[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any animated kino I can indulge myself in? It seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

Is there any animated kino I can indulge myself in?
It seems half the cartoons on this board are just shitty childrens comedys.
>>
Heavy metal
>>
>>94516913
I really enjoyed Waltz with Bashir, Wizards and Coonskin. Also this >>94516932
>>
Fantastic Planet
>>
>>94516913
Oh no. Children's Cartoons. Awful, no idea why such things would exist. I only watch the most mature and complex cartoons.
>>
>>94517018
We all have particular tastes. Not everyone can learn to enjoy the things you do.
>>
File: 1501552637823.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501552637823.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>94517018
>mature and complex cartoons
>>
Well there is the upcoming Love Vincent.
It's really one of a kind, every single frame is a hand painted impressionist oil.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=47h6pQ6StCk
>>
File: spawn.gif (858KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
spawn.gif
858KB, 500x265px
>>94516913
The HBO Spawn series might be to your liking
>inb4 hurr durr muh 90s edge
I'm not talking about the comic, I'm talking about the cartoon.
The one that had big names from Batman TAS involved including Shirley Walker. The one that trimmed out a lot of the comic's bullshit and made every aspect of it more presentable.

It's not perfect and you might get sick of the recycled storylines but for a short series with nice aesthetics and action, and an adult cartoon that doesn't fall into the cliches we all hate, it's quite watchable.
>>
>>94516913

Anime, but I'd say track down a copy of Kimi no na Wa/Your Name. I put it on roughly the same level as The Prestige, in that every time I watch it I notice some new detail that builds up to the twist that you'll only realize the true significance of once you know what the movie is really about.

Its really fucking good at playing with your expectations and sense of direction.
>>
>>94520315
The Prestige had a twist? I remember everything being really straightforward
>>
>>94520392

The fact that there were two Bordens the whole time. Angier being alive is something you can probably guess from early on, but there being two Bordens is a mystery revealed only at the end, and once you know that fact all Bale's scenes earlier in the movie become rife with doublemeaning and hidden foreshadowing. From obvious things like 'some days when you say you love me you mean it', to little things like Borden reacting just a couple seconds slower to callbacks to earlier conversations than he should be. You pick up a lot on repeat viewings once you start looking.
>>
File: 11TRAGEDY3-jumbo.jpg (200KB, 1024x771px) Image search: [Google]
11TRAGEDY3-jumbo.jpg
200KB, 1024x771px
>>94516913
try "The Tragedy of Man"
>>
>>94516913
The Maxx is really good. REALLY GOOD. It's the only animated TV show I can think of that is for adults purely because there are very complex themes.

Some more kino that's not really for kids:
>Fritz the Cat
>The Triplets of Belleville (it is all ages, sort of, but still good)
>The Illusionist
>The Tragedy of Man
>Feherlofia
>Fantastic Planet/La planete du sauvage
>Numerous anime series/movies: Paprika, Perfect Blue, Belladonna of Sadness, Angel's Egg, etc.

>>94520087
Seconding this. It can get kind of pointlessly angsty at times but the fight scenes are pretty sick. Madhouse did some of the animation as well.
>>
File: corto and ras.gif (922KB, 465x296px) Image search: [Google]
corto and ras.gif
922KB, 465x296px
>>94516913
"Corto Maltese: La Cour secrète des Arcanes" is pretty kino
>>
>Actualy giving recomendations to a person who uses "kino" unironicaly

You fags are whats wrong with /co/, this place cant self moderate for shit.
>>
>>94520884
/co/ is love, m8. Would you rather it be like /a/ where they hand out bans for asking for a source? Quit being a salty Sally.
>>
File: spawn-tv.jpg (17KB, 331x236px) Image search: [Google]
spawn-tv.jpg
17KB, 331x236px
>>94520805
I'm more okay with Spawn the tv show being pointlessly angsty because, unlike the comic, there is none of that whiplash where it suddenly tries to be comedic, and the angst is far more presentable when there's more going on than just McFarlane's art to sell it
The show's atmosphere and music are amazing and it completely works in favor of a rather mediocre story to elevate it much further. The Batman TAS touch is there but it's less dark deco and much more urban fantasy.
There's really no other cartoon like it out there and I think it deserves respect for that at least.
>>
>>94521191
/a/ also has less shitposting and cancer than us because of that.
>>
>>94521554
Because the /a/ mods actually give a shit. /co/ mods let the board go to hell for shits and giggles.
>>
>>94521343
Definitely. Especially for its being a hand-drawn show that essentially has a hard-R rating.
You could never have a show like it today. Especially since there's nowhere near as much racebaiting as you'd see today.
It's some good shit and definitely worth watching even if you have a passing interest in the series..
>>
>>94516913
Lastman isn't exactly kino but it is still a good piece of serious adult animation
>>
File: 500px-KinoCannon1.jpg (39KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
500px-KinoCannon1.jpg
39KB, 500x333px
>>94516913
The only animated Kino I know of is /a/ related.
>>
>>94520315
>Its really fucking good

*It's really fucking good
>>
File: thunderbolt.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
thunderbolt.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>94516913
Do puppets count? Because Thunderbolt Fantasy was pretty fantastic.
>>
>>94516913

Pink Floyd's The Wall

The Old Man and the Sea
>>
>>94516913
Try the Nox wakfu special. The series as a whole is aimed at kids and takes a while to pick up and really shine. Honestly only worth watching if you have nothing else to watch. But that special was top notch and really gave a good background tonthe villain.
>>
>>94525248
>tonthe
>>
>>94516913
>kino
I'd recommend skinning yourself slowly and not stopping until your arms have no strength.
Sage.
>>
File: IMG_1395.jpg (30KB, 279x402px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1395.jpg
30KB, 279x402px
9 is very slept on. One of my favorite animated movies of all time.
>>
>>94516913
I am insulted nobody has mentioned Lupin yet.
That shit is so kino, it's all the movies. At the same time.
>>
File: For your trouble.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
For your trouble.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>94525331
>>
>>94525370
Lupin III belongs in /a/.
>>
>>94525669
Nah, faggot. I mean it. Kill yourself you cancerous sack of shit.
>>
>>94525897
>Sage is not a downvote
>>
>>94525347
Wasted potential.
Still enjoy it but it just feels like half a movie.
>>
>>94525277
Fuck that's what I get being half asleep. Anyway OP you might wana try plague dogs too. Really good movie if not slightly depressing.
>>
>>94516913
The Iron Giant.

You've probably seen it 20 times but you should watch it again.

Also the European industry is something you should keep an eye on. Lots of low budget general audience/adult friendly features being made. Haven't seen Long Way North but I've heard good things
>>
>>94526111
Isn't that cause it is half a movie? I heard somewhere the movie was suppose to be much longer but budget got cut since they didn't think it would make money.
>>
>>94520801
Good recommendation anon; Samurai Jack is animated kino as well.
>>
>>94520315

Not /co/, but seconding KnnW. I havent had a movie play with my emotions like that in years.
>>
>>94526051
And you're not something that deserves to live and yet here we are.
>>
File: nimh3.png (362KB, 600x427px) Image search: [Google]
nimh3.png
362KB, 600x427px
>>94516913
I'm trying to think but don't think there's much in the way of animated kino outside of a few movies lately. Most animated shows worth watching right now are either adult swim shows with depressing and nihilistic undertones or children's comedies. You might have to just settle for rewatching some older stuff.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.