[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Stop liking Cyclops.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: woolv.jpg (39KB, 426x484px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
woolv.jpg
39KB, 426x484px
Stop liking Cyclops.
>>
>>94525259
He's dead (the REAL one). So is Logan (the REAL Logan).

It's not that hard.
>>
>>94525259
I never liked Cyclops, never liked him as a kid when I viewed him as some uptight boyscout, don't like him as an adult where I'm supposed to see him as some underrated martyr

Just don't like Cyclops, Wolverine is infinitely more interesting conceptually, Cyc is just a chad and not one that's been made likeable because of other reasons, like Superman or Batman
>>
>>94525259
Stop being a manlet.
>>
>>94525485
>Cyc is just a chad
>>
>>94525716
Headingsouthart sucks.
>>
If I do, would you give me Hanks phone number?
>>
>>94525485
Wolverine is too many fanservice-y things. He's a short macho biker, yet is also a samurai, he's angry and can go on berserker rampage, yet he can run a school. Because of his popularity he became too pervasive as well as too many things.
>>
>>94526192
I don't disagree that Wolverine's popularity was part of his downfall, that goes without saying, but him eventually becoming overrated does not change how I view other characters

Also
>Wolverine is too many fanservice-y things. He's a short macho biker, yet is also a samurai, he's angry and can go on berserker rampage, yet he can run a school.

Wolverine is the original badass misfit anti-hero, though. These days we're not short (no pun intended) on edgy characters or misfit characters, but Wolverine is the archetype in a lot of ways.....he's not a clean cut guy, he's not a nice guy, he's not a handsome guy, he's not a particularly good guy, he's nothing the classic comic hero resembles, and since those classic characters still exist so should Wolverine, and he still has that appeal as the best example of such a character
>>
>>94525259
I hope you realize that the Jean/Logan/Scott love triangle was never about Scott and Logan fighting over Jean,
it was about Logan and Jean fighting over Scott.

Yep, that's canon.
>>
>>94525485
I know people think Cyclops is a chad, but Cyclops is in truth, a skinny fucking nerd who bulked up at eighteen.
>>
>>94525259
What if Cyclops was as gritty and jaded as Logan? Like if he spent a century fighting in a postapocalyptic dimension without aging more than 10 years, then came back to the main timeline. Would people like him more?
>>
>>94527338
Cyclops has literally spent over a decade doing that on vacation, due to mental time travel. He didn't change much.
>>
>>94527338
As much as /co/ hates to admit it, why popular characters are popular comes down to being able to relate to said characters, people like to see some essence of themselves in their heroes thus why they look up to them in the first place

Superman is perfect in every way....but his alter ego is Clark Kent, the epitome of humble and earnest. Bruce Wayne might be a billionaire playboy but he's also a guy who rejects that lifestyle and instead dedicates his life to fighting bullies, Spider-Man get's all the girls but he's also a nerd who most people find annoying and started off as....well, an angry bitter nerd. People don't like Wolverine simply because he's gritty or jaded, they like him because he has no reason to be anything other than that yet he tries, he tries sometimes, and other times says fuck that shit and just is what he is, which in itself is liberating in a way, the fact that a character who doesn't fit in goes his own way and doesn't follow the path of others

What is there to relate to about Cyclops?
>>
>>94527202
I don't disbelieve you but I would like some kind of relevant page to add to my collection
>>
>>94526606
>Wolverine is the original badass misfit anti-hero, though
you're thinking of Enkidu
>>
>>94525716
JEEEEEEAAAAAAANNNN
>>
>>94527902
>What is there to relate to about Cyclops?
The responsibility of leading your coworkers, who you KNOW will blame you if anything goes wrong, but will never appreciate you if things go right?
>>
>>94527902
Cyclops essentially woke up one day to have all this responsibility, and very quickly, authority, thrust onto his shoulders and dragged into a lifestyle he feels ill-suited for but toughs it out anyway because there are people depending on him and the alternative likely involves getting beaten to death in some dark alleyway after starving on the streets for a few months.
just about every wageslave can relate to that.
>>
>>94527902
>>94528050
also the frustration that one of your coworkers is a unreliable flake who runs off to "find out more about myself" but everyone still keeps sucking his dick?
>>
>>94527902
Being shit on at every turn even when you don't deserve it?
>>
>>94527902
Cyclops, like Superman, teaches two hard truths:

1) Responsibility to do good is its own reward, and is largely thankless.

2) It's very easy to stray from the good path and become hated immediately.

The later point happens to Superman mostly in Elseworlds, while Cyclops had it happen in 616 multiple times, though on a smaller scale ("the betrayal" was usually on a more personal level, breaking his boyscout persona and affecting many relationships).
>>
>>94528050
If your argument is that Cyclops is the boss, not many people relate to that. Most people want to be the boss regardless of how people feel because it pays the most.

>>94528121
I feel like more people can relate to the guy who needs to leave the team he doesn't fit in with to soul search, than the boss who could hire anybody else to take their place

>>94528124
Hard to relate to when that person has it better than most of their friends, the biggest issue Cyc has is the fact that he has to wear sunglasses
>>
test
>>
>>94528250
>the biggest issue Cyc has is the fact that he has to wear sunglasses
if he fucking sneezes too hard and those glasses slip just a little, and he doesn't clench his eyes shut in time, that's hundreds of people dead.
he will spend his entire life fighting to stay alive because people like Mr Sinister, and things like the Sentinels, will never accept 'fuck off I quit' as a reason to leave him alone.
he got snatched out of a madman's orphanage by a mindbender who proceeded to groom this impressionable teenager into his perfect child soldier to fight on the frontlines of his ideological war forever, and he conditioned him so good that even his own mind rebels against him when he tries to run away like Logan does.
and Scott gets nothing out of being the boss. he doesn't get paid, all his teammembers freely undermine his authority at every turn, and every time he tries running things as he sees fit rather than just doing exactly what Xavier would do half his team fuck off entirely.

he biggest issue Cyc has is that since the day his powers awoke he's been coerced into making life or death choices so other people don't have to make them for themselves. every time a trolley problem arises ol' cyke is the one everybody turns to to make the call, an then blame him anyway for not finding a way to save everyone.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.