[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this season is shit right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 23

File: 337362_014.jpg (65KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
337362_014.jpg
65KB, 320x240px
So this season is shit right?
>>
>>94486405
Only if you thought the previous two were shit as well
>>
I preferred how a lot of the old episodes were just one offs and not that relevant to the overall plot. Seems like they are really south parking it up this season.
>>
Pickle episode was fine, last weeks was fucking trash.
>>
>>94486490
>a divorce happened
>FORCED PLOT THAT TAKES UP ENTIRE EPISODES RUINING THE FLOW

no
>>
File: 4309095155.jpg (158KB, 596x842px) Image search: [Google]
4309095155.jpg
158KB, 596x842px
>>94486405
I didn't know season 3 had already started. Every thread about R&M is just shitposting, so I though you faggots were posting preview shots.

Holy shit, second episode is fucking awful. You weren't joking about Summer ruining everything. She killed the dynamic. Rick puts Morty through shit for cheap thrills, like every episode, but then theres Summer - character assassinating herself and taking all tension away from the episode. She has no reaction whats happening around her and feels oblivious to the fucked up situation they're in. Summer is now LITERALLY Jerry with tits. She's got the trait of putting herself into stupid shit based on how she happens to feel, but none of the setbacks because having vagina? Why else use her and not just Jerry?

Before season 3 she was atleast normal human being, innocent. Now she is nothing. She has no role to play. Her character is dead. Rick puts the audience through controversial, unethical or morally perverted situations for laughs. Morty acts as witness to this shit and reacts accordingly. And Summer, is just ok with it.

She counters Morty's reaction and tames the shock value, which kills the show. Morty's reaction is everything to the show. If Morty was thrown into Adventure Time, you could still have an R&M episode. Rick doing cartoonish stupid shit alone is not enough for the shock value. Morty makes the show.

Nothing in this episode was shocking, because there was no tension. Nothing was funny as nothing was shocking.

This was the only funny line of the whole episode.
>So, lots of hookers outside, huh?
>Is that what they are?
>>
>>94486405
It's as good as season 2 so far. I would like to have more characters eps but those 3 eps are fine.
>>
I think this is one of the few shows that works good without some kind of overall plot. Just weekly fuckabouts with a reset every new episode. The introduction of an overarching plot isn't going to work, and its going to drag the show down
>>
I am finding the "jokes" way too drawn out dialogue wise for a weak, unfunny pay-off

I hate how Morty is a side character and Beth and Summer get more dialogue than him

The best parts are the action parts like Pickle Rick slaying rats in his improvised body or Morty having a huge arm. I am finding the dialogue a lot less interesting than usual. Why is everything so tame and base, like poop and dick jokes yay, I don't know what is missing but something is off.
>>
>>94486706
The real shame is that apparently Justin Roiland is known for coming here with the intention of reading genuine criticism about the show and other shit.

Not saying he has full creative control but I really hope that he's able to see comments like this. The show's really gone away from it's roots in a context that I also feel has detracted from the show's overall quality.
>>
File: 1502141368573.png (424KB, 628x524px) Image search: [Google]
1502141368573.png
424KB, 628x524px
>>94486405
>>94486405
>>
File: baffled.png (90KB, 614x780px) Image search: [Google]
baffled.png
90KB, 614x780px
I fucking hated pickle rick, but apparently fans loved it. I'm seriously baffled.
>>
File: rickmortygenderbalance.png (492KB, 667x718px) Image search: [Google]
rickmortygenderbalance.png
492KB, 667x718px
>>94486405
This may have had something to do with it.
>>
>piano murder thing was just an after credits gag
well fuck that actually looked interesting
>>
File: 1500450515835.jpg (44KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500450515835.jpg
44KB, 960x960px
Who started the habit of saying '"It's shit" to things? (never "shitty", never "for shit", just "shit", without qualifiers)
>>
>>94486405
Honestly, hasn't been that bad. It's not the greatest thing ever, but neither was season 1.
>>
I thought the past two episode had enough laughs to keep me entertained, some decent animation in the pickle episode too. The problem is people started viewing it as anything more than just a good comedy show with a few sci-fi concepts worked in and start seeing it as this "super deep mind lowing shit yo".
I do hope we get back to some more episodes where it is just Rick and Morty though.
>>
I dont watch this show nor do I follow these threads

