[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OC help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1785.jpg (126KB, 655x1003px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1785.jpg
126KB, 655x1003px
I'm wanting to write capeshit as a hobby.

I want one of my heroes to be "squid-themed" for no better reason than they're my favorite animals. Sorta like what Spider-Man is to spiders rather than, say, Batman who has no real connection to bats.

All I need is a name for him, /co/.

His origin is going to involve getting squid DNA spliced into him somehow. I'm thinking he's going to have camouflage/invisibility (through chromatophores), smokescreen-like ink, water breathing and the classic super strength and durability. I can't think on how to implement multiple arms without looking retarded or ripping off Dr. Octopus. Like a stealthy heavy hitter.

>Pic related
I want to rip off this costume so bad, but I won't. His costume is going to be black/salmon or black/dark pink.

I don't care if he gets stolen. I was just gonna post my capeshit to /co/ and other boards anyways. He's not even my flagship hero.

Thanks for any help
>>
>>94518542
Call him "ink" and give him a black manta kind of costume with organic black squids arms.
>>
Splatoon?
>>
>>94518542
It sounds dumb but why not ink constructs
>>
>>94518644
I like it. Beats my ideas.

"Black Kraken" or just "Kraken" was the best I could do.

>>94518661
Trust me, I know it's dumb. The great thing about doing it as a hobby means I don't need to sell the idea. I just do it for me.

Ink constructs are cool though
>>
>>94518789
Honestly Kraken isn't a bad name. I say roll with it
>>
>>94518903
Thanks for the help /co/mrade
>>
>>94518789
>>94518903
There's too many Krakens in fiction already. However [Adjective] Kraken is not a bad idea. I suspect Black Kraken is already taken though. I say keep Kraken in mind, but develop his look and backstory first, then decide what adjective to add.
>>
whatever you do have him have a thing for asian schoolgirls. Can't go wrong with tentacles and asian schoolgirls
>>
>>94518987
Question you got an idea on how he looks or are you focusing on the story first
>>
>>94519155
I'm using the OP pic as inspiration, but he's going to have the black/salmon color scheme instead of that black/gray. I'm going to switch up the design so it's not salmon on top of black like Superior Octopus.

Definitely morph that octopus logo into a squid.

But I have no concept sketches as of yet.

>>94519092
love interest is now Japanese
>>
File: guyverbeetle.jpg (446KB, 1768x960px) Image search: [Google]
guyverbeetle.jpg
446KB, 1768x960px
>>94518542
Just some random names I shit out, Cephalon, Cephaloman, Power Squid, The Writher

Oddly enough OP, I've been thinking about the exact same thing for a while about a character who's based on a killer hornet

The natural powers would be lethal stinging claws that come from the fingers (sort of similar to Miguel), and organic wings that enable very fast flight. Though he would utilize his natural venom through custom tech as well, with a custom venom pistol for ranged attacks and things like venom bombs

Where I'm running into a wall though, is determining his strength and durability....I can't seem to easily find much information about how strong or tough hornets are, and I've been going in between the concepts of him simply having enhanced strength and durability, utilizing light combat armor, or having some sort of an organic armored form that he can assume rather than a traditional costume all together

In either case, the look I have in mind is sort of a combination of Guyver and the Beetle aesthetically, obviously with more of a hornet theme

Also, apologies not trying to hijack the thread this just seems like a decent thread to talk about OC ideas
>>
>>94518542
Batman has a great connection to bats you dumb casual. From a historic to a religious point of view. It's thematic and he has had it since the fourties
>>
The lusca is a giant squid monster reported from the mainland, maybe call him that. the kicker of it is it's supposedly living in the blue holes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_hole

a really scary part of it is that it just takes a single piece of you, whatever comes off on one sucker
>>
>>94520896
I think he means he doesn't have any specific 'bat' abilities
>>
>>94520849
Not OP, but I do like The Writher.
It sounds like something you could use for a more horror-inspired hero.
>>
>>94519083
>>94518789

Captain Kraken?
>>
Surprised to hear you're not incorporating a science or intelligence angle, cephalapods are known for being smart and crafty little fuckers.
>>
>>94520849
>>94521183
That's a good name too

Also for the hornet idea I'd suggest more agility and reliance on his venom than strength. Have him be at like athlete or slightly super human strength but quick and having fast reflexes. Same for the armor too. Durable but not ideal for sustainable damage since flight is a factor
>>
>>94520849
OP here.

