[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's it coming along?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

File: 1501894328898.png (514KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1501894328898.png
514KB, 630x630px
How's it coming along?
>>
One of these days I'm gonna fuckin fuck a fuck.
>>
Wanted to say thanks to the anon who recommended the 3 sentence motivational method, cranked out 3 paragraphs. Not much, but a surprising motivator
>>
>>94499929
yw
>>
>>94499929
The what now?
>>
File: 1429906878744.gif (2MB, 400x332px) Image search: [Google]
1429906878744.gif
2MB, 400x332px
One script down, three and an ongoing to go in my first bulk of projects.

Creativity is fun.
>>
>>94499848
I'm almost done with the third script.
>>
File: tumblr_oow79fzVd71sh51vjo3_1280.png (523KB, 1280x1616px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oow79fzVd71sh51vjo3_1280.png
523KB, 1280x1616px
>>94499848
Making some progress on chapter 13.
>>
File: Frith.gif (474KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Frith.gif
474KB, 500x281px
>>94499848
It is 1am, I just got home from work, if dubs I will write a paragraph
>>
>>94501840
Frith wants me to sleep it seems, I have some time off tomorrow.
>>
>>94501848
its about a thicc qt super-heroine so Im sure /co/ would like to see it.
>>
>>94499848
started a really self indulgent camp camp fanfic the other day, ended up writing 6 pages but it's still ongoing because I haven't finished it yet, too bad it's not in english but I'm writing it for myself so it's ok
>>
File: face.gif (380KB, 240x265px) Image search: [Google]
face.gif
380KB, 240x265px
>>94499848
I love supergirl
>>
>>94501864
Can I fuck her?
>>
File: black.gif (611KB, 400x255px) Image search: [Google]
black.gif
611KB, 400x255px
>>94501984
Why is Timm so good at getting my dick diamonds with just a face?
>>
>>94499929
explain
>>
>>94499848
I gave up writing after getting rejected for my slow pacing which I deemed necessary for the story. I wanted to turn it into a novel but my well ran dry.. Now I draw, and get money off poor suckers. Hopefully, I can gather enough supporters to start a Patreon and get some money. In my country 1000 dollars can get you a lot.
>>
So poorly I think I'm going to kill myself.
>>
>>94502381
Why not just draw your own thing?
>>
>>94499848
Started a story a month ago, dropped it due to Adam West's death.

Got boredish so writing INJ2 quotes like an autist for an impossible character.
>>
>>94502527
not that anon but I'm assuming it's because that doesn't pay the bills
>>
>>94502152
A person recommended to people with writer's block to dish out just 3 sentences a day.
Usually just writing that much leads to you wanting to keep going further.
>>
>>94502591
ah thanks anon I will try it
>>
>>94502597
OK.
>>
>>94502581
>make comic
>sell comic
>receive financial recourse based on the quality and marketability of the product
>>
>>94502659
it doesn't work as well as taking commissions or having a mildly successful patreon, it's harder to get your comic published in the first place, let alone it selling an adequate amount of copies
>>
>>94502747
I doubt anon is paying bills with commissions either. It's actually easier than ever to mass publish a comic, but it's harder than ever to get people to buy one.
>>
Still writing the second of my superhero deconstruction novel trilogy. Already self-published the first one but haven't marketed it yet or anything.
>>
>>94499900
I believe in you

