[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuZ sc4K85kU I used to watc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 19

File: hiddensideofthestory_tumblr_Com.jpg (408KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
hiddensideofthestory_tumblr_Com.jpg
408KB, 960x800px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuZsc4K85kU

I used to watch Regular Show with my friends in the afternoon in 2011 after everyone got off of work, and we'd play MHFU for hours on end. So, considering what the show used to be.. What the fuck happened?! Space battles?
>>
>>94515040
I wonder the same thing. I feel that its last season was the weakest, but to be fair the whole story arc with pops and antipops was pretty cool
>>
>>94515040
damn the last seasons where a huge shiiittttt

the only good thing happening was eileen + rigby
>>
File: 1378155850996.jpg (233KB, 700x844px) Image search: [Google]
1378155850996.jpg
233KB, 700x844px
>>94515193
>>94515040
after season 2 they got stuck with the "short episode" formula and run out of ideas.

The whole show should have become more character oriented at that point I suppose, but they just repeated the same shit over and over.. and remember when there was a time with 3 or 4 muscle man episodes in a row ?

This show should have been for teens, but instead they moved the target to younger people and the creator kept rolling with it, that was the huge problem I think.
>>
>>94515305
Yea I see your point. I still really enjoyed the show, but that's also due to the face that I looked forward to any mordecaixmargaret or mordecaixcj episodes
>>
>>94515040
It became relationship oriented which ended up really fucking it up because characters like Mordecai became unlikable and the show got very boring.
>>
I miss the time of the old rs threads
>>
>>94515040
It was fucking amazing and still one of my favorite cartoons.
>>
it went in circles too much. it peaked early on and they half heartedly tried long arcs and then random bullshit in order to get into a groove but it didn't really work.
>>
>>94515959
>all those shippers
they were the best
>>
It wasn't the final season, I heard. CN canceled it halfway into the season. Presumably Pops never would have died and that montage wouldn't have happened, which was a decent end. It was just a season arc they wanted to do.

>>94515959
They were very relaxed and rarely subjected to hate.
>>
>>94515959
I've come to realize that I've read more deviant pairing fics than I have vanilla fics by several orders of magnitude.
>>
>>94515959
Mordecai's neck ahhhh
>>
>>94515959
>I miss the time of the old rs threads
I find it went downhill after that turner employee leaked Bad Kiss and made everyone mad
>>
File: EEEUGHUUUEEEEGHHUIII.jpg (62KB, 985x511px) Image search: [Google]
EEEUGHUUUEEEEGHHUIII.jpg
62KB, 985x511px
OH NO BRO
>>
Why can't we get RS threads running anymore?
>>
File: agree.gif (223KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
agree.gif
223KB, 500x284px
>>94515040
>What the fuck happened?! Space battles?
That was just the final season at least, but yea shit changed and it wasn't as fun as it could've been. I thought if RS ever went to space for a while it'd be a great chance to 80s wank, have some cover album visuals and trippy drug designs for whatever they meet, for the most part it was entirely the same, mainly just humans and maybe 2 anthropomorphic instances with that old man bat in the Space Tree and the Mantis planet.

If it had stayed "just season 8 in space" rather than "the big series finale season we totally planned for" it might've just been a bummer to look back on. "Remember the space season? Glad it didn't end there. Anyway S9 is decent". At this point a space experiment idea just wasn't the way to end it. There were very few payoffs to sticking with the season. Even getting back to Mordecai and Rigby having stupid nonsense fun was lame and kept being interrupted with stupid shit before they even got started. Maybe if they had the full 40 episodes it'd have had breathing room, maybe more fleshing out time in the space tree or even an arc of terraforming a planet, which would've been unique.

In the end we got a gamble of a space idea stuck as the series finale season which will be remembered in passing as "kinda shit" at best, the mains getting overshadowed by a 1-character based finale arc, and countless dropped storylines because of the ep limit and sudden cancellation. There were so many downright bland episodes to boot. It didn't help some episodes were a visual fucking bore, even when they desperately tried to have a zany scene. It would've defied the typical last season shake up cliche had S9 happened and they go right back to Earth after "just another adventure except longer", maybe affecting their lives in some way. I assume Pops dying wasn't planned until "we need a series finale ending" started.

tl;dr space is a bore if you don't go full force- they didn't, and wasn't fun/had pacing issues
>>
I'd have preferred any of the following characters take place of Eileen in that final season:
any of them

She was easily the least likeable and had this poor atmosphere of feeling like a perfect goody cute sweetheart. Her voice, while fine, couldn't do emotion without sounding grating.

Are you telling me you wouldn't want Season 8 with Thomas wanting a Guys Night 3 before being killed by the government that tracked him down, get trapped in the dome, and we relive the atmosphere of the early/mid seasons? Maybe have a character like Muscle Man say "no offense bro but can you drop the accent, i can't relax around you when i'm constantly reminded you're a russian spy" or something.

