[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of making comic book movie adaptions anymore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 3

File: capeshit.jpg (156KB, 908x1286px) Image search: [Google]
capeshit.jpg
156KB, 908x1286px
What's the point of making comic book movie adaptions anymore when we've already peaked?

It can only go downhill from here.
>>
File: 1501465303416.jpg (302KB, 922x703px) Image search: [Google]
1501465303416.jpg
302KB, 922x703px
>>94491145
>trinity
>>
>>94491175
how new
>>
>>94491175
tetralogy?
>>
/tv/ please your memes are shit
>>
>>94491221
fuck off retard
>>
>>94491145
haha way to go mods

just

make

this

board

die

you faggots
>>
>>94491233
oh no what will i do without my precious SU containment board
>>
>>94491145

That's pessimistic. One of those movies came out just this year. How can you say we have peaked, when we are clearly still climbing to new heights?
>>
>>94491271
Logan was the missing piece.
>>
>>94491145
>soul
>spirit
Okay
>>
>>94491145
Spider-Man. KEK
>>
>>94491287
>not knowing the difference between soul and spirit
fag
>>
Is there literally some sort of push to shitpost on /co/? It feels bizarre that we get these surges of really shitty threads.
>>
>>94491311
yet you're completely fine with 24/7 SU generals
>>
>>94491145
>Iron Man
>Not Superman The Movie
>>
>>94491145
>trinity
>four films

the fuck
>>
>>94491320
Well nigger it's one thread and I pay literally zero attention to it, so sure. It's not 20 fucking threads about retarded /tv/ shit or muh blacks/SJWs/women. It's also literally about a fucking cartoon, which you may have noticed is 1/2 of this board.

So yeah I am much more OK with that than these. Are you one of the faggots who makes this kind of thread multiple times a day?
>>
>>94491434
Didn't read. Stop complaining so much, faggot.
>>
>>94491460
Your meme is still shit
>>
>>94491311
My theory: comic-con made it "ok" for people to post about the live action movies for DC/Marvel. /tv/ saw this and has been nonstop marketing/shilling/"ironically" shitposting ever since. The mods have being instructed by their higher ups to allow increased traffic on all boards as long as it isn't illegal for the sole purpose of increasing page hits which means increased revenue for the site as a whole. What they don't realize is that demographically the enormous increase in unique users are 14-16 year olds from reddit who do not actually have any purchasing power so in a few months when everyone realizes that more page hits =/= any actual purchasing the advertisers will pull out, but since the new users have become rampant they will be effectively unbannable due to a combination of phone posting and dynamic IPs and any actual strong users will have moved on to a different website. This is entirely the mods fault and I'm sure they know it, that's why so many of them quit recently and /pol_the_donald/ mods bought their positions.
>>
>>94491311
Maybe /tv/ is shitposting in small dedicated bursts. Which I can sympathize with almost. Their original board is a fucking shithole.
>>
>>94491525
occam's razor: live action is allowed on /co/ per the rules page and you're just a whiny faggot
>>
>>94491557
It quite literally and in no figurative sense of the word is against the rules you underage fuckstick
>>
>>94491525
I'm the anon you're replying to and that's some fucking conspiracy theory m8.
>>
When will we ban live action from /co/?
>>
>>94491525
>The mods have being instructed by their higher ups to allow increased traffic on all boards as long as it isn't illegal for the sole purpose of increasing page hits which means increased revenue for the site as a whole
This is the only part that makes sense to me. Hiro is greedy.

>This is entirely the mods fault and I'm sure they know it, that's why so many of them quit recently
How do you know this??
>>
>>94491311
I noticed that the last 2 days it got worse.

It sure is 100% because of /tv/ shitposting about Rick&Morty, this made them come here and try to drag the board to their level with shitty memes.
>>
>>94491601
Man I'm telling you I believe what I said. Hiro has only ever been in it for the money.
>>
>>94491614
same time /pol/ gets deleted

take a hint. If you don't like the site, fucking leave.
>>
>>94491525

> that's why so many of them quit recently and /pol_the_donald/ mods bought their positions.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>94491145
>no BvS
Shit image, OP.
>>
>>94491626
>How do you know this??
Honestly hearing mostly second hand from other boards and people who use the discord how people from /pol/ have been increasingly trying and succeeding in becoming moderators to push their agendas through aggressive campaigns across all boards, the easiest way of course by gaining a moderator position. That combined with the rate of accelerated "janitor applications are now going out" posts in the header
>>
>>94491682

>implying i'm going to leave a site i've been visiting for 10 years just because underage shitposters started flooding in
>>
>>94491712
uh huh. And the reason you're doing that double space thing that has literally only ever existed in the past 8 months is because...you've been here 10 years
>>
same faggots ITT complaining about live action are the same marvelfags that flood MCU threads when one releases
>>
>>94491145

