[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KOTH Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

File: 960.jpg (93KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
93KB, 960x540px
I tell yu what...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/king-hill-may-be-revived-at-fox-1027723
>>
i wish (((they))) would stop tarnishing things once good. there is no such thing as a good reboot
>>
>>94509323
That was more or less my first thought when I saw this thread. I feel like there's been a lot of shows and other things rebooted/continued in recent years that didn't do the originals justice. That being said, King of the Hill is one of my favorite shows of all time.
>>
File: scaredcc.jpg (11KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
scaredcc.jpg
11KB, 206x245px
>>94509268
I love king of the hill but I kinda hate this idea

It ended on a really good note and dont want its legacy ruined
I do wish the bevis and butthead revival worked out but fucking mtv audience is no longer made for that show. It would do well if they viacom just moved it to comedy central
>>
How many times is the "FOX cancels an animated cartoon that later finds a new audience on Adult Swim and gets revived" shit going to happen?
>>
>>94509268
I've always been interested in a timeskip series where Bobby is grown with his own family, because they really did all they could with the original premise.

That said I'm not holding my breath for this to be any good
>>
File: hank.jpg (33KB, 616x465px) Image search: [Google]
hank.jpg
33KB, 616x465px
A 10 year reunion special might be cool
>>
File: what.jpg (163KB, 605x747px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
163KB, 605x747px
>>94509268
If it comes back will Dale find out about Joseph not being his son? Or did that one alien episode pretty much cover the topic for them?
>>
>>94509571
This. Just a one-off, one hour thing would be fine. Doesn't have to overstay it's welcome or ruin the original.

I always thought Adult Swim should have done something similar with Home Movies.
>>
>>94509268
Thank God. That show is better than the crap cartoons we have today.
>>
File: IMG_5821.png (157KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5821.png
157KB, 512x512px
>an episode where Hanl decides no to vote for Trump because he is from NY and end up learning that no betraying one principales is more important than voting for the party you like.

What do you think /co/?
>>
>>94509568
Would he be married to Connie so Fox can get brownie points for portraying an interracial couple?
>>
If Judge returns to work on it, I'll be down for it. When Beavis and Butthead revived for a season back in 2011 it was almost as if they'd never left the air
>>
>>94509683
>It was almost as if they'd never left the air.

Have you not watched the revival?
>>
>>94509632
no he will be gay.
>>
>>94509268
If it happens, great.
If it doesn't, that's okay too.
>>
>>94509630
Nah He would convince himself that he's voting for Mike Pence, not for Donald Trump.

Pence is the Hank Hill to Trump's Buck Strickland anyway.
>>
>>94509588
Dale knew, he just lived in denial of it because admitting it would break him.
>>
Bill voted for Trump. Con voted for Trump. Lucky voted for Trump.
>>
>>94509568
I'd rather it take place when Bobby is in college or something, to get away from the typical nuclear family format.
>>
>>94509630
>no episode where hank actually goes to new york and finds out the uncomfortable fact that NYC may as well be a separate state and NY itself is far closer to texas in population and career than he'd like to admit
>>
>>94511323
Khan would be a libertarian.
>>
>>94509268
I misread that as it being live action for a second.

Would that be better or worse?
>>
Huh. I tried to attach a WEBM and 4chan X deleted my post.

The future of western cartoons is anti-Trump. Stephen Colbert and Showtime are making their own anti-Trump cartoon. The Simpsons are making anti-Trump minisodes. Hank is the perfect example of Trump's support base so this is bizarre.
>>
>>94511438
>Hank is the perfect example of Trump's support base so this is bizarre.
Confirmed for never actually watching the show, Hank would never, ever vote for Trump in a million years.
>>
>>94511438
Despite being a conservative, I think Hank would be really put off by some of the things Trump says.
>>
>>94511438
Hank barely even voted for Bush
>>
>>94509268
Went on two season too long to begin with.
>>
>>94511438
>Hank is the perfect example of Trump's support base
You don't understand Hank at all. Hank would have hated Trump for being a brash, rude, foulmouthed and loudmouthed New-Yorker. He's a traditional, safe, middle-of-the-road conservative. He'd have been Jeb all the way and appalled Trump even won the nomination.
>>
>>94509588
What are you talking about? Aliens harvested Dale's genetic material and used it to impregnate Nancy while Dale was away. Joseph looks the way he does because Dale has a Jamaican grandmother.
>>
>>94509854
I haven't seen it in a few years, but in terms of quality it was kind of close to the original
>>
>>94511470
>>94511477
>>94511477
>>94511544
OK. You got me. But I don't really see him supporting Hillary either.
>>
>>94511615
He'd vote the Libertarian option
>>
>>94511615
Hank wouldn't support Hillary out of principle for being a democrat, and he also wouldn't think women could handle the presidency. This would turn into an argument with Peggy where she goes on some hare-brained scheme to prove that women can handle leadership.