>>94502791
>spoiler
how'd that go? how does one even diagnose that?
>>
>>94502905
I break apart the logistics I imagine real life superheroes would face and work that around the story. The trick is to avoid tropes that have already been done: Watchmen, Futurama, and Kickass. So far though my stories contain almost none of the stuff those former series did.
>>
How does one decide what to create about? I wanna create so that I can hone my skills and get better but I can't think of anything to create. I'd take requests but they'd expect quality and I can't guarantee quality in return. How do you guys come up with ideas?
>>
>>94502990
You might just not be creative.
>>
>>94502990
Tweak an existing idea.
>>
>>94499848
I have a rough draft for the world and setting.
>>
>>94502990
search for art a lot, save the art you like, re-elaborate the concepts in that art and find patterns
alternatively think about what makes your kokoro go dokidoki
>>
Just started finding artists for the scripts.
>>
>>94499848
A fanfiction that I started and then haven't touched in about a month
>>
I have ideas for novels and maybe comics but have no motivation to write because I don't think they'd be good enough to publish or anything
>>
>>94504295
Twilight and 50 Shades got published.
>>
>>94504023
Same except it's been about three months and mine's lewd
>>
I finally finished the chapter where Sunset Shimmer fucks Rarity, it took two weeks to write but it turned out okay, but still that took too long. Hopefully the chapter where Sunset fucks Applejack will take less time, though it probably won't be as exciting.
>>
I finished chapter 4 of my book. Then became overwhelmed by Cubs Baseball and haven't written more than a page since. It's been about 2 weeks
>>
>>94504316
great motivation.
gonna write my novel now.
but i'm gonna make it gooood
>>
File: 1478106111186.jpg (22KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1478106111186.jpg
22KB, 512x384px
>>94499848
Well, I've got an idea. It's tricky but I think it could work.
You know all those moments in your life when you think to yourself 'If only I'd known then what I know now'? Well, this is a story about a man who does.

It's about a guy in his mid-30's who's single and depressed and miserable. Works a white collar cubicle job and spends his days desperately trying to numb the pain. He's supposed to be a generic every man that the reader can relate to. Obviously aimed at a male audience.
One night he goes to bed and he wakes up in the body of his teenage self. No time travel machine, no divine intervention (although there is a plan to explore some theological themes later) no sinister plan, no alien influence, nothing. Just BAM, teenager again.

He's given absolutely no guidance whatsoever. No mysterious notes or voices in his head or anything like that. He's just got a second chance. At first he's suicidal at the thought of having to relive the misery all over again but then he realizes the scope of this opportunity.

So the story progresses and it's basically a retelling of how he lives his life with foreknowledge of what's to come.

I've done some research and near as I can tell, there's nothing else like it. Most stories usually have some kind of guiding figure or control element or temporal causality paradox but this has none of that. It's all about the human condition.

What do you think?
>>
File: 1354075181254.jpg (9KB, 222x218px) Image search: [Google]
1354075181254.jpg
9KB, 222x218px
>tfw have 117 pages written yet I have no name for the world this story takes place on
>>
>>94503020
This is mostly what I do.
Take anime/manga ideas that were promising, but were ultimately wasted due to stupid Japanese writing tropes, and turn them into something worthwhile.
Worthwhile to me, anyways.
>>
>>94503020
>>94506193
Fucking this.

Alternatively, take two existing ideas and meld them together
>>
I'm writing a novella about a woman who was recently dumped and finds Gef the talking mongoose in her car. She's not sure if she's gone insane or not, but Gef hopes that even if she is insane that she'll stay that way so he can keep existing.
>>
I'm into the final third of my fanfic. I've had lots of ideas over the years but this is my first time writing an actual story
>>
>>94505986
either mash random syllables together for half an hour until you get something you like the ring of, or open random pages of a latin dictionary and corrupt a thematically related word
>>
>>94505953
Not a bad idea. It might lose its impact given the audience doesn't know the original timeline.
>>
>>94499848
It's going ok, at times, but lately I haven't updated in months due to real life problems and I'm just now able so sit in front of my computer for more than a few hours.

I'm just worried that my (few) fans have left and are angry with me.
>>
I'm working on some writing, but I'm hesitant to post stuff online in fear of ideas getting stolen, and sometimes people like being jerks to your work for fun. I don't really have anyone to share my writing with in the real world. And my parents aren't the best for getting advice for my writing. Since they aren't familiar with things like comics, anime or manga, and sometimes they like to try and force the own ideas into the story, even when it doesn't really mesh well with what I had in mind. Am I being silly?
>>
>>94507903
Just post a generic outline. Doesn't have to be specific
>>
>>94507945

That works, then people get the idea and I don't have to share too many plot of character specific details.
>>
>>94499848
I'm writing a film script about two young tourists who meet in a hotel in New York and explore the city at night and they see the sights together. I plan to make it very dialogue driven and visually driven. If I can't make it into a movie, I'm going to see if one of my artist friends can adapt it into a comic book.
>>
The most autistic, fanfictiony, wish-fulfillment bullshit I've ever seen.
>>>>>>/tg/54764714
I'm ashamed and filled with self-loathing.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.