[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell is Doom's governing plan anyway?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: 1492898865562.jpg (43KB, 620x487px) Image search: [Google]
1492898865562.jpg
43KB, 620x487px
Stuff we've known for decades that haven't been changed:

>airtight borders
>Latveria is "European"
>nobody emmigrates
>looks like Medieval England from a BBC Show
>robots do all the work
>Latveria is a Balkan state
>Latverians were delighted to see Doom back after he left the country
>there have been Latverian SHIELD Agents
>a Latverian had gone on a trip in the US
>Doom's tried to conquer neighboring countries in the past

Stuff we can deduce from that:

>Latverians can't leave the place easily
>the predominant religion is Eastern Christian Orthodoxy
>Doom's regime is not that opressive to the common peasant...

But in recent years, we've seen the additions of:

>a guilotine and furnace
>"first who stops clapping gets shot" mandate
>all faiths are allowed in Latveria, with a Mosque being built

Can someone explain to me how all this shit jives? He goes to war against fuckign Wakanda, but Dracula offers his hand in partnership, and Doom goes "fuck ya, racism's bad, kys"? A proper monarch, personal beliefs aside, would have national security against invading forces as his #1 priority. Imagine a guy like Doom, who's a damn dictator. Moreover, he refers to the "True Cross" in quotation marks. So he bellitles Dracula for insuating that Islam is inferior, while himself making a mockery of Christianity? How does this make sense? Especially to a European king who wants to keep things "as is".
>>
>>94506908
Seriously, are Marvel writers braindead or something? They keep adding stuff that make him seem not only bipolar, but downright "Bendis' Moon Knight" tier crazy. At one point he kills people for not clapping, then he burns "traitors", then he has airtight borders and feels proud about his Euro-identity, and then turns all "peace be upon you friends of all races, colors and creeds".

Have they forgotten that he's, y'know, a villain dictator? Villain dictators absolutely would not allow anything or anyone to "ruin" he country they've molded.

Sure, you can bring up the gypsy thing, but they're religious as hell, so he probably grew up as Eastern Orthodox. And just because you're part of one minority doesn't mean you love all others. Balkan people are known for hating each other's guts.

TL;DR: Doom's characterizationa dn motives have gone to the crapper because they try to play up the "noble monarch" angle, when it makes a lick ofsense, while also adding some Mao/Nazi-tier dictator tendencies.
>>
>>94506908
It blows my mind that Dracula is head-of-state in the MCU.
>>
Simpler explanation: Different writers take the country in different directions based on whatever story they're trying to tell.

I'd also include that Doom is a gigantic dictatorial autocrat, and Doom has a big doom based cult of personality.

Doom also doesn't discriminate against mutants, and has a competitive youth academy.

I suspect Doom would allow people to emmigrate, but they have to swear loyalty to doom, possibly while hooked up to a polygraph machine.
>>
>>94506968
Is he still? I thought after the "Dracul-LLLLLAAAAAA: AniMUUUU EDDD-DI-TION" he lost all of his rights and whatnot.
>>
>>94507032
>Simpler explanation: Different writers take the country in different directions based on whatever story they're trying to tell.

Sure, biut what, am I supposed to just construct my own version of Doom and disregard everything else as non-canon?

>I'd also include that Doom is a gigantic dictatorial autocrat, and Doom has a big doom based cult of personality.

All the more reason for him to really be "no external parasites allowed". Remember Andrew Ryan from the Bioshock games? He created his Paradise, and only accepted who he deemed worthy. That's what Doom realistically would be. Not a guy who builds Mosques in the middle of his European Village while running around dressed as Merlyn crossed with King Arthur with a dash of "The Man in the Iron Mask".

>Doom also doesn't discriminate against mutants, and has a competitive youth academy.

Mutants are living WMDs though. The more you own, the more powerful your army is. Doom being open to them coming to Latveria reeks of strategic input.

>I suspect Doom would allow people to emmigrate, but they have to swear loyalty to doom, possibly while hooked up to a polygraph machine.

Sure, but they'd have to become "proper" Latverians to stay. Them retaining their customs and beliefs goes against the dictator's mindset.
>>
Did they show any pictures of what the mosque looks like? Because I could imagine that the mosque is a broom closet next to the bathrooms at a sausage factory, where they have doombots ask everyone who enters:

>DO YOU LOVE DOOM MORE THAN ALLAH?

>ARE YOU GLAD THAT ALLAH BLESSED YOU WITH DOOM?

>WHAT DOES ALLAH THINK OF REED RICHARDS

>ENGAGING IN PETTY SUPERSTICIONS ARE BENEATH YOU.