Can someone explain whats up with the pickle? I dont understand what all the hype/shitposting is about
>>
>>94488877
>how could people possibly have a different opinion than me

You should seriously go the doctor and see if you have autism
>>
>>94488936
Well, if the scenes keep with the fake, fake, real, fake, real, fake, fake (last one being the c'thulu monster) we can look forward to rick talking to someone while Summer and Cyborg Summer get ready to attack/await. So yay. More summer forced down our throats. We have the series Lisa/Meg episodes to help keep things boring.

Maybe they'll change the name of the series to reflect the inclusion of Beth and Summer.
>>
>>94488962
nobody in particular, it's just internet vernacular that has bled into the popular consciousness. I think that's how they say things are shitty across the pond?
>>
File: summer.jpg (19KB, 522x381px) Image search: [Google]
summer.jpg
19KB, 522x381px
>>94486706
correct, the whole premise of the show is Justin doing two funny voices. I'm surprised no one has brought it up but summer is poochy, a third character forced into a two character cartoon by external influences. Only instead of corporate greed its dan Harmon moral compass.

>>94488936
side note, I was so looking forward to that episode but no, it was just a one off. think of this though if they had to pull an end of credit scene for the intro how many interesting scenes from actual eps do they have to pick from. how much of this season is going to be in therapists rooms?
>>
>>94488980
The recent episode had Rick turn himself into a pickle. /co/ is triggered because they can't handle a little sillyness.
>>
>>94489015
>Maybe they'll change the name of the series to reflect the inclusion of Beth and Summer.

nah that would be branding suicide, no one is dumb enough to do that.
>>
>>94489052
I dunno man. Women wormed their way into the writers room. They hate that whole non-inclusion thing.
>>
File: 1501509757084.jpg (8KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
1501509757084.jpg
8KB, 207x253px
>>94489095
>Women wormed their way into the writers room.
>>
>>94489137
see
>>94488898
>>
File: 1501457739898.jpg (13KB, 385x299px) Image search: [Google]
1501457739898.jpg
13KB, 385x299px
>>94489178
>Not representation
>It's balance
That is so fucking pretentious and pointless, kill me.
>>
What if Justin Roiland hates it as much as we do and he shitposts alongside us to vent his anger? What if he can't do anything about how fucking horrid his writing team is due to modern day media and how he'd probably be castrated if he said anything that may smear any of low quality writers on his team just due to the fact that they're female.

Honestly, I'm not sure if that's worse or the possibility that he's actually convinced that their writing is superior to the 1st season's.
>>
https://youtu.be/iRCSZA7nQic?t=19m13s

this explains all basically dan, forcing and rushing not funny script
>>
>>94489304
Who is this dumb nigger holly shit.
>>
>>94486490
The show has had continuity since the beginning though. Why is it suddenly problem now?
>>
>>94488898
>gender balance
what's the fucking point? hire people because they have talent not because they have a vagoo

t. woman that just wanted a grandpa and his grandson see having crazy adventures
>>
>>94486405
>I-its not supposed to always be funny it's a deep intellectual show

DAE god's not real? XD
>>
>>94486405
S3E1 - shocking unwanted and unasked-for sudden arbitrary cutting of a lot of fruitful threads. still generally an OK episode, just hard to know how to take it.
S3E2 - pretty good episode. I guess they knew what they were doing, cutting off the prison plotline the way they did.
S3E3 - lol, what the fuck did I just watch? are they going to put Rick in therapy, LOL motherfucker is literally a cosmic horror, fucking females.
>>
>>94490200
Agreed, the emphasis they have on gender "balance" in the work environment is counter-productive due to how absolutely irrelevant it is.
>>
>>94490304
They felt it was important because they felt unconfident writing Beth and Summer's characters, so they hired female writers. If the writing crew was overwhelmingly female instead, they would reasonably hire male writers for Jerry and Morty. I don't see the issue here.
>>
>>94490362
The first person I saw here with a fucking brain
>>
>>94489302
i think that this is totally plausible. down in LA, the politically correct attitude reigns supreme, and even if some people don't fully agree with it, they end up having to go along with it to avoid getting torn down and labeled as a bigot. put your feet in Roiland's shoes — a dude who's genuinely funny and creative, just wants to make people laugh and has a hit on his hands, but forces move outside of his control and he's ultimately powerless to really do anything about it. what do you really do other than just smile and keep the show going?