You're not hijacking the thread. This is an OC Help thread, my man.

I really like the name The Writher too. Writhe, Writhing-Man. Cool idea.

For your guy I'd say focus on the agility over durability. Make him quick and fast. Hornets don't strike me as a very strong animal (although I'm sure they are. Insects are crazy strong for their body size).

Try not to focus TOO much on the battle armor becaue Blue Beetle exists too although armor is cool
>>
>>94520896
Batman can't fly, ecolocate, isn't blind, etc.

Calm down man. I want my hero to be organic animal themed like Spider-Man rather than cultural and name only.
>>
>>94520933
That is scary. I'm into cryptids too, so I'll look into lusca.

>>94521392
Writhe/Ink/Black Kraken's alterego is a marine biologist specializing in intelligence of cephalopods.

Unfortunately Humanman would be the most intelligent animal themed hero

>>94521479
This
>>
>>94518542
The Cephalo-God
>>
>>94521479
>Also for the hornet idea I'd suggest more agility and reliance on his venom than strength. Have him be at like athlete or slightly super human strength but quick and having fast reflexes. Same for the armor too. Durable but not ideal for sustainable damage since flight is a factor
>>94521853
>For your guy I'd say focus on the agility over durability. Make him quick and fast. Hornets don't strike me as a very strong animal (although I'm sure they are. Insects are crazy strong for their body size).
Yeah these are good points, those should definitely be more the focus than being a brawler , his advantages should be his quickness and various uses of venom

>Try not to focus TOO much on the battle armor becaue Blue Beetle exists too although armor is cool
Also a good point, don't want him to seem TOO techy either.

I guess I'm basically between slightly super human strength/durability because why not, or peak human because why not with light armor for extra protection which I'm sort of leaning towards because I think it will give a cooler look

Though, the idea of having him be able to harden his flesh into insect like armored sections also appeals to me cause I have a fetish for that kind of thing, but it takes the character into a different direction too, opens up more of a monster vibe and I don't know if that's what I wanna run with
>>
>>94521884
Do not speak ill of the batgod
>>
>>94523433
>I guess I'm basically between slightly super human strength/durability because why not, or peak human because why not with light armor for extra protection which I'm sort of leaning towards because I think it will give a cooler look

Honestly I like the peak human with armor idea. It can open up stories where he doesn't have access to his armor.

>Though, the idea of having him be able to harden his flesh into insect like armored sections

This would also be cool. Like an insect carapace?

If I had to vote, I'd pick the tech armor, but the organic armor would be more unique.

Does he have a name?

>>94524016
There should be an alternate universe Batman where he's Manbat, but human
>>
>>94522118
I see what you did there
>>
>>94525480
>Honestly I like the peak human with armor idea. It can open up stories where he doesn't have access to his armor.
True

>Like an insect carapace?
Yeah, like instead of a suit he could harden his outer skin into an exoskeleton

>If I had to vote, I'd pick the tech armor, but the organic armor would be more unique.
I think that's what I'm leaning towards too

>Does he have a name?
Not really, haven't been able to settle on one...the initial working name was "the stinger" but I know there are other "stingers" out there and I'm not entirely hip to how copyrights work
>>
>>94518789
Kraken sounds more villainous to me.
Maybe The Flying Squid if you'd make him more acrobatic/agile of a fighting style.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.