> idiots gotta idiot

A. Four movies is one more than a trinity
B. Three shitty movies with one decent, albeit predictable movie (and the only recent one of the list) is, as others have pointed out, far from proof that we just 'peaked'
>>
>>94491737
>>94491682
Fucking retard.You did it your goddamn self.
>>
>>94491712
>that double space thing that has literally only ever existed in the past 8 months
u wot m8
>>
>>94491744
Why are you making it a company thing? /tv/ fags do it for every capeshit movie that comes out.
>>
And now the mods are trying to autosage the thread. Wonderful. Totally not playing their hand. Superb.
>>
>>94491145
sage kinoshitter threads
>>>/tv/
>>
>>94491708
A /tv/ moderator was legitimately outed as a /pol/tard but I don't really believe this. It seems more like the mods are mostly inactive rather than biased on most boards. And you can't become a mod without being a janitor first.
>>
>>94491145
Man, fuck off. Logan was a piece of shit as was spiderman 2.
>>
>>94491286
This.
>>
>>94491891
Shit taste
>>
>thread about capeshit turns into /pol/ discussion
The autistic paranoia on this board is hilarious.
>>
>>94491869
>autosage the thread
What are you talking about faggot?
>>
>>94491145
"What's the point of making capeshit movie adaptations when they've already peaked?"

fify
>>
>>94491891
logan, guardians of the galaxy 1 and 2, and deadpool are thus far the best marvel movies. get off my lawn
>>
>>94492053
What am I talking about? I'm talking about how a thread that gets 40 replies in 20 minutes with less than a minute between posts "all of a sudden" drops from page 1 to page 3.
>>
>>94491145
Hey, listen up. I've only ever read a handful of superhero comics, but I've seen plenty of shitty superhero movies, and I'm here to tell you what the best 5 are. Check it out:

1. Unbreakable
2. Ichi the Killer
2. Chronicle
3. The Incredibles
4. The Avengers

I was gonna go for 10, but there aren't 10 good ones. Tim Burton's Batman movies should probably be in there somewhere, but I haven't seen them in too long.
>>
>>94492025
>>94492088
Yeah, no, please explain to me how a dystopian future in which charles xavier's actions not only led to the immediate deaths of his students, protegees, civilians, and best friend, not to mention fucking almost the entirety of mutant kind, he didn't even accomplish his goal of bringing humanity and mutants together. Oh and if that wasn't bad enough, the man becomes a fucking vegetable when hopped on morphine when he's not losing control of his powers and having his ass wiped by the one fucking guy who's had an even more shit life than him. Fuck logan and the people who supported that dog shit pile of an excuse for a movie.
>>
>>94492437
What you're describing is why Logan was good. It was dark and depressing. It showed Xavier and Logan at their lowest. It was a good break from the usual capeshit.
>>
>>94491288
Look at this mouseketeer, seething because his precious Homecomimg couldn't even live up to the Raimi trilogy's worst offering. Look at him and laugh.
>>
>>94491229
No, /tv/, you fuck off you nigger
>>
>>94492549
fuck off retard
>>
>>94491320
I would love a /tv/ general for all you mongoloids, that would be an excellent compromise
>>
>>94491311
/co/ has become a crossroads of up to 5 different kinds of cancer:
>reddit
>tumblr
>/pol/
>/tv/
>/r9k/
/v/ will probably set up shop next, then we'll be looking at /co/'s eternal summer.
>>
>>94492591
You're posting in it. Now fuck off.
>>
>>94492610
Why does /co/ think they're some good board that's being invaded? We've always been shit.
>>
>>94492610

>then we'll be looking at /co/'s eternal summer.
it's funny how dumb you are
>>
>>94492514
Man, fuck that depressing ass bullshit. If I wanted a story about man's suffering and hubris, I'd go read King Lear. When I come to watch a capeshit movie, or hell ANY movie, I want a happy ending because life's already sad and depressing enough.
>>
>>94491708
I'd rather /pol/tards moderating than SJWs desu
>>
>>94492724
Capekino just isn't for you then
>>
>>94492746
This would be /tv/, and /tv/ is considered one of the worst things of this site.

I would rather have a normalfag as mod rather than this place be /tv/.
>>
File: cunt.jpg (30KB, 344x291px) Image search: [Google]
cunt.jpg
30KB, 344x291px
>>94492756
>capekino
>MARTHAAAAAAA
>>
>>94492806
>/pol/ and /tv/ are the same
Wanna know how I know you're retarded?
>>
>>94491301
I'm not a closeted Roman Catholic Christian Kingdom Hearts loving homosexual so please explain
>>
>>94492636
/co/ is a shitty board, but it's shittiness is usually a cross between autistic sperging over NOT MUH comic books and autistic sperging over NOT MUH ANIMATION and a nonnegligable degree of unironic tumblrposting due to the high overlap between a lot of /co/ interests and a lot of Tumblr "fandoms"..
I don't think /pol/posting is a real isssue but /tv/ crossposting is a real issue, spurred on by the overlap between capeshit comics/cartoons and capeshit movies/television, that causes a lot of low effort posting (PICKLE RIIIICK, Rotten Tomatoes, Twitter screencaps).
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.