i know that this is leans a little too far towards romanticizing Roiland, but i've really never seen anything that evidences him giving a shit about political correctness. seems like a simpler guy who lacks an agenda. Dan Harmon is an older guy with more experience and clearly has his preferences, preferences that are more out of touch with the audience than Roiland's, and more in touch with the circlejerk that is the entertainment industry.

if the show really goes downhill from this, it'll be a great shame, but hopefully Justin could find something more compatible with him rather than sticking around for a ride going south.

all the same though, we'll only really know which direction things are headed once we make it further into the season. hope for the best i guess
>>
>>94490386
>he actually thinks the 'pc agenda' is real

Oh dear...
>>
>>94490362
>they felt unconfident writing Beth and Summer's characters, so they hired female writers
That's fucking ridiculous and insulting, have they ever met any women? Women are just people, write them like you'd write fucking men
>>
>>94490362
Did they hire females that are freshly divorced and know what they write about from experience?
fuck no so fuck it
>>
>>94489908
I opened up the livestream when they were recording.

Within 5 seconds I heard her bring up "growing up poor" and i just clicked it off. I knew what the entire panel was going to be about.
>>
>>94490362
I don't think you're giving their writing crew enough credit, any talented writer can create an entertaining character whether it be male or female. This is a more subjective opinion on my behalf but I've seen content with less than half the writers they have yet they're capable of producing characters that have more depth beyond the fact that they're male or female. There's a lot more to a character than just their sex even if it's a comedy focused show.

I think you raise a valid point but I respectfully disagree.

>>94490384
Shame you couldn't contribute anything constructive to his post.
>>
File: IMG_2872.jpg (77KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2872.jpg
77KB, 960x960px
>>94486405
ITS NOT A GOOD SHOW
>>
No. Not yet anyway.
>>
>>94486405
Fucking "pickle rick" felt like r/rickandmorty tried to write an episode. no interesting Sci-fi concept, no character development, just "WOOO IM PICKLE RICK" for 20 minutes until they drop some college freshman's 2edgy4u lecture in closing and then it ends...

I thought the season 3 premiere was great. I thought episode 2 was... a perfectly fine episode of Rick and Morty. A post-apocalypse, how creative. But at least we got some insight into how Morty and Summer were feeling about the divorce. This one just felt like pandering to me.
>>
>>94490495
Go to bed, Boco.
>>
>>94490433
I agree, but it's their decision. It's not like it really matters, since Harmon ultimately controls and supervises all the writing in the show, and Roiland to a lesser extent.
>>
>>94490501

Its 7 at night.
>>
>>94489933
It used to prioritize comedy
>>
>>94490519
It's 6 in the afternoon.
>>
>>94490519
Did I ask you what time it was? Don't talk back to your parental figures, go to bed.
>>
>>94490453
I don't actually think it's necessary either, but I get why they did it. People are getting really puffed up over this though, when ultimately it doesn't make a huge difference since Harmon has control over the writing anyway.
>>
>>94490543
He has control though that doesn't mean the state of the show's story and humor falls completely on him. Everyone including him is responsible for it.

To just say it's just his fault would be an irresponsible accusation. If writers didn't make a large difference than they wouldn't be so focused on "balancing" their huge writing team.
>>
>>94486405
No.
Rickshank Rickdemption was one of the best episodes in the entire series.

Rickmancing The Stone was below average, but not the worst the series had.