Even CJ or Margaret getting trapped in the dome would've been great, after Mordecai's mega fuck up he realized he's been a tool. This time he could've been treating them as a friend instead of the love interest and maybe have someone to talk to when space started making him uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong I liked Stuck in an Elevator but it would've been better had Mordecai been trapped with someone we don't see him pour his heart out to every episode. A bottle CJ or Margaret episode with Mordecai finally letting one of them in about his personal depression and situational angst? That'd have been nice.

I'd have been fine without any extras in the season, but seeing as how Eileen was just brought because Minty said it'd be funny and was generally ignored, I'd have preferred someone else. All the other characters probably wouldn't have been ignored seeing as how they had some focus at a time. The only time Eileen being a part of the space cast being mentioned as a thing was when they used it to kick Mordecai in the ass one last time.

>I have Eileen, and you have...
>....
>me!

Then her and Rigby hardly interacted, and she was a stand in for High Five Ghost and Muscle Man as "background quip girl", and she wasn't funny. We already had a Muscle Man, and a very ignored Fives.
>>
>>94515040
Did you watch the shorts Season 7 and 8 had? Did you like them?
>>
why didn't they play space age love song at some point or push it to limit?
>>
Season 6 wasn't bad, you just have thin skin because betacai speghetti lmao
>Maxin' and Relaxin'
>New Bro on Campus
>Terror Tales of the Park IV
>The White Elephant Gift Exchange
>Park Managers' Lunch
>Format Wars II
>Gamers Never Say Die
>>>>>>>>Brilliant Century Duck Crisis Special
>Death Kwon Do-Livery
>Lunch Break
Were all great episodes if you liked the series to begin with. Even cutting out the anime episode that's enough for a passing season. The rest were boring and only 2 were controversial- Thomas and the Weddiing.

I'm sure Season 7 sucks though because Rigby being even more reskined and the entire dome shit but Season 6 was a worthy send off to the average formula.
>>
>>94515040
The space battles were literally the only thing worth noting in that season
>>
>>94522357
>>New Bro on Campus
Somehow worse highschool schlock than skips story.
>>TTOTP IV
The most boring one aside from the space one which should've never aired. I think the cursed VHS tape was the dumbest and most forced idea they've ever had.
>>White Elephant
Made no sense. They get scolded for nearly doing the same shit to Muscle Man that he's been doing, and then they do it anyway and the elephant smiles like he wanted it to happen despite threatening to keep them trapped forever minutes prior. Literally the white elephant in the room where someone forgot what they were doing with the episode. A true ball dropping.
>>Park Managers Lunch
Everyone gets scolded for giving a shit about Benson's safety and it's treated as them not wanting him to succeed.
>>anime half hour special
>>running out of ideas so they bring back a minor character a 3rd time
>>Lunch Break
Why not use these story ideas for the first story telling episode? I admit I liked this one but coming in after a subpar Halloween episode makes me pissed. Like when they made a Christmas episode but it was just Our Worst Halloween Special 2: Added Irrational Arguing.

Dumped at the Altar? Hahaha, fags crying about that haven't seen anything else.
>>
File: use my body.png (121KB, 663x571px) Image search: [Google]
use my body.png
121KB, 663x571px
>>94522775
>the cursed VHS tape
There was a great original pitch for it, butchered in the end like shit. It was very bland and their butts fusing together was child shit. In the end everyone except Rigby dies a horrific death, Eileen dying in Rigby's arms.

Despite having this picture from before I can't find the storyboard. Mighty obliged if maybe the 2 people in this thread could hook a man up. I wanna read it again.
>>
>>94517459
>They were very relaxed and rarely subjected to hate.

Rarely? Relaxed? What revisionist delusion are you running here?
>>
>>94523237
I distinctly remember chill threads of Season 2 and early 3, it was when I started using /co/ more than maybe 4 times a week. Everyone was chill and any time someone attempted starting something they were shooed off and that was that, rarely with a chain argument. I think the main issue was the autist avatarfagging as eileen and someone else but that wasn't in every thread. By S5 it started going downhill and you'd occasionally have a ruined thread. Cut to S6 and everyone was either gone or baiting.
>>
File: 58375610_p0_master1200.jpg (83KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
58375610_p0_master1200.jpg
83KB, 600x599px
>>94515959
>mordecai being the dom
you pleb it's pretty obvious that rigby is the dom in the relationship
>>
>>94523397
yeah rigby, whip it out
>>
>>94522357
>controversial- Thomas
Oh jesus not that shit again, everyone was hype and memeing russian spy shit for days after we found out and right after it aired everyone was suddenly mad it happened. I can't understand it. The special was great, I guess everyone was just mad that there wasn't a padding character anymore. Everyone used to be annoyed he never did anything. Then when he was something and had a great big special everyone was like "this isn't the russian meme shit i wanted, it's the russian meme shit i didn't want" and then /co/ added this series to a shit list.
>>
I'd just like to thank you for making this season
>>
>>94523397
Morby posters have so little variety these days in the image choices they post.
>>
File: IMG_1894.png (200KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1894.png
200KB, 900x800px
>>94523397
I could see Mordecai being dom in bed but shy and subby to rigby in public
>>
>>94524374
it's not our fault that that's literally all the good morby art that exists
>>
File: clearly a hug.png (145KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
clearly a hug.png
145KB, 600x800px
>>94524554
You haven't dug
>>
File: DEyz8QKU0AEQf-s.jpg (100KB, 1129x866px) Image search: [Google]
DEyz8QKU0AEQf-s.jpg
100KB, 1129x866px
>>94524647
where do I dig senpai show me the way
>>
File: its a.png (326KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
its a.png
326KB, 800x1000px
>>94524730
These are from a folder created in 2013, I assume they're from when RS threads were decent and populated. Maybe you can luck out and find a few images in the archives of that time, most archives don't have many images of that far back.

