[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it still hold up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: beavis_and_butthead.jpg (9KB, 313x234px) Image search: [Google]
beavis_and_butthead.jpg
9KB, 313x234px
Does it still hold up?
>>
No

It was new and exciting back in the '90s, but now it's just another sitcom with the jokes spread very, very thin.
>>
>>94485016
Just the original seasons.
>>
>>94485016
*laughing*
>>
>>94485016
Yes. And the new ones are good too.
>>
>>94485016
Yes. It's comedy is kinda niche, but unique enough where it stands out. There still isn't anything like it. The music video segments are really the only thing that dates the show, but they're still funny.
>>
>>94485199
>It's comedy is kinda niche

*Its comedy is kinda niche
>>
>>94485199
>>94485207
who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>94485238
http://www.its-not-its.info/
>>
>>94485238
their parents
>>
What's /co/'s favorite episode/music video?
>>
File: B&Blaughing.png (813KB, 526x805px) Image search: [Google]
B&Blaughing.png
813KB, 526x805px
>>94485160
>>
>>94485207
Dammit guys, its really not that big a problem.
Its the English language's fault.
If it's rules weren't so stupid, we'd be in a better place.
>>
>>94485327
Nose Bleed/Mr. Bombastic
>>
>>94485016
Huhuhuhuhuh he said hold up huhuhuhuh

I think it does. I like it more than King of the Hill.
>>
>>94485016
some of it does. the stuff where they're not panning on videos is pretty timeless. the pop culture stuff with the music videos and the mtv shows in revival are pretty dated and in the moment
>>
The revival season was too savage for MTV.
>>
It's surprisingly short.
But the movie is great.
>>
>>94485327
I like most of the 30 minute specials. My favorite is with the escaped convict.
>>
>>94485036
How humorless can one guy be? I watched them for the first time last year and I was dying.
>>
>>94486016
this. i don't think they were expecting Judge to go as hard at them as he did.
>>
>>94485016
I'd say so. Even though it's set in 90's lower-middle class suburbia, the characters and their antics are pretty timeless. I bet you could show Beavis and Butthead to someone from a century ago and they'd get the humor. There always have been, and always will be, dumb, horny young men slacking off and doing stupid shit because they think it's cool. There are pop culture references here and there, but you don't need to get them to enjoy the show. The emphasis is almost entirely on the characters and their interactions.

>>94487211
That one was amazing.
>>
>>94485016
This show was butchered by censors after some retarded kid allegedly burned down his house after watching it. Newcomers likely saw what remained and said "that's it? Boring." The only way to see it in its uncut form is through bootlegs.
>>
File: best anime.jpg (62KB, 572x361px) Image search: [Google]
best anime.jpg
62KB, 572x361px
>>
Why did they cancel the show so fast in 2011?
>>
>>94485016
Yeah. Definitely better if you're drinking or smoking though
>>
>>94485016
yes for the most part. some of the earlier episodes are a little tryhard, but it really found it's stride later on. the music videos are the funniest part
>>
>>94488812
MTV's demographic isn't what it used to be and towards the end of the season, a new network head took over, claiming she wanted more female oriented programming. Beavis and Butt-Head, in spite of the hype and solid reception it received upon coming back, wasn't part of that vision. When asked about the fate of the show she gave a snide "Talk to me in a month" response and it was left to die.

TL;DR women ruin everything.
>>
>>94489952
That sounds plausible. At least mtvclassic plays mostly music.
>>
>>94490024
Here, dug up an article about it from a few years ago.
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/nov/12/entertainment/la-et-ct-mtv-susanne-daniels-20121112

>One of the hopes MTV has for Daniels is that she will come up other shows that can attract female viewers, which was the WB's sweet spot. That could spell bad news for "Beavis and Butt-head," the classic cartoon series that MTV brought back last year that was a hit with young boys.

>Asked about the fate of "Beavis and Butt-head," Daniels said, "talk to me in a month."
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.