[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/co/ is in love with Samurai Jack >On the day episode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: 44b.png (270KB, 600x436px) Image search: [Google]
44b.png
270KB, 600x436px
>/co/ is in love with Samurai Jack
>On the day episode 4 was supposed to come out, they are trolled by Rick and Morty
>/co/ slowly begins to despise R&M
>Episode 4 of Samurai Jack premieres
>The quality degrades
>/co/ slowly begins to despise Samurai Jack
>/co/ hates Samurai Jack because of Rick and Morry
>/co/ hates Rick and Morty because of Samurai Jack

Thoughts?
>>
File: 1327000909236.gif (38KB, 380x240px) Image search: [Google]
1327000909236.gif
38KB, 380x240px
Just some further food for thought, "reddit and memey" meme didn't show up until April 1 2017. Jackfags will never not be eternally btfo from their own series.
>>
>>94510846
As much as this did happen, the hate for Rick and Morty was already piling up before the April Fools thing happened. It was more just an excuse for more idiocy than it was the cause.
>>
>>94510846
>The quality degrades
This is your answer for both shows getting haters.
>>
>>94510922
But the hype for episode 4 was escaladed after April 1st
>>
My rule of thumb with the internet is to never attribute some grander motivation to actions that looks like the actions of rampaging underage shitters. Remember, we have virtually no barriers to posting here.
>>
>>94510846
>Never got into Samurai Jack
>Didn't care about the final season over a decade later
>Missed nothing
>>
>>94511163
Consider yourself lucky, because SJ season five was mostly a disappointment. The first three episodes were great, but then it went downhill from there.
>>
>>94510846
OP is a retard, discuss
>>
>>94511290
MUH FIRST THREEEEEEEEE
>>
>>94514350
>Noooooooo that argument doesn't count because a lot of people say it!
Have you ever considered that a lot of people mention the first three episodes so much because they were legitimately of a higher level of quality than the others?
>>
File: 1494191540684.jpg (660KB, 939x703px) Image search: [Google]
1494191540684.jpg
660KB, 939x703px
>>94510846
>>94514434
did you ever consider that those people were among the million Bandwagoners that probably never watched/cared about the series before the 2015 announcement anyways?
episode 4 was the first episode to return to a traditional "jack in a wierd colorful location" format.
if you didnt have at least a mild appreciation for the more slow and quiet episodes of the series, then you probably never liked the show to begin with.
>>
>>94515071
That doesn't mean that the first 3 episodes weren't better though, why even mildly appreciate an obvious dip in quality?
>>
Quit personifying /co/ OP, you massive faggot
>>
File: mountain.jpg (16KB, 495x333px) Image search: [Google]
mountain.jpg
16KB, 495x333px
>>94515666
obvious dip how? because "MAH FATHER DAUGHTER?" because "MAH GRIMDARK?". because "MAH GUARDIAN". the art was still god-tier. The soundtrack was still God-tier. The story was still god-tier.

the following episodes all fit in excellently with the pre-established world of Samurai Jack while still expanding the story we're set in now. Jack has changed, but he world hasn't. If your argument is that it's cliche'd or too much of an homage. It's Samurai Jack, it's ALWAYS been cliche'd over the top, and filled with homages. And as disappointed is was in there being no guardian, it's not THAT bad. the guardian was one of many already established final destinations for jack.

I still have screenshots saved and can likely find the archive of people begging/predicting almost the EXACT ending we got. Long before the 5 month span of 15 SJ post a day. Just because your hype train derailed itself doesn't mean the fans went along with you.
I for one enjoyed it, I got exactly the ending I wanted. The same ending as every Samurai Jack episode, victory through heartbreaking sacrifice with Jack walking/staring into the distance like an old western hero.
>>
File: pt1.png (182KB, 1350x604px) Image search: [Google]
pt1.png
182KB, 1350x604px
>>94516946
aside from the little details like ashi turning good later, scotsman insulting aku at the end, guardian being alive after defeat by aku. it's almost identical to what we got.

and outright we should just be happy Fan-fiction garbage like the Samoori becoming a dojo master didn't happen.
>>
>>94510874
How is a blatant lie food for thought?
>>
>>94516946
They tried to have development for a new character when they only had 10 episodes to do it, trying to do that just takes away from what people came back for. Aishi, as a character, was a waste of time and the only role that only she specifically could fill was getting back to the past and what we got from that was some forced bittersweet ending for a character who didn't get proper development.

She is literally the spawn of Aku and it took little convincing to turn her good. Jack swallowed some a TINY bit of Aku and was literally becoming him, how the hell did something literally made of him not come out completely evil? She was born of evil and raised to be evil yet it took seeing Jack not squash a lady bug to not want to kill him anymore? That's just garbage writing.
>>
>>94516946
this

The quality didn't degrade at all you faggots. Was it the best thing ever to grace your nostalgia goggles? Of course not. It completely changed, but did so in an elegant and unforced way. The first few episodes introduced Jack's deteriorating mental state, his hopelesness, and his guilt, but the following episodes featured some of the best story writing and character development on television. Not only Jack with him defeating his inner demons, reclaiming his quest and finding his path again, but Ashi as well. Ashi shows its possible, no matter who you are or what your upbringing has done to you, that you can overcome inner battles to become something great. The moment she is able to overcome and control Aku's powers was fucking glorious, and the way it led up to Aku's defeat was extremely satisfying. It had all the qualities of a well-done Hero's journey. And to keep it from being an overly sweet ending, Ashi fades away from the timeline, but Jack realizes in the end that he is back in the past and can live his life in peace. It was the perfect ending nobody knew they wanted.