Pickle Rick was above averge for Rick&Morty episodes
>>
File: 1498898213481.png (53KB, 332x352px) Image search: [Google]
1498898213481.png
53KB, 332x352px
>>94490627
>crazyaga
>>
>>94490592
I dunno man, I know when he was making Community he had an iron grip on the show to the point that most writers found it really hard to work on the show, he has a really clear plot structure and is a known control freak
>>
File: 1434066877353.jpg (19KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1434066877353.jpg
19KB, 360x360px
>>94490644
>Vegeta noticed me
>>
>>94486490
mostly south park rips from the headlines and rewrites the week of broadcast. the last season and a half were atypical and Trey and Matt have remarked that as well.
>>
>>94490498
Well, go to :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rick_and_Morty_episodes

And look at the writers for Seasons 1-2

Then look at the writer of the first one, then the second and third. And which ones people liked, and which one people didn't for this season.

Pretty clear.
>>
File: Lauren Zuke.png (207KB, 366x484px) Image search: [Google]
Lauren Zuke.png
207KB, 366x484px
We honestly won't be able to fully tell until another couple of seasons comes out. This season seems to strictly be focusing on development rather then the humor, which frankly I'm a-okay for but can understand why so many aren't.

The problem is that I think a lot of people, mostly /co/, is tired in general of story driven cartoons because of how much these writers are incapable of actually pulling it of. Adventure Time tried and failed, SU is currently trying and is becoming a mess, South Park failed so spectacularly that the writers themselves had to admit how awful it was, Samurai Jack had terrible pacing. The only cartoon that managed to keep it up is Mystery Incorporated, Bojack Horseman and arguably Gravity falls and even then for many people the second half of the season was so poorly done that it wasn't really worth it and Bojack is becoming repetitive .

I think the hatred /co/ gets form Rick and Morty comes from the fact that everyone has just become overtly cynical due to past failures and only assumes the worst when a cartoon writer attempts to at writing a larger narrative. We don't know if Rick and Morty plans o focus on comedy or the drama, and because of this people are getting more ornery.
>>
>>94490677

Did they remark that they won't do it anymore?
>>
>>94486405
Episode 1 was GOAT
Episode 2 was ass
Episode 3 was great

It's good
>>
>>94488749
the current cartoon landscape is so large now that we don't need to limit the grid to these four shows.
>>
>>94490428
Agenda is probably the wrong word, but it is a predominant attitude in that circle, and it's something that a lot of these people feel the need to insert into their work, even if it hurts the material.
>>
>>94490433
You know, it's not adding female writers would be terrible if they didn't hire the absolute worst writers possible. Jessica Gao's amazing resume includes Annoying Orange, Back at the Barnyard, Big Time Rush and Mighty B. Hiring someone with shows like that under their belt was a mistake - regardless of their genitals
>>
>>94490653
Still, that doesn't really refute my point as to why they so desperately need to balance their team out and expand if he has the amount of control he does. They could all just be for the sake of comedy purposes but I feel as if with the amount of talent they currently have it seems a little unnecessary.
>>
>>94490362
Amazing how Beth and Summer went from fun side characters to shit characters that bring the entire episode down this season.
>>
>>94490700
it's a shame that you're listing Mystery Incorporated as one of the successful ones and that ended four years ago. Does Venture bros count at this point?

agreed that Gravity Falls really didn't stick the landing. most of the show was fantastic.

Bojack is definitely getting repetitive but i also feel that is the cycle of failure and depression . It seems the bojack showrunners are aware of it so i'm holding out hope that bojack will finally break the cycle.
>>
>>94486405
Season is pretty nice, it has some nice gore, some nice comedy, some nice "brutal honesty", and a lot of fucked up shit.
>>
>>94488749
And Archer is about smart people... where exactly? Borderline autistic in Archer and Cheryl/Carrol, but whom main characters could you actually call smart, besides (arguably) Archer's mother and Ray?
>>
>>94490893
Lana and Pam are smart, Pam's just also fat and boorish so it's not as obvious
>>
>>94490519
Go take your dog for a walk, Boco
>>
>>94490923
Lana is a massive dumbass, she might be intelligent but she is in no way shape or form "smart".

Pam, I'll give you her, but she's just above average, and her other traits deeply overlap her street smarts.

Archer is "about smart people" as much as Rick and Morty is about mediocre people.
>>
>>94486405

Well if this episode is any indication I'm not fucking hopeful.