In the end, she'd prove to Hank that women can be leaders too, but Hank would end up secretly writing in a vote for Jeb Bush anyway.
>>
File: IMG_1223.gif (792KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1223.gif
792KB, 500x375px
>no more luanne tits

not worth it desu
>>
File: 4chan king of the hill.gif (1MB, 1451x1668px) Image search: [Google]
4chan king of the hill.gif
1MB, 1451x1668px
>>94511438
Go look at mike judge twitter page and likes and you will realize he is anything but left wing in anyway
>>
>>94511615
Well obviously not. He'd write in Jeb. Maybe Cruz, but I think Jeb was more Hank's kinda guy. Jeb pretty much is a Hank.
>>
>>94511628
As someone who supported Gary Johnson and still thinks I made the best choice I cant see this either

Gary is way too silly for hank to vote he would go for evan mcmullin the ex-military anti trump conservative
>>
>>94511651
>/r/
>thanks for nothing
I love everything about this chart.
>>
>>94511670
>They're not clapping! Now that's just impolite.
>>
>>94509268

How about simply continue the show and don't actually reboot it
>>
>>94511651
this needs to be updated
>>
>>94509268
If they just did one or two movies I don't think that would be a huge issue or even a mini series. So long as they don't try to make it an ongoing again. That never really ends up working well usually.
>>
if mike judge is involved i'll watch. the guys track record is unbelievable.
>>
>>94512124
The Goode Family sucked.
>>
>>94512375

nobodys perfect
>>
File: 600x600bb.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600x600bb.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
>>94509491
> its legacy ruined
I know that feel, anon... To be fair though, Jack's final season could have been saved by changing a few things - it wasn't irredeemably bad like nuPPG and TTGo are,
where even the intent is rotten
>>
>>94512769
Samurai jack made sense in having a final series because the plot was unresolved and i liked it

Koth had an ending and a really good one that tied up everything especially in its subtleness about Bobby and hank finally having some they both fond over and care about
>>
File: 1498946926732.png (69KB, 556x605px) Image search: [Google]
1498946926732.png
69KB, 556x605px
>>94511651
>/tv/
Perfect
>>
>FOX cancels cartoon and shits it out on [AS] reruns
>gets popular on [AS] for a few years
>FOX greenlights the show for 20+ more seasons
>>
FOX doesn't fucking deserve KoTH
>>
>>94509268
King of the Hill GT: Kai
>>
>>94511323

Lucky wouldn't vote at all.
>>
>>94512083
>KOTH
>Movies
Terrible idea right there, KotH in it's prime excelled at covering big plots in the standard 23-ish minutes with the exception of a couple of two-parters which went pretty much as big as you should expect from a KotH story. Stretching it out any further, especially with how mediocre seasons 8+ were, would be disastrous.
>>
>>94511651

Needs a Pimp Hat Hank for /aco/.
>>
>>94511366
>libertarian
Not even remotely, especially with the jobs he's held. He's closer to an objectivist which is to libertarians what communists are to social-democrats.
>>
>>94509268
>shooting ideas about how would they react to Trump america
you know what, Judge and Daniels can take their time with other things for the next four years. KotH never revolved around Clinton and Bush besides one election episode, and this time shouldn't be any different.
>>
>>94511920
Revival =/= reboot.

>>94512769
Samurai Jack season five would've turned out better if there were more than ten episodes and the pacing was slower. Ten episodes was simply not enough to tell the story that they really wanted to tell.
>>
I'm worried about the "events" the execs were talking about the Hill family reacting to. You know who they're referring to.

>>94509590
>Brendan Small working with [as] again
>>
>>94511649
>Luanne died with her VA
>Luanne will never rise above being stereotypical white trash
>Luanne is forever a literal retard who went from being able to work on engines and stressing over domestic budgets to "pretty pretty truck truck" and not underatanding how money worked
It fucking hurts.
>>
>>94513607
They could always recast Luanne.

It is unfortunate how they undid a lot of her character development and took away her intelligence though.
>>
File: 1498847519109.jpg (29KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1498847519109.jpg
29KB, 250x333px
>>94509268
Oh god, PLEASE no. It's one of the few sitcoms that actually ended at an appropriate time with a satisfying ending.
>>
>>94513660
They could, but it would be easier for them to just say "Luanne and celeb voiced Lucky moved away" than bring them back into the mix at the risk of bad publicity and rubbing the old cast the wrong way.

Season 8 and onward saw a lot of flanderization for the cast as a whole with the only new developments coming completely out of left field and often never addressed again (Khan having manic depression, Hank's mother being loopy, Dale becoming a super patriot, etc) but Luanne got beat down by it hard. I can't even think of a Family Guy character that got it worse than her... maybe Meg? But there was never much to her before and she's had her rare moments, Luanne just became a prop for Lucky when she wasn't a retarded plot enabler.
>>
>>94509588
I still don't know who you are.
>>
Fox jumping on the revival bandwagon or Fox realizing all their live action Sunday "comedies" are shit and falling back on a sure thing?

YOU decide.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.