It had all the qualities of the original Jack but on an even higher level. I had some more serious, beautifully composed cinematography and much deeper themes. The art was outstanding, music kicked ass, cringey genndy humor was kept to a minimum.

You tumblr twats deserved none of this masterpiece. It's your own fault for letting your expectations grow so much only to be let down because expectations always lead to disappointments. Dick and Mortstein has nothing to with this, even though I was pissed as fuck April 1st. But I got over it and Jack continued to impress.

I swear to god some of you are the most insufferable pieces of garbage.
>>
>>94517489
>Ashi shows its possible, no matter who you are or what your upbringing has done to you, that you can overcome inner battles to become something great.
But that's stupid since she's literally at least 50% evil.
>The moment she is able to overcome and control Aku's powers was fucking glorious
Her getting Aku's powers and being able to actually hold him off felt like an extreme asspull. And if the powers make it so easy to just go through time like that then why didn't Aku just follow them?
>and the way it led up to Aku's defeat was extremely satisfying
It was a last second asspull way for Jack to get to the past, it wasn't satisfying at all.
> And to keep it from being an overly sweet ending, Ashi fades away from the timeline
Which should have happened the second Jack kill Aku if that's meant to make any sense at all.
> It was the perfect ending nobody knew they wanted.
It really wasn't, it was mediocre at best.
> It's your own fault for letting your expectations grow so much
I didn't have any expectations, yet I was still disappointed.
>>
File: 1502169038827.png (257KB, 760x1378px) Image search: [Google]
1502169038827.png
257KB, 760x1378px
>>94510846
You got it all wrong.

It's /tv/. You can even notice that the spam of Rick&Marty shitposting brings a lot of shitty /tv/ memes, hell picked Rick is THEIR meme.
>>
/co/ mostly liked R&M then season 2 started and it became more popular. some people on /tv/ started watching it, hated it and started associating it with reddit.
>>
>>94517482
nigga, every episode of asmurai Jakck introduces new characters.... WHAT.
>>
>>94510846
It's a combination of a lot of things.
>Reddit likes it and that sets off the site wars people
>fandom is legit annoying and that puts people off
>it got popular so contrarianism kicked in
>clickbait sites talking non stop about female writers attracted /pol/ and /r9k/ who want an excuse to bitch about roasties

And then of course people who actually feel the quality went down. They DO exist. Bit hard to see in the wave upon wave of shitposting though.
>>
>>94519825
When you only have 10 episodes left to finish your show you don't try to develop a completely new character.
>>
>>94517652
but she is still human.
>>
>>94510874
>"reddit and memey" meme didn't show up until April 1 2017
Okay, I'm on board with OP's train of thought, but this is simply not true.
>>
>>94520110
She should have still been inherently evil, Jack swallowed just a little bit of Aku once and it fucked his shit right up, why would the spawn of Aku not be prone to evil without needing to be raised for it?
>>
>>94517652
you are a lying piece of shit
>>
>>94520174
Elaborate.
>>
>>94520153
because situation A is different from Situation B.
>>
>>94520197
But why is it different? The priestess swallowed a fuck ton of Aku and gave birth to his kids yet despite being made of him they're not evil on their own? Why? How does something made of evil on top of being raised for evil not stay evil?
>>
>>94520193
you're outriight saying you had no expectations, in the same post where you just gave 6 specific expectations where the show failed you.
>>
>>94520193

it was reactive response sorry, but I will try my best to counterargue some of your points

Ashi not fading away immediately was a case of Rule of Drama, simple as that. I consider it an acceptable break from reality.

its like Back to the Future, effects have to propagate and arent instantaneous.

for Aku not following afterwords It's possible the time portals won't allow you to travel into a time where you already exist. Jack and Ashi arrived after Aku had thrown Jack into the future, so Jack never overlapped himself. Aku in the future couldn't go back because he was still in existence.

time travel in Samurai Jack isnt exactly shown to be consistent, but then again it hardly ever is in any piece of fiction.
>>
>>94520284
it got diluted in the Priestess's body or had a very latent effect. none of the kids were in the beginning inherently evil, they were made to be that way from their brutal as fuck upbringing.

Ashi didnt show any powers till Aku himself "awakened them"
>>
>>94520390
I mean if "something good" is a real expectation then yeah, I had one.
>>94520407
This is actually pretty reasonable and I can't argue with it.
>>94520432
Why would it get diluted when it only takes a little bit to Aku you the fuck up? She drank a bunch. And them not being inherently evil is part of my problem, it makes no sense for them not to be when we've been shown what happens when someone gets Aku inside them.
>>
>>94510874
>Actually being this new
It's sad really.
>>
>>94514434
The third one was shit too. Only the two first ones were truly great.
>>
>>94510874
But that's wrong you fucking idiot. I like Rick and Morty and I remember that shit as far as a couple usages from anons midway season 1 and literal meme shitposting right around when season 2 ended.
>>
>>94520497
because again the plot where Aku made Jack "sick" was a part o the plot of said episode. its honestly just a thing common in fiction.

The priestess drinking Aku's essence made her basically a "virgin birth" of 7 babies. And dormant inside all of them lied AKu's powers.
>>
>>94511132
I think you're looking for the term "never attribute to malice what you can attribute to stupidity".
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.