[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to clean a cast iron skillet? I cook

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

What's the best way to clean a cast iron skillet? I cook in mine all the time, and I know it's supposed to be seasoned, but I think mine is just sort of dirty at this point.
>>
Soap and water you filthy NEET.

Seasoning, i.e. polymerized fat like you get using the oven's self clean cycle, isn't that fragile.
>>
>>33881
>Soap and water

nope.jpg

Use hot water and a stiff brush or sponge. This is literally all you do.

Don't ever use a dishwasher.
>>
Bit of dish soap and a non-abrasive scrubber (kitchen brush or one of those textured sponges - no scotchbrite pads or steel wool).

Scrub it gently, don't leave any water pooling in it, dry it very thoroughly when you're done. Rub a tiny, TINY amount of cooking oil on it (so little that you can barely tell if there's any on there), then put it back on the stove and heat it up until the oil starts smoking.

My family and I have done this for ages with ours, and it's done us fine so far. It's a myth that you're not supposed to use soap. Really you're not "supposed" to do anything - it's a hunk of metal.
>>
>>33958
I put a cutting board in the dishwasher a while back. I didn't realize it was layered wood and not a block. I ended up with about 16 new cutting boards.
It got thrown in the trash.
>>
>>33776
>Water and a scrub
>when you finish that put that pan on the heat
>when it gets hot dribble a little bit if VEGETABLE oil in the still hot pan
>wipe the oil to every inch of the pan
>wipe any excess from the pan with a sturdy paper towel or dry, clean towel

Just like how you should treat your wife.
>>
>>34073
>ur not supposed to service your car its a hunk of metal LOL
>ur not supposed to clean your house its a hunk of bricks LMAO
>ur not supposed to brush your teeth is a chunk of calcium ROFL
>>
Blast it with piss
Rinse with sushi grade Himalayan pink salt
WA LA
>>
>>33881
FPBP

>>34508
It honestly blows my mind how much dumb, superstitious shit people believe about cast iron

It's like "this is an old thing from before we understood science therefore we should believe it's ruled by evil spirits"
>>
Why do Americans actually do this?
>>
Get one of these.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.