[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want good redneck characters in comics and cartoons other than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: 2476966-631220.gif (53KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
2476966-631220.gif
53KB, 320x240px
I want good redneck characters in comics and cartoons other than the apple horse

Why do no good rednecks get to be heroes? I know it's easy to paint them as a the badguy but come on, the straight shootin' down south archetype has more appeal than that
>>
>>94481949
Maybe you've heard of a character called Clark Kent?
>>
Rogue. Cannonball.
>>
>>94481966
this

I wouldn't say straight out redneck, but he was raised by a group of nice farmers in the middle of Rural america.

Also, Carnage. His name's Cletus for fuck's sake. And he's literally red.
>>
>>94481949
Because most writers think redneck and "morally loose retard" go hand in hand, if they want to write a heroic type they usually model them after Clint Eastwood, John Wayne or any other type of cowboy.
>>
Various X-Men characters.
>>
>>94481981
But Carnage is one of the worst villains to ever exist, worst as in simply undeniably scum

And he wasn't even originally written as a redneck, he was just a New Yorker with a redneck name by coincidence, now he's a full blown hick but that only goes on to prove my point!
>>
>>94481981
Carnage isn't even from the south. He is a New Yorker, from Brooklyn.
>>
>>94481949
Would mercenary with a shotgun and heavy southern accent go as good redneck character?
>Has a farm and tons of grandchildren
>Economics go to shit in his area
>He's veteran of several conflicts, all he can do is farming and shooting people down
>Gets cyberimplanted and looks for hire
>Being in squad of young mercs he's all like "I kno' bout yer nihilism, existentialism, and shit, but that's ain' no good way, no good way, kids."
How would you enhance this character?
>>
>>94481949
What about Rick from Walking Dead?
Or Jesse Custer from Preacher?
Jonah Hex? Hank Hill? Doug Dimmadome, owner of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome?
>>
>>94481949
Hillbilly is a great comic
>>
>>94481949
Because only a redneck likes a redneck. Rednecks are barley literate and are threatened by people they perceive to be more intelligent than they are which is why they love dumbfuck shit like larry the cable guy and jeff dunham. So rednecks never aspire to create shit that will appeal to anybody who isn't a redneck and they never consume media that isn't made for resnecks. So they avoid big hollywood stuff like superheroes, stuff was invented by jews so can't trust that shit, and hollywood has no reason to create a character whose target audience dismissed them a long time ago.

My proof? I grew up in florida surrounded by the reddest necked rednecks and trust me, they are not a smart group of people.
>>
>>94481949
Fuck you and fuck the blue collar comedy tour.
>>
>>94482446
>Because only a redneck likes a redneck.
Most of the country hates big city slicker Jewish stereotypes who only exist in two cities in the whole country, so why are they so prevalent if popularity is a factor?

As for the rest of your post, I clearly said GOOD rednecks, Applejack from MLP is probably the only modern example I can think of
>>
Because cracker culture is literally cancer.
>>
Pretty much all the DC speedsters are from that south/midwest crossover area. Bart's ongoing was set in Alabama even.
>>
>>94481949
There's a new upcoming cartoon about rednecks.
>>
>>94482446
>larry the cable guy and jeff dunham
outdated reference count: 1
>>
File: GodCountry_01-1.png (233KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
GodCountry_01-1.png
233KB, 585x900px
>>94481949
Do your homework, son
>>
>>94482526

>Most of the country

Most of the counties, you mean.
>>
>>94481949
cause rednecks are incapable of being good. At best they can be fun to hang out with.

t. redneck
>>
>>94482526
The difference is good writers, food eriters who are big city slicker jews themselves. A good writer will make you forget about the big city slicker jewish stereotype and mske you appreciate the character for his good qualities. There's a reason why Clark Kent, Peter Parker, Tony Stark are still so popular today despite sharing characteristics of the big city jew, because they were written by big city jews who knew how to make them appealing to a broad ranfrange of people.

You want good redneck characters? You need good redneck writers who aren't ashamed of their background. Which is easier said than dibe because like i said most rednecks don't like to leave their cultural vubble and lime exlosing themselves to cultures outside rhat bubble.