>YOU WILL OF COURSE MAKE UP ANY LOST TIME TO DOOM FOR YOUR ACTIVITIES HERE.

Or the mosque is actually the size of a Lunchbox, and both practicing muslims open it up and sit in front of it.
>>
>>94507417
That was pretty funny anon, honestly. I can buy Doom allowing certain people inside the country, but they must to adhere to the Latverian MO. Meaning drop their accents, customs, language, religion and adopt the dominant Latverian analogues.
>>
>>94507117
>Sure, biut what, am I supposed to just construct my own version of Doom and disregard everything else as non-canon?
In a way. It's kind of like Batman, who spouts diametrically different beliefs depending on the writer. Although with Marvel they don't even hide that their preference is "fun over canon".
>>
>>94507513
The thing is, Doom's a villain. He's a dictator. A good one, maybe. But still. Writers try to "humanize" him by removing the very things that make him a dictator. And it's stupid. At this point, having a headcanon is the only way to make sense of it all.
>>
>>94507559
Maybe some writers idealize dictators and think the "strong hand of the leader" is not so bad.
>>
>>94507638
That doesn't mean that he'd be all "let's sing kumbayah and praiseAllah Muhhamad". Even if he was a good dictator, ie just a Fairy Tale King, I really fucking doubt he'd allow Fatima to wear a burqua in the grand opening of the Nutcracker.

In other words, Marvel writers are fucking morons.
>>
>>94507693
>I really fucking doubt he'd allow Fatima to wear a burqua in the grand opening of the Nutcracker.

A burqua isn't that different from traditional babushka peasant wear. I can imagine Doom allowing one that looked like his cloak as well.
>>
>>94507738
You're thinking of the hijab. A borqua covers everything. And Doom is the King. I doubthe'd allow anybody else to dress like the King. I mean, have you noticed any Nobles in Latveria?

Pointis, Dictators are crazy cunts obsessed with "their" order. Take all that and you just get a "revolutionary who became a King". That's all fine and dandy, but we're talking about the same go who harassed a whole family daily. He's absolutely not a nice guy.
>>
You know, it's possible that, being an Eastern European country, Latveria was once under Ottoman control. For all we know there's a major subset of the population that still adheres to Islam a la Bosnia. So for Dracula to be all "ban Muslims now" it'd just seem silly to Doom, if there's already an established presence in the region.

Let's also consider that Doom may be welcoming of immigrants because Latveria could have a dwindling population.
>>
I'm actually pretty surprised Doom hasn't outlawed all religion in favor of a state run theocracy that just worships Doom as a god-king.

Then again, I can see why he'd make the whole country religiously tolerant: He can point to any nation on earth and say how Latveria is "better" because he doesn't allow bigotry (mainly because he murders anyone who effects the status quo). Of course that would require nuance and subtlety in characterization, which are dirty words at Marvel.
>>
>>94507907
Countries that were under Ottoman control wanted nothing more than to be free of it. The Muslim communities of these countries more often than not consider themselves a different sect and don't get along with the locals. I mean, if you were enslaved for 400, you wouldn't want anything that reminded you fo that time around you. Hell, the groups over at Greece I think up North which are Muslims were cheering for Erdogan's win a few months back, when he passed that bill that ultimately gave him full control over the government.
>>
>>94507907
Also, Doom has way better state security than...well, anyone. Before Achmed plows a cargo van through a crowd of Latverians, he'd probably have his shit pushed in by Doombots.

I can totally see Doom being like "I can bring in immigrants and they don't cause problems because they love me so much" when the reality is he just murders the ones he thinks will cause trouble.
>>
>>94507932
>I'm actually pretty surprised Doom hasn't outlawed all religion in favor of a state run theocracy that just worships Doom as a god-king.
He's not that vain...right?

>He can point to any nation on earth and say how Latveria is "better" because he doesn't allow bigotry
That's what Hickman alluded to, which I can buy. "Hey Abdul, change your name to Kresner, but if you want to pray to Allah or something you can do it... in your home". I don't think he'd waste money on Mosques or Hindu Temples or whatever.
>>
>>94507907
So was Dracula's country though.
>>
File: svtu7e.jpg (446KB, 841x540px) Image search: [Google]
svtu7e.jpg
446KB, 841x540px
>>94507907
>Dwindling population
DOOM will simply make his people correct this situation themselves, HIMSELF if need be. No need for....interlopers.
>>
>>94506908
>implying Doom would side with fucking Dracula, one of the only characters in fiction more evil than himself
>implying Doom is a racist
Why did you get into bitching about comics rather than actually reading them? How much of a faggot are you? Doom's family and friends were ethnically cleansed of course he would hate people who want to do the same. Also who doesn't hate vampires?
>>
>>94507994
Is Dracula the only true Balkan hero in Marvel Comics?!
>>
File: XEKBOix.jpg (75KB, 579x388px) Image search: [Google]
XEKBOix.jpg
75KB, 579x388px
>>94507970
He's pretty fucking vain.
>>
>>94507947
I'm not saying this theoretical muslim population would be pro-Ottoman, just that they'd still follow some form of Islam. As for not getting along with the rest, we can assume Doom's iron fist sorted all that out along with any other ethnic differences in the area.