Most morby fans dropped the series, and with it their old art collection stop getting posted.
>>
PIIIIIIIIISSSSSSsssssssssssssssssssssss
>>
>>94524808
Holy shit my preview pane only showed a small thumbnail of the image, what is this design choice.

>>94524818
What is this bump choice.
>>
File: closeenough_a-1280x600.jpg (101KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
closeenough_a-1280x600.jpg
101KB, 1280x600px
>>94515040
This is gonna be your cup of tea, OP.
>>
>>94524911
nooooo
>>
>>94524911
Im just sad that there is no furry gay bait for me in Close Enough, but such is life
>>
>>94524919
why no? this is gonna be a perfected regular show without the bullshit
>>
>>94524986
BENIS and bland characters that aren't unique in a single way, even the RS characters had a charm if you hated one of them, because you'd know who they were outside of watching the series
>>
>>94524911
that show is going to suffer from the same shit comedy central Futurama suffered from, no censors to reign them in so they don't have to be clever = it will blow ass.

you ever watched a comedy show where the comedians are giver total freedom?

they're universally terrible
>>
File: hell.jpg (10KB, 183x175px) Image search: [Google]
hell.jpg
10KB, 183x175px
>>
>>94525251
>
stupid ass fucgn
>rigby can't handle men?
It's interesting the series had both a half hour special on bad merchandise and a series finale deus e machina blu ray release when the show stopped getting those right when they started getting them
>>
File: IMG_1895.jpg (46KB, 339x457px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1895.jpg
46KB, 339x457px
>>94525251
>>94525328
The Rigby funko pop is one of the worst RS merchandise items and funko pop, looks like his spine is cut in half
>>
>>94525352
>looks like his spine is cut in half
im not seeing it
>>
File: 1300130169722.png (119KB, 277x345px) Image search: [Google]
1300130169722.png
119KB, 277x345px
>>94524911
Trailer looked decent. Will definitely give a chance.
>>94525352
Wow. That's pretty bad even by funko standards.
>>
Early RS was the best, before it devolved into romance arcs and then devolved again to space battles
>>
>>94515040
This was a weird episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiViiubjLDM
>>
>>94525988
>Early RS was the best
Easily. I think S5 was the last great season, the rest are average.
>>
File: RRRRRRR.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
RRRRRRR.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
>>94525251
It's like they didn't try. People say RS doesn't work in 3 dimensions, or at least Rigby, but he very clearly does. They seem to be on the money with his hair-do, but they still make everything else shitty, and if not those, the hair style in another thing. Every time. They either give him a tube nose, make his eyes creepy as shit, color him wrong, make the pivot joints so noticeable it's uncomfortable, or do whatever they did with his mouth there.

I refuse to believe they cared, in the first batch (the wide release version) of the park set, HFG wasn't even in it despite being on the box. That's an incredible fuck up. So they fix it and ruin the characters in ways they didn't before and then make it a Toys R Us exclusive. Yep, the accurate to description version is an exclusive.

But in the end, I don't think I'd buy them unless they were really kick ass, but they'd have to get the designs and molds right first. CN, just give an uncensored bluray set with prime special features, then you can sweep this series under the rug like no ones business.
>>
File: ece.png (311KB, 459x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ece.png
311KB, 459x1200px
plz transl8 thanks
>>
File: ece ece ece.png (288KB, 459x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ece ece ece.png
288KB, 459x1200px
>>94527055
and this'n
>>
>>94527055
It's halloween in the park and benson's setting up

>what are you two supposed to be?

>we are tohou kissing company!!

>...

>that doesn't make sense?

>>94527068
>get back to work or i fire you

>step up and get kiss

>yes step up and get kiss by yours truly
>>tkc kiss the men in outfits XD

>don't do that have a piece of candy

>oh benson candy is the gift of love!

>that's just chocolate pops!

>mordecai orgasming with "win" written next to him
>>
The more unlikeable characters weren't animals. This is true for Muscle Man and Benton
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.