just wanted to put good things into the world, man. I have a lot of respect for that.
>>
>>49647
Take it from a long time Aqua Cadet,The Aquabats! have long achieved cult status and a general camaraderie among every fucking band on the planet.MC Bat Commander has spent decades delivering good vibes and fun times through ska music and everyone loves him,Crash,Eagle,Jimmy,and the rest of the team past,present,and probably future as well

The Aquabats! gave the world one of the best 3rd wave Ska albums (The Fury of The Aquabats!) Which also kickstarted the career for Travis Barker (he was The Baron Von Tito).They already had action figures made and continue to have them made.Maybe not a distinct and unique toy line,but they have tons of merch.

Yo Gabba Gabba! The Aquabats Super Show! tons of fun music videos and an overall decent catalog of music.

The Aquabats! and Christian have already cemented their legacy as one of the greatest rock bands in the world.Seriously,there are very few front men as influential as Christian,very few as charismatic,and overall wholesome for kids,teens and adults.

They still acknowledge their 3rd wave roots at shows,so there's always a pit to mosh,skank,and dance in.They love the kids and play shit like Burger Rain and the theme song.Going to one of their shows is always a good time.
>>
File: duckdave.jpg (124KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
duckdave.jpg
124KB, 1920x1080px
Yeah but he didn't get to be on Duck Dodgers like Dave Mustaine
>>
>MC Bat Commander will never convert you to the gospel of Jesus Christ
>>
File: super rad fireside.jpg (282KB, 750x1155px) Image search: [Google]
super rad fireside.jpg
282KB, 750x1155px
>>58171

opps wrong image
>>
>>57384

I saw them live and it was the best show ever, just so you know.
>>
File: IMG_2965.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2965.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>57700
The green one is the actual rashguard that Crash wears on the front of the Return if the Aquabats album. Orange one is also Crash's, both are signed by him too. Blue either belonged to Jimmy the Robot or Prince Adam. The dide I got it from couldn't remember who.
>>
>>57465

They played different things over the years. Charge is definitely not Ska.
>>
>>58268
I envy you. Lucky bastard
>>
>making coffee while listening to mormon-made music
ISHIGGYDIGGY
>>
File: 1486050235023.png (130KB, 232x198px) Image search: [Google]
1486050235023.png
130KB, 232x198px
Who else here /grewupinsoutherncaliforniainthe90's/?
Aquabats was the SHIT. Raddest bad to grow up listening to. I wish I had children so I could expose them to his TV shows now.
>>
>>49647
When I saw them live they gave a couple kids pool floaties shaped like sharks and had them race crowdsurfing to the rear of the hall and back to the front.
>>
>>59260
In Texas it's all metal all the time here. We beaners sure do love it. My only exposure to ska was through fucking Tony Hawk
>>
>>58228
There's more?
>>
>>57889
Truly a saint, the commander. He deserves more recognition than the reaction images that get posted here
>>
>>58345
You could probably get away with calling them New Wave, Devo was obviously a big influence.
>>
>>60754

Yeah, I would call Charge New Wave. The shift started around the Floating Eye of Death.
>>
>>60775
Floating Eye was their best album. I'll fight and then befriend anyone who says differently
>>
>>58268
I saw Ricky and Eaglebones playing with CJ Ramone but didn't realize it was them until halfway through the show.
>>
>>57384

They still play in SoCal, man. And their shows are one hundred percent worth going to, no matter the cost.
>>
>>61807
Yeah I'll probably take time off next time they announce something. It'd be awesome if it's one of those shows where Chainsaw or someone else pops up.
>>
>>61865

If you can, go to one of their Christmas shows. I went to one at the Roxy more than a decade ago, and it was absolutely incredible.
>>
>>61877
With the rumblings of opening up the old merch catalog and other stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if a new cadet summit were to happen soon.
>>
>>61936

Oh man. That would be the best. I think I know where my card is, too. Even though I don't look anything like the guy in the picture anymore. Ha!
>>
File: IMG_2967.jpg (1MB, 3186x2389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2967.jpg
1MB, 3186x2389px
>>61941
If they do cadet registration again I'm getting mine done in this. Got it made for me by another cadet who is fantastic with replicating Aquabats uniform stuff
>>
>>61967
I thought rotating the picture would work, oops. Fucking phone posting
>>
>>61967

Ha! That's great!
>>
File: IMG_0931.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0931.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So these pictures on the back of the Aquabats vinyls are very obviously edited version of comic book covers, one being lifted from a Daredevil issue. Would anyone happen to recognize the other 3?
>>
File: 1395639211398.gif (958KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1395639211398.gif
958KB, 250x250px
a quick story from Warped about 6 years ago
>Reel Big Fish was finishing and the Aquabats were up next
>Aaron Barrett shouts at the crowd "who wants some SEX!"
>Bat Commander, recognizing all the children in the audience and being light on his feet saves it with "SAXES, he said who wants some SAXES"
Christian is a really decent guy and I wish all the happiness in the world for him and the rest of them
>>
I remember watching Aquabats play live on Attack of the Show. Those were better times.
>>
My first exposure to the Aquabats was from watching the super show with /co/ in a stream for Dan Vs. I miss the hub
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.