>>94507994
As the other anon pointed out, Dracula doesn't/didn't have an army of policebots or an Orwellian grip on his people.

We can assume Doom otherwise doesn't give a shit about religion provided it doesn't undermine his rule, since the guy is close to Strange's level of magic and has thus Seen Some Shit beyond petty Earthly beliefs.
>>
>>94507693
>calling a racist vampire a racist means that he sings muslim hymns
>accuses others of headcanoning
Fucking kill yourself dude
>>
>>94508028
>chilling at home
>Dr. Doom swings by to fuck your wife

This is like that Darkseid cake copypasta
>>
>>94508030
>>94508054
You seem to really hate Vampires anon. Were you molested by a guy cosplaying as Count Count back in the day?
>>
>>94507117
>Sure, biut what, am I supposed to just construct my own version of Doom and disregard everything else as non-canon?
Everything you don't like is a malfunctioning Doombot.
>>
>>94508084
It's like a built-in failsafe!
>>
File: TheCount-3.jpg (14KB, 213x240px) Image search: [Google]
TheCount-3.jpg
14KB, 213x240px
>>94508069
>Van, aTwo, aThree!
>Three fingers in your ass! Ah ah ah.
>>
>>94507970
>He's not that vain...right
Are you fucking joking?
I don't think he'd make a literal religion around himself but he'd definitely place himself above any religion or deity. So he'd make a religion around himself....but wouldn't call it such.
>>
>>94507970
>He's not that vain...right?
>>
File: Vlad_Tepes_002.jpg (128KB, 800x969px) Image search: [Google]
Vlad_Tepes_002.jpg
128KB, 800x969px
>>94506908
Dracula's dislike of the Islamic world is entirely justified, not "petty racism". It's like saying Magneto is a racist for hating Nazis.
>>
>>94508127
I take Hickman with a bit of salt. He never Doom wanked. He made Doom the lesser of God Reed without Reed actually doing anything and butchered Reed's character in the process.
>>
>>94508139
You're really expecting Marvel writers to grasp what the Ottomans did to Eastern Europe anon? These are the same people portraying gypsies as beautiful and opressed minorities. Marvel is literal trash. Marvelfags have only themselves to blame.
>>
>>94508139
spearing these sand cunts up like that was one of the best things a human has ever done.
>>
>>94508084
>Everything you don't like is a malfunctioning Doombot.
Well, just like canon then.
>>
>>94506908
Let's step back here and actually analyze what you presented
>airtight borders
Unless muslims are literally running a crusade into Latveria and Romania then Doom gives no shits about Islam. The conversation ends right there, he's just not gonna let them in. So dracula is being a fucking retard and deserves to be shit on. And let's be real here Doom could hardly give a shit about what god you wirship as long as their will doesn't supercede that of DOOM
>>
File: 2098120-sp.png (2MB, 889x1360px) Image search: [Google]
2098120-sp.png
2MB, 889x1360px
Read Doom 2099!!!
There was a storytime recently.
>>
>>94508069
No but my family was killed by vampires
>>
>>94506908
I've always wanted Doom to start is own mutant team because he's not been a specific douche to mutant as a thing in the past. It would never happen though as per the current stat of mutants.
>>
>>94508166
>Hickman never Doom wanked.
Hickman is only behind Byrne in Doomwankery.
>>
>>94507826
>DOOM DECLARES THAT YOUR DRESS IS VERY MODEST AND APPROPRIATE AND THANKS YOU FOR YOUR GIFT OF EXCESSIVE HEADWEAR, WHICH WILL CLOTHE LATVERIAN ORPHANS IN THE WINTER.

>>94507932
I imagine a religiously tolerant country, where all churches are subservient to DOOM. State appointed Imans/priests only. 5 minuite sermons thanking Doom.

>>94507967
>when the reality is he just murders the ones he thinks will cause trouble.
Hey, it worked for Attaturk, and he had arguably the least fucked up islamic country since the Ottoman.