It's amazing how the entire episode is about how crazy good Rick is at improvisation and science but the entire reason anything even happened is his ridiculously foolish scheme to get out of going to therapy in the first place. But hey I can forgive it, it's good for a joke.

But the biggest offence was the entire therapy plot by itself. Compare this to the episode where Beth and Jerry are dropped off on an alien planet by Rick to go through marriage counselling, resulting in what I'd consider the kind of hijinks that makes the show what it is. The characters learned their lessons by their experiences, not by sitting in a fucking couch and talking and listening to a dull monologue.

This episode? Oh boy, the doctor specializes in people who eat poop, and monologuing. Morty being a boring shit.
>>
>>94490893
Dude, repetitive jokes about Danger Zone and Burt Reynolds Obsessions...then having cringey guest star cameos and forced country music blabitty blah.

It should have ended 3-4 seasons ago. I only got 3 episodes into the last season before I gave up on it. I might watch it if there's nothing on netflix when it comes on, but it just felt like a rehash of the same shit in a different timeline.

Plus, it's all a dream, so theres zero stakes. Why be engaged? It's like a pre-fuck you, instead of a post like that season of Dallas.
>>
>>94490362

they had no reason to write either of those characters as anything more than one note. It isn't fucking family guy.

The show is Rick and morty.

not Rick and Morty and Summer and Beth
>>
>>94490719
>Episode 2 somehow worse than episode 3
Both were both pretty terrible but I'd still say 3 was far worse then 2. At least episode got a chuckle out of me, whereas this was mindless gore while re-enforcing the same terrible traits that everyone who's watched the show caught in season 1.
>>
>>94490967
I guess it depends on how you define smart. How about Krieger?
>>
>>94491080
Krieger is another case of intelligent yet a massive dumbass, but even more accentuated on both fronts than Lana.

Smart's more like being able to make plans, think tactically, think things through and stuff like that. As self destructive as he is, Rick is smart and intelligent, as he demonstrated in Pickle Rick.

Krieger is a bonafide Hitler-clone genius, but he'd hang himself with his own shoelaces or get shot by the mob whom he swindled when buying popcorns from given half a week by himself
>>
>>94490982
Well the next episode is another movie parody so I'm already going in with low expectations. The rumors circulating in another thread is the following episode should be about Rick and Morty relaxing, then back to more Beth and Summer drama. Something about Summer having body image issues, and Beth's childhood. I'm kinda thinking, rather hoping, those were troll posts.
>>
Yeah, I liked it better when it was less well known. Now that it's really popular, it's shit
>now you don't have to read the thread
>>
File: 1496577077317.png (178KB, 658x373px) Image search: [Google]
1496577077317.png
178KB, 658x373px
All eps so far have been good. 2 being the weakest for lack of jokes. Although sandwich between 1 and 3 it was fucked.
>>
File: 1501893199054.jpg (22KB, 417x281px) Image search: [Google]
1501893199054.jpg
22KB, 417x281px
>>94491417
Absolute shit taste
>>
>>94491417
Where were the jokes in episode 3? Besides dude pickles lmao xD
>>
>>94486405
the divorce being the emotional catalyst for these adventures is a interesting idea but it's under developed since you don't learn much about the divorce
>>
Yes, thus far at least. The third one was a little bit better than the other two, didn't like the sub-plot or the monologue at the end, but it was still better. I hope it will continue to improve (according to my tastes) as it goes on, but I doubt it.
>>
>>94490719
Episode 1 was shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Episode 3 was not anywhere great. Mediocre at best.
>>
File: 1492235176744.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492235176744.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
>>94490433
You ever met a woman? Good chunk of time they don't react/think at all like a man in a given situation. If they did, we wouldn't have 98% of the bitching/woman hate/tfw shit of 4chan.

Do agree though that specifically needing to get a woman's view for R&M is overkill given the show is pretty much slapstick.

>>94491445
Yet I got my money's worth. What in particular entertains you?

>>94491494
Pickle Rick's entire plot and the summary of what Rick is. The latter while not being so much a joke but what 4chan bitches about being realized by the plot device therapist.
>>
I enjoyed Pickle Rick, but I also think the quality has dropped way off.

