[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's /a/ Godzilla, /m/ Godzilla, and /co/ Godzilla.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

File: Godzilla_Hanna_Barbera_1.png (410KB, 777x786px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla_Hanna_Barbera_1.png
410KB, 777x786px
There's /a/ Godzilla, /m/ Godzilla, and /co/ Godzilla. How was the Godzilla serie(s) pertaining to our board?

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/movies/haruo-nakajima-actor-who-played-godzilla-dies-pneumonia-88-n790701
>>
The show based on the 98 movie.

Great show.
>>
>>94507312
We also got a bunch of comics some OK and some really good
>>
File: crying veggie.jpg (9KB, 203x248px) Image search: [Google]
crying veggie.jpg
9KB, 203x248px
>>94507312
R.I.P.
>>
>And Godzuuuuuuuuuuuuuki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrQjr6KAJvU
>>
>>94507312
>How was the Godzilla serie(s) pertaining to our board?

Here's an okay review of it:

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2016/08/24/godzilla-the-1978-hanna-barbera-cartoon-review/

I don't think I liked the show as much as that guy, but I remember enjoying it as a kid on Early Cartoon Network, and I was a fan of the Showa and Heisei Godzilla movies at the same time. I could tell it was different, but that didn't keep me from liking it.
>>
I have nothing but respect for a man who wore such a heavy suit willingly, multiple times, and still made it work.

Bless you, Nakajima-san. Godzilla wouldn't be if not for you.
>>
File: DGrTFnsUQAAKXTp.jpg (176KB, 927x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DGrTFnsUQAAKXTp.jpg
176KB, 927x1200px
Dave Filoni's memorial picture
>>
>>94507312
We have comics and animated shows. That makes him at least able to be brought up on /co/. If the thread goes elsewhere, then that's just the direction it goes. So yeah. I consider Godzilla /co/ for he is applicable to many genres -- kind of like the muppets.
>>
>>94507312
F
>>
Rest in peace haruo.
>>
>>94507312
Puppetry is /co/ because /tv/ doesn't want it. Or something with how stop-motion uses puppets.
>>
File: Godzilla vs Dugan.jpg (191KB, 900x1338px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla vs Dugan.jpg
191KB, 900x1338px
>>
>>94508705
At least bump with image.
>>
File: IMG_2288.jpg (63KB, 719x392px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2288.jpg
63KB, 719x392px
Celebrity deaths never tend to make me sad, but this one hits me right at home. Godzilla was a huge part of my childhood and it helped me through hard times as an adolescent and an adult. This is the first time I'm actually sad that someone I never knew personally is dead.
>>
>>94507389
Godzilla in hell is a GOD TIER comic.
>>
Currently watching through the movies for the first time and while I was going through the list I noticed two Godzilla vs Mothras. Is there a reboot of some kind that I should be aware of or is it all the same continuity?
>>
>>94513472
Multiple continuities branching off from the original.

Godzilla Raids Again to Terror of Mechagodzilla constitutes the Showa series

Godzilla 1985/The Return of Godzilla to Godzilla vs Destroyah is the Heisei series.

Godzilla 2000 is the start of the MIllennium series, which are self-contained anthology films with the exception of Godzilla X Mechagodzilla and Tokyo SOS.

Shin Godzilla is a total reboot, but since we aren't getting a sequel until 2021 at the earliest, it's just as much an anthology movie as the Millennium series.
>>
>>94513472

Mothra vs. Godzilla is part of the Showa series.

Godzilla and Mothra: The Battle for Earth is part of the Heisei series.

Separate continuities. And yes, that goes for Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (Showa) and Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (Heisei). Different continuities.
>>
>>94513666
This is mostly right.

The Showa, Heisei, and most of the Millenuim movies have the original 1954 Godzilla film as their starting point. So it's more of a branched timeline from a single point.

The Monsterverse and Shin Godzilla are completely seperate continuities.
>>
File: wyatt_derp.jpg (37KB, 421x600px) Image search: [Google]
wyatt_derp.jpg
37KB, 421x600px
Old Godzilla went hopping around
>>
>>94513666

2021?!?!
>>
File: 1498236248122.jpg (406KB, 1156x1171px) Image search: [Google]
1498236248122.jpg
406KB, 1156x1171px
Just so mods dont tear down the thread
>>
>>94514403
Man, this thing is really outta date.
>>
>>94513666
Hopefully this new era of Godzilla movies doesn't result in nothing but failed attempts at establishing the first part in a long continuity like the Millennium era. Almost every movie in it started out as a sequel to a previous one but got canned partway through and became its own original thing.
>>
>>94513824

Why Toho is doing animated Godzilla films now to 2020. It's a legal loophole given they made a deal with Legendary Pictures that they cannot make a new live-action Godzilla movie till after Godzilla vs. Kong.
>>
>>94514403

So needs Godzilla into Hell and Rulers of the Earth. Maybe Cataclysm?
>>
>>94507312
You forgot /mu/ Godzilla you uncultured swine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myqSETD5_bs
>>
>>94515921
Totally forgivable. BOC is overrated as fuck
>>
File: made me reply.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
made me reply.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>94515969
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.