[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Why do some artists pussy out of drawing 5 fingers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: adventuretime.0.jpg (153KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
adventuretime.0.jpg
153KB, 1200x800px
Why do some artists pussy out of drawing 5 fingers?
>>
>>94520740
>5 fingers
>5 books in the jewish torah

coincidence?
>>
>>94520807
Really makes you think...
>>
>>94520740
Sneed is the only character who has 5 fingers
>>
File: falling thought.gif (469KB, 512x807px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
falling thought.gif
469KB, 512x807px
>>94520807
Really expands my train of thought...
>>
>>94520740
Because it is their style and it is easier to draw.
>>
So they can't flip the bird
>>
File: 1495753122946.jpg (45KB, 586x439px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1495753122946.jpg
45KB, 586x439px
Fucker, have you ever drawn a hand before?
>>
>character doesn't have a nose
>"why doesn't he have five fingers?"

I know autists are bad with faces but come on.
>>
>>94520740
Cal Arts
And it's easier
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 768x320px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 768x320px
>>94521040
Never say never.
>>
>>94521109
>4 fingers is calarts
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>94521109
>CalArts for something that's been done since fucking Steamboat Willie

Fuck you.
>>
>>94521673
>>94521693
Fuck you both

CalArts is inherently lazy.
They don't do anatomy
They don't do "On Model".

4< fingers is totally CalArts as what it teaches today
>>
>Steven Universe is calarts trash
>4 fingers is calarts trash

>Steven Universe has 5 fingers
You guys are pathetic
>>
>>94521834
SU changes their finger numbers all the time
When it's close, it's 5
But 90% of the time, it's only 4
>>
Fingers are the hardest to draw
>>
>>94521868
Anon I know that the art quality's incredibly inconsistent but you don't have to lie, they're almost always 5 fingers unless it's a far-distance shot. In fact one of the only things the show's fucking consistent on is having 5 fingers.
>>
>>94522062
Oh shit
Sorry

I'm pretty drunk now.
I mistook SU for SvsFoE
That changed finger numbers.

Though given the laziness of typical SU animation, I wouldn't doubt them cheating that hard
>>
>>94521720
Only D&M have four fingers.
>>
>>94522105
It's cool man, at least you're not being a faggot and admit it.
>>
>>94520740
I feel that the number of fingers can easily depend on the simplicity of the character designs. Sometimes with simpler designs, four fingers kinda work better.

In the long run, though, I don't really mind. I don't see it as an issue of laziness or the like, and simply aspects of design styles.

I honestly find it fun.
>>
Weird that no one said this yet.

Five fingers only fit on characters with certain proportions. Most cartoons are designed for four-fingered figures.
>>
>>94521834
Well Rebecca didn't go to calarts
>>
File: mickeypose2.png (117KB, 550x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mickeypose2.png
117KB, 550x500px
It was to save time on production in early animation. simpler/less shapes = less time to draw each frame. It might just be a finger, but the collective amount of time adds up with thousands of frames. Also, as a bonus fact, the white gloves were added so that the hands could read easier when everything was black and white, including the black bodies of the characters, like Mickey.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.