It's more like they're leaning on the animators to produce interesting visuals now, and the writers are just producing filler. In fact, they're undermining the interesting stuff being animated by treating the return to status quo at the end of the episode as a foregone conclusion.

The episode concept is solid: Rick turns himself into a pickle to avoid family therapy, gets himself into a pickle, and has to get himself out when it seems like he should be totally helpless. Meanwhile, there's a parallel, relatively mundane plotline with the other members of the family.

First serious blunder: separating Rick from Morty for nearly the entire episode. Rick and Morty is about Rick and Morty going on adventures together, built around their improv dialogue. I mean, you can switch the sound off for first two seasons and play each episode like a radio drama, and it mostly works. Rick has no one to talk to, and no audience, there's no one to react to the crazy situation like a normal person. No Pickle Morty, no Morty desperately trying to deal with a Rick-scale situation where Rick can only give him instructions, no Morty getting radio messages in his fillings to come save Rick. Big mistake. Now it's just wacky lolrandum action.

Second blunder: the parallel plotline is genuinely boring and mundane. They've got one bottom-of-the-barrel joke (shit-eating), and one anti-joke (the therapist takes all the craziness in stride and is genuinely competent and, as we're supposed to intepret it, insightful), like the joke is that you were expecting something funny, and they rub it in your face that they're not providing it. Ha ha. A third of the show is filler.

Third blunder: no mindfuck. This was literally a day in the life of. Rick and Morty has a Twilight Zone aspect. It says something in each episode about either the real world or popular fiction that leaves you disquieted and contemplative.
>>
S3 Episode 1 was good (not excellent, but not fair).

Episodes 2 and 3 are dogshit
>>
>>94491800
>S3 Episode 1 was good
Last episode written before they hired a new all-woman writing staff.
>>
File: 1500172953239.jpg (333KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1500172953239.jpg
333KB, 960x1200px
>>94491756
>What in particular entertains you?
Comedies that actually have jokes, or dramas where there are actual stakes.
>>
>>94490495
Fuck off back to tumblr namefag
>>
File: 1479244631319.jpg (28KB, 444x325px) Image search: [Google]
1479244631319.jpg
28KB, 444x325px
>>94491922
Then all I can say is don't watch it. Its clear this season is going to be using the divorce as a vehicle while keeping the rick adventures going as well. Why waste time getting disgusted over nothing?
>>
>>94491756
>You ever met a woman? Good chunk of time they don't react/think at all like a man in a given situation. If they did, we wouldn't have 98% of the bitching/woman hate/tfw shit of 4chan.
Here's the deal: women don't know what's going on in each others' heads any more than men do.

Men instinctively work in teams, so we need to be clear and understandable to each other. If we can predict each other's value judgements, we don't have to interrupt work to talk about what we want.

Women instinctively jockey for social advantage full time, so they benefit from being opaque, unpredictable, and deceptive. That way, they can be offended, hurt, or neglected whenever it's useful, to take advantage of men's protective instincts toward them.

Women only know better what they *personally* would think, feel, or do in a situation. Furthermore, they have strong inhibitions against representing this honestly, instead of constantly signalling that they are good girls with correct thoughts who deserve good things. On top of that, they just plain have smaller, less powerful brains, so they're less able to model the behavior of other women they've observed. All in all, they're less able to write women characters well than men.
>>
>>94486405
nah, I enjoyed the first episode and the the third a lot. only the second episode has been meh for me.
>>
>>94492291
Pickle Rick had excellent animation. With the writing staff they've got now, focusing on letting the animators draw cool shit is probably their best move.
>>
>>94486405
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1wg1DNHbNU
>>
Why is /co/ so sexist? Why aren't we giving women a chance to be a writer?
>>
>>94486405
PICKLE RICK
>>
What did you guys think of the Jaguar bits? I thought they were the funniest parts of the episode.
>>
File: IMG_0867.jpg (54KB, 600x893px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0867.jpg
54KB, 600x893px
HE HAS NO JOB HE HAS NO FRIENDS THERES SOME R&M POSTS THAT HE DOESNT CLEANSE HE CAN COOK HOTPOCKETS WHEN HE NEEDS TO AT 300LBS HES A BIG GUY FOR YOU RECIEVES NO PAY HE DOES IT FOR FREE TAKES IT VERY SERIOUSLY ANYWAYS UHH
>>
I'm gonna be honest. This part really pissed me off in the end.

