[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when thy made an acualy diverse ghost busters (The only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 11

Remember when thy made an acualy diverse ghost busters (The only white guy ghost buster is also disabled) and it was acualy good.
>>
How can people say the new film is progressive when a kid's cartoon from the 90s was infinitely moreso, and even managed to avoid all the usual character tropes that came with the era?
>>
>>94535689

Because it's easier to just say you are instead of actually doing research
>>
File: 1449439395263.jpg (258KB, 968x729px) Image search: [Google]
1449439395263.jpg
258KB, 968x729px
>>94535616
Egon looks like a blond James Rolfe in that pic.
>>
>>94535616
In all seriousness, why didn't they just make an Extreme Ghostbusters movie? Seems like it'd be a lot easier than to work from scratch. Also less likely to piss off whiny fans.

>but Ramis is dead!
And? We still got Ackroyd. Hell, get Hudson if you must. Not like he'd pass up a chance to be the cool old guy. Cause he kinda is anyway.

>>94535810
Gonna need you to post more Kylie.
>>
>>94536047

You look like a retard

>>94536162
>>
>>94536162
>>
>>
I never like Extreme Ghostbusters. Maybe it's a dumb reason but at the time I already caught on to the the XTREME meme. I may have been a bit too harsh on the series. But to get on my level think of Loonitics, but Loonitics will always be shit.
Overall, what a damn shame we didn't get something like Extreme Ghostbusters as a new movie.
>>
>>94536414

It was less 90s EXTREME and more Wes Craven body horror FOR KIDS!
>>
>>
File: Ghostbusters 2016 concept.png (235KB, 1058x835px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters 2016 concept.png
235KB, 1058x835px
>>
File: 1421638375551.jpg (901KB, 1532x2828px) Image search: [Google]
1421638375551.jpg
901KB, 1532x2828px
>>94535616
>>
>>94537635
Tldr
>>
>>94537819

Funniest thing about that image is that the person who made it watched the Toon Disney version, which was edited for content. He didn't even see the uncut version of the series.
>>
>>94535689
What I actually appreciate about this cartoon was it wasn't afraid to show the characters as flawed people, which is something a lot of shows in this day and age can't even get right. Like, the crippled guy was a bit of an ass at times and would often make light of his condition. I think there was a joke where he even went "Oh no, I can't feel my legs! Oh wait, I already couldn't!"

Oh, and the show had some legit terrifying shit in it too.
>>
>>94536414
For what i understand the "Extreme" part of the name was because they didn't have no idea how to name the serie

Captcha: gore cane
>>
I still can't believe the show got away with the Hellraiser references and body horror episode they were in...
>>
I honestly think only the original GB and this cartoon are good. The Real GB cartoon is watchable but nothing special aside from a few episodes. GB2016 is bad but watchable if you're at a friends house and nothing else is on. GB2 is boring as fuck, can't believe I ever thought that one was good
>>
>>94537635
>>94537819
This is the problem with Paul Fiege
He wanted to direct a movie he wanted to make, like Michael Bay. Get a director that wants to make a movie the same the the fanbase wants to see. Not some asshole who would want to see something similar like the source but change it to slate their own personal ego or corporate suggestions or politics.
>>
>>94537969
I really should watch GB2 again at some point. I know I liked it as a kid, but it's been well over a decade since I last saw it.
>>
>>94537942
90s and 80s had some shit they got away with, like the 50-70s got away with more light forms of racism.
>>
File: was it rape.png (1MB, 1509x884px) Image search: [Google]
was it rape.png
1MB, 1509x884px
was pic related the best or worst episode?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.