We need more king of the hill and less larry the cable guy.
>>
File: Daryl-Season-4-Promo-Photo.jpg (433KB, 737x948px) Image search: [Google]
Daryl-Season-4-Promo-Photo.jpg
433KB, 737x948px
>>94481949
>>
File: EarlySquidbillies.jpg (61KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
EarlySquidbillies.jpg
61KB, 288x288px
>>94481949
Greatest Redneck character or Greatest Redneck character?
>>
>>94482827
What can i say? I haven't hung out with any good ol' boys in more than a decade. Haven't kept up with any popular redneck trends so i can only speak from my dated experiences. I was going to use trump as an example but i felt that would've steered this conversation somewhere stupid.
>>
>>94481949
wasn't there an awful vampire show on hbo that officially dug the grave for any good redneck characters?
>>
Cannonball? I mean, he's pretty great.
>>
Isn't Supernatural about rednecks fighting monsters?
>>
As a New York to Texas transplant I have to say there's an unfortunate and ignorant negative view of Southerners. For every person with an accent and a pair of boots who is a legitimate racist, there's one who is an all around nice person, even if they're devout Christians or hold Republican views on government.

I learned really quickly not to assume someone is dumb because of their accent, I've spoken to literal geniuses with the heaviest country-ass accents. Even highly educated "enlightened" people will have some tells that they formerly had accents (further = futher, y'all).

tl;dr I too would like to see more Southern characters that aren't strawmen, Deliverance hillbillies or actual cowboys.
>>
>>94482526
>Most of the country hates big city slicker Jewish stereotypes
This is why people dislike rednecks, no one even thinks to include "Jewish" in that sentence, but you can't even understand these people separated from jewishness
>>
>>94483364
The same thing applies to literally every group of people ever, not only to rednecks
>>
>>94483609
That's very true, the only reason I single out Southerners is because they've been deemed a pretty acceptable target for a couple decades now thanks, Neil Young and Deliverance and right now are going through a resurgence of being targets because of hatred of the right. I have many highly educated Southern friends who simply could not get a job outside of the South because of their accents.

Of course it's not the same as ethnic minorities or anything, but that's why it would be comparatively really easy to address.
>>
>>94483748
rednecks are more a thing of the midwest and praries than exclusively southern
>>
>Why do no good rednecks get to be heroes?
Rednecks aren't allowed to work for Marvel or DC, with rare exceptions. I don't see the indie press

>>94482446
>Because only a mugga likes a mugga. Mutants are barley literate and are threatened by people they perceive to be more intelligent than they are which is why they love dumbfuck shit like dazzler and longshot. So mutants never aspire to create shit that will appeal to anybody who isn't a mugga and they never consume media that isn't made for moorlocks. So they avoid big hollywood stuff like the FF, stuff was invented by Reed Richards so can't trust that shit, and the FFhas no reason to create a character whose target audience dismissed them a long time ago.

My proof? I grew up in district M surrounded by the Muggaest gene jokes and trust me, they are not a smart group of people.
>>94482170
It's a surface cliche like a urban thug, or illegal immigrant with high hopes for the future, but there's nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>94481949
What appeal?
>>
>>94484205
Mutants and rednecks are pretty much the opposite situation though. Muggas are born different and have to deal with the trauma of living your whole life as a normal dude and suddenly having your genes go A Bomb. Rednecks are born normal but think since the cradle they are the very best and most normal people and have to deal with being pretty much third world citizens once they meet people outside their redneck area.
>>
>>94481949
>good
>redneck
Now that's just illogical.
>>
>>94482526
>Applejack from MLP is probably the only modern example I can think of
She may be a good person, but she's far from a good character. They've reduced her to a walking redneck stereotype, only instead of derbies and alcohol, she only ever talks about apples.
>>
>>94481949
Sam Guthrie is a regular is USAvengers
>>
>>94484240
Bootstraps self-made-man philosophy, helping those who help themselves, belief that all men are created equal and are born with equal opportunity, belief in absolute justice, belief in inalienable rights, your basic life, liberty and pursuit of happiness and freedom kind of stuff.

And rednecks are the somewhat hedonistic version of that, loving the balance of fun and work, they usually love their work and value experience over education, tend to be very friendly even to people who are very different for them or that they may even have prejudices against, have great pride in things like their family, town, country, and their way of life.

Note that I don't necessarily agree with most of the above stances, but people need to remember that Republican =/= bigot and conservative =/= social conservative. It lends itself easily to idiocy and moralfaggotry but there's just a different set of values that their experiences are being filtered through.

Not even conservative or Republican, I'm a liberal faggotron, I just think Southerners get a bad rap and people ignore their admirable traits because of the negative ones.

>>94484687
>/co/
>buying or even reading good comics
LMAO
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.