I enjoyed watching Rick & Morty in the past cause the show would usually delve in really weird and taboo issues, but play em all for laughs. I guess the shock value of it is what attracted me at first. The fact that I genuinely could not tell or be able to accurately predict what could happen to the episode's plot.

This scene with the weird pianist guy seemed really interesting to me, and I was honestly hyped about this scene when I'd see it in the intro, thinking it would be a full episode. It reminded me of the fucked up shit Rick and Morty would face in the past two seasons, it's such a shame it was only used as a gag.

Now the episodes overall don't feel as strong and interconnected. It feels a bit more half-assed. Also I hate how they're making Rick into this young, trendy, joke spouting guy, when he's supposed to be a grandfather and a scientist first and foremost. In other words, I just miss the calmer, less edgy, more like Doc type of scientist Rick of the first season.
>>
>>94490474
kek
>>
This season so far is lacking the creativity of the other two seasons. I miss the nonsense and unpredictability. So far this season seems down to earth setting wise. Joke wise it seems just as funny and there's still the violence and gore in the previous seasons. However the gore doesn't have any shock value. They had the opportunity during the scene where Rick tears apart the rodents but it wasn't very gruesome. I do still think they have it in them because in S3e1 they nailed it.
>>
>>94493786
They're just false flagging. I'm pretty sure the majority of /co/ didn't know Rick and morty had no female writers until it was announced new writers would join
>>
File: 1487826237608.jpg (115KB, 1024x964px) Image search: [Google]
1487826237608.jpg
115KB, 1024x964px
>>94492076
>being this new
>>
>>94486405
remove Dan Harmon and his stupid fucking sjw agenda
>>
It is but alot of people are really defensive about it. I'm really starting to hate R&M fans
>>
File: Rick_62ae5a_6282261.jpg (21KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
Rick_62ae5a_6282261.jpg
21KB, 500x313px
>>94486405
Some of the memes, shitposting, and copypasta have made me laugh in a stupid way the past few days but can we go back to talking about the show or even Morticia waifufagging now? I'm burnt out.
>>
>>94493921
The thing is, they already did "TINY RICK!" so him shouting out his name with an adjective in front of it to describe his shapeshifted self is a repeated joke, and inherently much less funny than the first time.

Also, even by the show's usual absurd standards, it lacked basic plausibility or consistency. When Rick got caught on a primitive world without his tools, it took him weeks or months to build back up to advanced technology, with full use of his body. But in this episode, he gets dropped in a sewer as a pickle, bites into a cockroach brain to control its movements, and uses that to build a rat-cyborg body within the space of a few minutes. Then again a bit later, he builds a powerful laser weapon out of ordinary computer parts.

Rick's extremely resourceful, but he's not just magic. When he's caught without his tools, he doesn't pull super-tech out of his ass. He needs time and suitable conditions to pull super-tech out of his ass.

You have to do a little song and dance to cover up the deus ex machina. You don't just laugh about how the protagonist is invincible and can never be in any real danger. The new writers don't get it.
>>
>>94490362
Outside of your point being bullshit, Summer was absolutely devoid of personality in Pickle Rick. She and Morty's lines could have been interchangeable and at no point did she even have a line with the slightest bit of characterization
>>
>>94486405
Thank the female writers.
>>
File: 1487989798387.jpg (242KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1487989798387.jpg
242KB, 960x1280px
>>94486405
>/co/ constantly shits on Rick and Morty
>there's seven threads up all bitching about the last episode

You faggots are just fueling the fire with your intense hate-boner for this shit. Just stop giving it attention if you hate it so much, fucking christ, get your shit together. Put it all in a bag or something, I don't care, just get your shit together.
>>
>>94486405

>>94498230
>>94498409
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.