>>94508028
>>94508065
I could also imagine doom not having sex, but just ballroom dancing, pony rides an a magical tour of fairlyand just because he fucking can.

>>94508035
What other contenders are there. Hell, I'm having a hard time coming up with 5 balkan characters. There's the 3 fuckers from the Punisher: Slavers.

>>94508069
It was count chocula.
>>
>>94506908
Why would Doom be against religions, as long as their clergy isn't anti-Doom? Doom himself is above religion because he is a magician and a scientist, but he does not think his subjects need to be atheists. Religion is opiates to the masses after all. Useful tool to keep people in check.

Doom can also be quite benevolent to people as long as it strokes his vain ego. Emigration is not allowed freely because mass exodus would imply his country isn't perfect, but people coming in are welcome as long as they bend the knee and swear loyalty to Doom and promise to adhere his rule.
>>
>>94507932
Why would Doom outlaw religion when he can commission artists to draw him gaining the blessings of many deities to rule the country? I can honestly see Doom being so vain that he writes an epic about his globetrotting adventures in ancient times encountering various gods of faiths, like a bizarre mishmash of Gilgamesh, The Bible, Hanuman, and Journey to the West.
>>
>>94506908
>Islam is a race
>>
>>94508432
I bet Latverian cinema is some insane shit
>>
>>94507932
Dr. Doom doesn't want his people to worship him as a God because he isn't one. Yet.
>>
>>94508327
>ANYONE MAY BECOME A RELIGIOUS LEADER IN LATVERIA, REGARDLESS OF RELIGION. SIMPLY BRING YOUR RELIGIOUS TEXTS TO DOOM. AT CASTLE DOOM. IN PERSON. AND BE PREPARED TO ANSWER A FEW SIMPLE QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR FAITH.

>>94508469
I honestly want to see someone do a page or two depicting a latverian WW2 movie.
>>
>>94508514
It would be about how the Nazis were oppressing Latverian people (with the previous rulers being akin to French Vichy regime) but the gypsy partisans valiantly stood against the fascist dogs.
>>
>>94506908

doom kicks ass
>>
>>94506908
Isn't Dracula a servant of the devil? Didn't Doom have to throttle the devil to get back his mom's soul? Why would allying with Dracula be a good idea?
>>
>>94508564
>THAT IS AN EXCELLENT MOVIE CONCEPT. HOWEVER, IT NEEDS MORE DOOM.
>>
>>94508642
>Twas Werner & Cynthia Von Doom, the Doctor and the Sorcereress who stood before the vile German Dogs to defend the true Aryans, the Gypsies!
>And so, it is no strange event that LORD DOOM has mastery over SCIENCE and SORCERY
>SCIENCE better than that pesky RICHARDS
>And SORCERY infinitely more mystical than that charlatan STRANGE
>>
>>94508457
>specifically talking about middle easterners coming through the Balkans
>race isn't a factor
>>
>>94508758
And why the hell would you allow people totally incompatible with the region pass through? They won't assimilate, as they'll bring their culture with them. Balkan lands aren't big enough to be multi-cultural, so they'll most certainly lose their identity. Any good leader knows that.It's the bigger, more diverse and advanced countries who should be pulling that weight. You don't give a starving child guard duty, you give it to the 6'4 /fit/ guy.
>>
>>94507045
Its not like you can lose rights to something which is already public domain. Marvel still has Dracula, but he looks widely different than the one in OP.
>>
>>94509066
I think he meant rights to his title as Count or leader of his nation.
>>
>>94508028
Seriously, Doom?
>>
>>94509083
Oh, I see... Last time I was skulking in a building playing video games all day long after being defeated by Old Man Logan. He cucked Deadpool out of his wife Shiklah and the two disappeared leaving their monster nations behind. So yeah, he is no longer head of his own state.
>>
>>94508283
Could happen, Doom opens up Latveria for mutants seeking asylum.
>>
>>94509425
Remember how the Asgardian thing turned out? Doom would be gutting mutants left and right.
>>
>>94506915
Shooter no longer works at marvel anon, this means characters personality's, characterizations, and history can and will change depending on the writer, same shit happens everywhere. It won't be changing anytime soon since Bendis is their goldenboy since you faggots couldn't stop sucking his dick over how amazing you thought his spiderman run was
>>
>>94511033
>since you faggots couldn't stop sucking his dick over how amazing you thought his spiderman run was
Not me anon. I never had an LCS in my country until a few years ago. I've been a pirate most of my life.
>>
>>94508883
Not Doom's problem
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.