[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Da fuq?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1222.jpg (126KB, 300x231px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1222.jpg
126KB, 300x231px
>"Aladdin was a popular movie!"
>*makes Aladdin the animated series*
>"The Lion King was a popular movie!"
>*makes Timon and Pumba the animated series*
>"The Jungle Book was a popular movie!"
>*makes Airplane Casablanca the animated series*
>>
>>94487918
you have them out of order. it makes more sense if you look at it in the order it actually happened
>>
File: IMG_1223.jpg (53KB, 600x669px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1223.jpg
53KB, 600x669px
>>94488041
>>
>>94488108
He means that talespin came first, right between Rescue Rangers and Darkwing, you 00s-era memer.
>>
>>94487918
iirc, it was originally supposed to be a series about Launchpad from Ducktales and Darkwing Duck
>>
They did also make a Jungle Book cartoon with all the characters except Mowgli and also they were kids but all hung out and knew each other even if they didn't as adults.
>>
>>94488531
I always though how sad it was that some of them were destined to become enemies.
>>
>>94488418
That still doesn't make the premise of the show any less bizarre.
>>94488485
>Initially, Disney simply commissioned Magon and Zaslove with creating a thirty-minute animated program for them, with no requirements as to what the show should be about. Nearing the deadline for a pitch without having come up with anything, Magon hit upon the idea of making the story about Baloo, one of the central characters of Disney's The Jungle Book, which had recently been theatrically rereleased. The pair then decided to have Baloo work for an air delivery service, a concept occasionally featured on Disney's successful DuckTales. In order to add dramatic tension, they decided to maintain the impressionable son / bad father dynamic which had driven part of the plot of The Jungle Book, replacing the human Mowgli with the anthropomorphic bear Kit. Inspired by Cheers—then one of the most popular programs on television—Magon and Zaslove created the character Rebecca, basing her on the character Rebecca Howe and giving her that character's arc of being an intelligent and headstrong yet inexperienced manager put in charge of a fledgling business. Deciding to make the show a period piece, the pair lastly decided to make one of the show's primary locations a neutral zone inspired by Rick Blaine's bar in Casablanca, where they inserted the character of Louie in place of Rick. The decision to add Shere Khan to the cast was not made until later in the show's development.[4]
>>
File: flying boat04.jpg (189KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
flying boat04.jpg
189KB, 720x480px
>>94487918
>*makes Airplane Casablanca the animated series

It's more of a animated Tales of the Gold Monkey.
>>
>>94487918
It, like Rescue Rangers, was never pitched as a new series with old movie characters. They pitched the premise for both and some higher up didn't think they could last with entire oc cast. With Talespin, Jungle Book was set to be re-released so they green lit making the main character Baloo, threw Louie in as a bartender/club owner and Sheer Kahn as a Lex Luthor character.

Rescue Rangers I think was just supposed to be one lead, not the two with Chip and Dale. But no one got behind the of cast and someone suggested Chip and Dale.
>>
>>94487918
I don't even care, because Talespin was fantastic as a kid.

Now I appreciate it as "Crimson Skies with Animals for Some Reason"
>>
>>94487918
To be fair, they only fucked up on the middle one.
>>
>>94487918
Aladdin series was awesome. Timon & Pumba was trash. Talespin was fucking gold.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.