[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm gonna rewrite the basic plot of MoS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: thinkin'_bout_buttfuckin.jpg (132KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
thinkin'_bout_buttfuckin.jpg
132KB, 1200x630px
The film starts dreamily and slow, like the trailers, and without any mention of Superman or Krypton. Instead, we are introduced to Lois Lane (putting up with the annoying personal assistant Perry assigned her, Jimmy Olsen) as she sets out to explore the globe seeking information on the mysterious indestructible Good Samaritan who keeps moving from place to place. The first act of the film consists of them following in his footsteps, retelling classic Superman stories through unreliable narrators and trying to piece together a narrative picture of the character. Finally, we arrive in Smallville where Lois meets with the Kents and hears their tale. Suddenly, the huge-ass storm hits and Pa Kent dies from a heart attack trying to get the neighbors to safety. Clark arrives on scene just a moment too late (Think All-Star) and is left in the ruins of the life he ran away from. Ma Kent gives him the old Kryptonian beacon/infodump as Pa's dying words were to "tell the boy everything" and Clark sets out with Lois to uncover the truth of his origin. However, activating the beacon/infodump/Maguffin/whatever also wakes up Zod's stasis ship and he beelines it to earth.

Lois and Clark (and Jimmy, why not) recount the now-unearthed story of Krypton just in time for Zod to arrive, demanding the infodump (Kryptonian property) and Clark (Kryptonian refugee) or he'll kill everybody. Clark fights him and wrecks Zod's shit as the Kryptonians cannot deal with their lasers and mech suits being so outgunned. When the dust clears, Zod runs away to lick his wounds as Clark sees the extent of the battle's destruction, unable to reconcile the sheer destructive power he holds. Clark has a heart-to-heart with his Mom. Meanwhile, Zod starts acclimating to Earth's yellow-sun conditions and going apeshit, destroying his men and blowing up his own stuff in a fit of power-drunken madness (Clark had a lifetime for his body to adjust, Zod has had maybe a day).
>>
>>44677
In the final act, Zod and his remaining followers come back and starts wrecking Metropolis to draw out Clark. Clark fights them to a standstill before refusing, flatout, to kill Zod. We get the whole "Stop!", "Never!" bit, but in the end Clark makes a deal with him; leave Earth forever and he'll surrender himself and the infobeacon. Zod agrees and backstabs him immediately, only for Clark to reveal that he overloaded the infobeacon to trap Zod in the Phantom Zone. Realizing he'll be stuck without A) his new godhood and B) any resources, ships, weapons, or followers, Zod flips out and tries to blow them both up. Clark lives, but uses the incident to go into hiding.

It ends with Lois giving Clark all her notes and the information they got from the infobeacon, so he can go dig up as much as he can from Zod's flagship (inconveniently wrecked in the arctic). Not long after, a new reporter pops in at the Daily Planet.

There. Basically the same movie, but infinitely less bullshit.

Did I make it better or worse?
>>
>>44677
Nigga I aint reading all that. We're sick to death of talking about MoS in general, what makes you think fanfic will make a difference?
>>
>>44740
It won't. I'm just drunk and sad.
>>
>>44704
>Clark to reveal that he overloaded the infobeacon to trap Zod in the Phantom Zone
???
>>
>>44704
>Clark fights them to a standstill before refusing, flatout, to kill Zod
This is dumb. If you want to rewrite a script, don't include a "Take that" to the shit you're replacing. Just have Zod and the kryptonians kick his ass.
>>
>>45077
I dunno. How about... the device that Jor-El used to get Clark to Earth shot him clear through the Phantom Zone, and Clark figured out how to reverse it using Jor-El's notes. ("Now son, if you ever want to trap something in that big ball of nothing, here's what you do...")
>>
>>45230
Yeah, that actually works much better.
>>
>>44677
>>44704
>>45230
I loved Man of Steel but I kinda like this too.
What bullshit do you think you removed though, anon? You didn't rewrite the basic plot. You left it very much intact.
Zod destroying his own men and blowing up his own shit seems necessary.
>>
>>45664
Better usage of the Kents, Krypton used in the recap instead of wedged awkwardly at the start, Clark grappling with self-sacrifice and protecting people but told in a way that doesn't make him look like an easily-cowed idiot, more for Lois to do onscreen, no bit where Zod destroys all of Metropolis with a terraforming engine... granted, much of that is just "I WANT IT, BUT I WANT IT BETTER THAN YOU DID MR. PROFESSIONAL FILMMAKER". I'm just wondering if there changes would actually improve things.

Like I said, I'm drunk and sad.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.