[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In my opinion, Batman shouldn't be a member of the Justice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: JustUsLeague.jpg (339KB, 1469x951px) Image search: [Google]
JustUsLeague.jpg
339KB, 1469x951px
In my opinion, Batman shouldn't be a member of the Justice League. Which sucks, because his friendships with Diana and Clark are some of his greatest character moments.

But he always feels out of place, ALWAYS. He's stealthy to the other 6's aggression, he's intelligent enough to lead but not inspiring enough and I think thusly Superman should lead. (Although both New52 and Rebirth have had good reasons why he doesn't).

Fundamentally he works best as a character when he's somewhere in between street-level and power-house. His stories are often personal, not to mention it makes no fucking sense when in certain series GCPD consider him a "vigilante" and yet the fucking U.S. Federal Government allows him and his Super Friends to do what they do.

Batman does not belong in the Justice League. But Robin does belong in the Teen Titans. Is there any way to have both?
>>
I'm ambivalent on your Batman sentiment, but

>Batman does not belong in the Justice League. But Robin does belong in the Teen Titans. Is there any way to have both?

Yes? I don't see why there would be a conflict here. It's like how Superman is in the JL but Supergirl generally isn't in the TT (though the reasoning is mostly because LoSH was the place for Superkids historically so there was never a reason for Kara to be in the TT as it was basically just all the kid heroes who didn't have a place to be).
>>
This is one of a million reasons that All Star B&R being cancelled is sad. They were tackling a lot of the issues with Batman being such an oddball in the group.
>>
>>94487636
Why exactly was it cancelled? I can't imagine a series with Batman in the title wasn't making enough sales?
>>
I really disagree. I think Batgod and kung-fu street level Batman can coexist. I know some people get tonal whiplash from that, but I don't, I feel it worked totally fine in the late 90's with stuff like Batman fighting the Injustice League at the same time as Cataclysm.

I don't understand why people only seem to want the big bruisers on superhero teams. Batman offers a lot of things that the others can't do. Like the LoSH, every member should bring something special to the table: Hawkman had weapons, Atom had the shrinking, and then the big 7's skills are obvious.

That said, I would like Superman and Batman to go back to being reserve members. Wondie being the leader gave her more of an identity in the wider DCU. Something that worked wonders for the JLU cartoon was making each episode focusing on a group of like 4 characters instead of the entire team, and you didn't have Batman and Superman hijacking the whole plot.

Bring back Hawkman, Atom and Green Arrow to the team, turn the current JLA into an Outsiders book, only have Batman or Superman show up to the JL once in awhile.

>>94487738
It isn't cancelled, but not only is Jim Lee one of the slowest artists around (more because he's really busy than because he draws slow), but Miller was also incredibly slow and likely also busy.

DC has insisted for years that it's not over and still coming but we have yet to see one scrap of info on it except Lee and Miller both going "yeah we just got started I swear"
>>
>>94487547
>But he always feels out of place, ALWAYS. He's stealthy to the other 6's aggression, he's intelligent enough to lead but not inspiring enough and I think thusly Superman should lead. (Although both New52 and Rebirth have had good reasons why he doesn't).

Batman and Superman are co-leaders. Its that simple.
>>
Make Batman the League wetworks guy and give him the Outsiders to play with again. Boom, problem solved.
>>
>>94487547
And then you realize there is no Justice League since he's the one funding everything.
>>
>>94487992
I'll say that a lot of the time it seems like Superman and Batman (and Aquaman) are always really fucking busy, considering the different series they star in and then the various cameos.

Aquaman just because he's a fucking world leader.

I understand that Batman is, y'know, Batman, so he should be busy, but I don't see when they have the time to just be Bruce and Clark.
>>
>>94488151
Out of all the heroes Batman could probably get away with not being Bruce Wayne the most. There's no consequences for him checking out of his dual identity life.

Even Wonder Woman would be bogged down more than Batman since she's supposed to be an ambassador or whatnot most of the time.
>>
>>94487738
It wasn't canceled, Jim Lee just keeps pushing projects off to the side for more immediate concerns (New 52 Justice League, Superman Unchained, etc etc). Think about the time when he was supposed to draw the annual for 1963 but then got sidetracked by other stuff and went on hiatus.
>>
>>94488252
Personally that's one of my favorite things about the various Aquaman series. They often mention how him being a superhero actually gets in the way of his "other" identity, as King. His court is generally depicted as getting annoyed that their monarch often runs off when they need him to do stately stuff, or leaving some foreigner (Mera) in charge.

It's really the only time I've seen them (in recent comics) talk about some hero's heroism getting in the way of their other responsibilities. I mean Clark just fucking takes his son out heroing with him and his wife is there fucking 75% of the time, too.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.